TDF 2013 Stage 9 *SPOILER*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    F these ads. Had three on itv4 in the last 15mins. Getting them in early hopefully.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Pross wrote:
    If Sky were controlling this as per usual at this point it would be 50km to race and a few riders dangling out front with a tempo tapped all day. As it stands we have had 2 hrs of great racing.

Proper racing for the true cycling fans today, not like some of that pre-packaged BS. Handmade vs factory made.

How is what Movistar doing remotely entertaining? What should have been an epic stage with Froome isolated throughout is being skunked away by a train that's not making it hard enough. Today was the day for Quintana to go from distance, Movistar have to risk Quintana's GC position and white jersey to put the pressure on Froome and have failed to do it.

I suggest you watch the first hour of live coverage as well as reading the ticker for what happened before live coverage. Movistar made the race.

I would suggest they started well but they've failed to execute.

If Quintana goes on the last climb, Froome has no reason to chase. If Valv.piti goes he knows it's too close to the finish to hurt him.

He only has to watch Contador
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    NO ONE CARES WHERE RICHIE PORTE IS! HE'S OUT...

DEAL!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875

I suggest you watch the first hour of live coverage as well as reading the ticker for what happened before live coverage. Movistar made the race.

You really do like to patronise people don't you ? Your views aren't even consistent it depends on which team or rider does it
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I want a bikini clad lady to pass me water on climbs!
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:

Screenshot_2013-07-06-17-07-27_20130706173029060.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Richie Porte's mum cares.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Mooro wrote:
    not sure what a potato hunt is, but i like it!

A potato hunt is what the Dutch call it when you're stuck trying to bridge between groups.

Shas patat.
    quality! this aptly describes my miserable 8 houyrs doing the marmot single handed!

pierre rolland is pretty average descending.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Stupid exciting race. Im sat covered in mud from my cross session this morning but don't want to risk a shower lest I miss something.
    That's what you get for doing cross in July.

This is certainly shaping up to be a better TDF than yesterday's stage suggested.
  • frenchfighter
    Take a look at CVV's twitter. He is being quite active this stage.
    https://twitter.com/ChristianVDV
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:

Screenshot_2013-07-06-17-07-27_20130706173029060.jpg

OMG an actual Smurf! There in the middle. I didn't actually think we'd get a Smurf. So yesterday we had the elusive Haimar Zubeldia and today a Smurf! :shock:
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    WTF are Movistar playing at? As far as Froome is concerned that might as well be Kennaugh and Porte at the front.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    If Sky were controlling this as per usual at this point it would be 50km to race and a few riders dangling out front with a tempo tapped all day. As it stands we have had 2 hrs of great racing.

Proper racing for the true cycling fans today, not like some of that pre-packaged BS. Handmade vs factory made.

How is what Movistar doing remotely entertaining? What should have been an epic stage with Froome isolated throughout is being skunked away by a train that's not making it hard enough. Today was the day for Quintana to go from distance, Movistar have to risk Quintana's GC position and white jersey to put the pressure on Froome and have failed to do it.

Yep, they put themselves in a great position......but have spent the last 50km doing nothing to take advantage of it. They haven't forced Froome to make any decisions, opportunity wasted and I doubt they'll get another. Anything they do eventually gain will be wiped out and more on Wednesday.
  • frenchfighter
    Just waiting for JRod, Contador and Valverde to go all VUELTA on Froome.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Quintana should have attacked at the base to give Valverde a target and then some assistance.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Those yellow catlike helmets are horrible
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Can't help thinking that Movistar aren't trying to beat Froome but rather trying to put Valverde into second and distance Porte.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Pross
    When will Carlton finally give up thinking Porte might not only get back but then help?
  • Pross
    poppit wrote:
    Can't help thinking that Movistar aren't trying to beat Froome but rather trying to put Valverde into second and distance Porte.

That would be seriously poor!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Porte lost 5 minutes... Normal enough?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    This is incredibly frustrating...
  • frenchfighter
    Porte over 5mins back. Oh well, SKY Plan up in smoke and he is also looking a fool for what he said yesterday. They went early today and you have just lost your chance to win the TdF.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:
    When will Carlton finally give up thinking Porte might not only get back but then help?

I'd say by the time we get to Paris.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    This thread says Cadel Evans has quit the race, but Carlton has just said he's in the yellow jersey group looking reasonably comfortable. Is he still in or out?
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Pross wrote:

I'm just glad he's stopped making jokes about buttercups...
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    DeadCalm wrote:
    WTF are Movistar playing at? As far as Froome is concerned that might as well be Kennaugh and Porte at the front.

Exactly. Makes no difference to Froome at all
  • Pross
    Was that Valverde riding up and asking his team mates if they could go a bit quicker? :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    Porte lost 5 minutes... Normal enough?

Yep.

Are you going to post antything useful this TdF. You are verging on my foe list for the next two weeks as all the posts I have read of your this Tour have been a waste of my time.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Those yellow catlike helmets are horrible
    I've always thought those Catlike helmets wouldn't slide down the road well - they'd snag on the tarmac and do all sorts of damage to your neck. Don't suppose you'd care how they looked then!
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Graeme_S wrote:
    This thread says Cadel Evans has quit the race, but Carlton has just said he's in the yellow jersey group looking reasonably comfortable. Is he still in or out?

yep he is still in and currently in the yellow jersey group.