Tour de France 2013 - Race Chat

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    The donkeys in the jerseys! Someone post a pic from last year! Please!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited June 2013
    AyQH4LLCIAA3g9r.png

You really need the video though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDV9hF9EOyE
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    AG2R, have 5 confirmed:
    Romain Bardet, Jean-Christophe Péraud (leader), Samuel Dumoulin, Maxime Bouet and Blel Kadri

Argos shortlist:
    Bert De Backer (BEL)
    Roy Curvers (NED)
    John Degenkolb (GER)
    Tom Dumoulin (NED)
    Johannes Fröhlinger (GER)
    Simon Geschke (GER)
    Yann Huguet (FRA)
    Thierry Hupond (FRA)
    Marcel Kittel (GER)
    Koen de Kort (NED)
    Ramon Sinkeldam (NED)
    Albert Timmer (NED)
    Tom Veelers (NED)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited June 2013

OK, so I typed in "Tour de France" and "donkey" into Google and it came up with this...

mark-cavendish_2333361b.jpg
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    AyQH4LLCIAA3g9r.png

If there are not cows in jerseys this year I will throw a Farrar!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    RichN95 wrote:
    AyQH4LLCIAA3g9r.png

If there are not cows in jerseys this year I will throw a Farrar![/quote]

Lol! completely forgot about him ATC. Who can forget Transitions* very own fight club champ!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    RichN95 wrote:
    AyQH4LLCIAA3g9r.png

If there are not cows in jerseys this year I will throw a Farrar!

I wonder if there is a Donkey called Merckx somewhere that will be wearing all three jerseys at once?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • RichN95.
    I wonder if there is a Donkey called Merckx somewhere that will be wearing all three jerseys at once?
    All donkeys are named after Pedro Delgado. You really should know that by now.
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    AyQH4LLCIAA3g9r.png

If there are not cows in jerseys this year I will throw a Farrar![/quote]

Lol! completely forgot about him ATC. Who can forget Transitions* very own fight club champ!

I go past a rather fusty looking opticians on my way to and from work everyday and they still have a poster of Tyler Transitions Boy Farrar in the window. I giggle a little inside every time. 8)
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    the list goes on

And some of this...

tour-de-france-farmers.jpg

Always quality roadside tat at the Tdf :D
  • Richmond Racer
    yes, my stack of Bic biros, key rings, sun hats and laundry gel sachets (WTF?) never seems to get depleted
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    yes, my stack of Bic biros, key rings, sun hats and laundry gel sachets (WTF?) never seems to get depleted

In the Tim Moore book he talks about the caravan scrum for cheese - any cheese in the collection RR?
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962

I could do with some more Nesquik chocolate though...
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Hope the 'Tour de Francis' is back this year on the ITV4 highlights
    The adverts had a slightly perverse pleasure in seeing which made up scenario was involved this time.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily 51m
    Lotto for Tour de France: Bak, van den Broeck, de Clercq, Greipel, Hansen, Henderson, Roelandts, Sieberg, Willems. #TDF
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703

I could do with some more Nesquik chocolate though...

Cloth spectacle cleaner, washing powder, case of vittel, greenhands, scarf, vittel shirts, skoda hat. Had the lot. Best "free stuff" ever was on a corner of Alp d huez. All the trucks stop on the corners. Major free for all.....

:lol:
  • above_the_cows
    When we moved to the Netherlands my mother insisted that I " finally clean my crap out of the boxes in the shed." In doing so found I one of those weird paper hats that are flat and become a hat through a sort of spiral origami thing from when the Tour came past our house on stage 5 of the 1994 edition . We got the day off school for that. Happy days. :D
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Lotto for Tour de France: Bak, van den Broeck, de Clercq, Greipel, Hansen, Henderson, Roelandts, Sieberg, Willems. #TDF

I know it's unlikely, but let's hope van den Broeck doesn't get maillot jaune, as he'll be isolated as soon as the road goes over a 2nd cat climb.
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

I know it's unlikely, but let's hope van den Broeck doesn't get maillot jaune, as he'll be isolated as soon as the road goes over a 2nd cat climb.
    De Clercq can climb. And Bak is no mug.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    Agreed, but that's pretty much it. The rest are bunch engines.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    I have Bak as captain and favorite for the GC.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Saying you want to win the Tour 7 times is a bit naive on his part, bound to get twitter in a pickle.

I'm starting to wonder if Team Sky have a game going. like a sweepstake of how much they can say that tenuously links them to Lance/Doping and not have people realise they re taking the p1ss

I expect Tim Kerrison to rock up to Paris in a Ferrari rocking a pair of these
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUT4zf8GYg6GxxlSUGLjTlwH1GGPQXKJW22E7AD2nOMgFHvKVE
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It's all too exciting!!! :)
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily 1h
    Ivan Basso (ITA / Cannondale) won't ride the Tour de France. #TDF

Hmmm.
  • RoadPainter
    RoadPainter Posts: 375
    LutherB wrote:

In the Tim Moore book he talks about the caravan scrum for cheese - any cheese in the collection RR?

La vache qui rit (sadly departed from caravane) and Cochonou peperami type things have powered several Sunday night rushes to airports!

How come Haribo haven't been mentioned yet (because they never make it home?) Les Madeleines officiel du Tour are also good.

The Le Coq jersey keyrings last year were quite good, I was green short of a full set.

Still haven't managed to get a green or yellow "jersey" - they are few & far between, maybe this year?
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:
    Saying you want to win the Tour 7 times is a bit naive on his part, bound to get twitter in a pickle.

I'm starting to wonder if Team Sky have a game going. like a sweepstake of how much they can say that tenuously links them to Lance/Doping and not have people realise they re taking the p1ss

I expect Tim Kerrison to rock up to Paris in a Ferrari rocking a pair of these
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUT4zf8GYg6GxxlSUGLjTlwH1GGPQXKJW22E7AD2nOMgFHvKVE

Oh god I'd love it if all that were true. I'll even lend Kerrison the specs.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    The Le Coq jersey keyrings last year were quite good, I was green short of a full set.
    Still haven't managed to get a green or yellow "jersey" - they are few & far between, maybe this year?
    Were there yellow and white keyrings too?

I don't remember seeing green 'jerseys' and only a few yellow ones, but nearly everyone else except me seemed to be thrown a polka dot 'jersey'. Even though they are only a flimsy material, the sort of thing you could later use for separating curds and whey, I started to feel really left out and envious. :x
  • Richmond Racer
    ThomThom wrote:
    I have Bak as captain and favorite for the GC.

And probably a couple of stage wins too? :)
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Can anyone bring me back a couple of goodies please????
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Realistically who can challenge Froomedog? Can we have a top 5 contenders?