Tour de France 2013 - Race Chat

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Centenary TdF silk scarf anyone? Looks a bit of a bargain!

http://www.rapha.cc/la-centime-silk-scarf/
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Bloooody Hell - MIKE SMITH @ Eurosport - Snooker Bloooody Snooker to the Tour FFs - I remember this idiot at the top of Holme Moss during the Wincanton Classic screaming like a women. Poor Sean Kelly being surrounded by these 2 idiots.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    This, is needed

http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/letour ... pid=127326

(along with stripey Breton shirt, and string of oignons)
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    No Harmon is very disappointing. CK is hard work to listen to. Please Eurosport, fix it before the Tour.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Eurosport - Please get this guy on in place of the chuckle brothers Kirby & Smith or watch your ratings tumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D568_-2E2Uo
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Everyone going to the Tour should write HARMON! on the road to show our support!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    is he ill or summit?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Rumour had been knocking around that he wasnt happy with ES and his pay (nor was Kelly, for that matter). Also he's had some...erm...complicated personal stuff going on
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It might be a Matt Keenan Tour for me then.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    This, is needed

http://boutique.letour.fr/stores/letour ... pid=127326

(along with stripey Breton shirt, and string of oignons)

Is that the ultimate TdF fancy dress outfit? Going as a Frenchman!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Carlton Kirby ‏@carltonkirby 17m
    As you're asking: Tour de France on Eurosport is me & Sean Kelly on site, with Mike Smith back in the Paris dungeon. David H returns soon.

'kinell, I know I take the mick out of Rob Hatch's pronounciation but he is the best ES have got by a long way (especially with Harmon's absence).
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Turfle wrote:

Matt Keenan's commentary will go something like this:

"Blah blah blah Porte. Blah, blah, Porte. Porte, blah, Porte, blah blah. The little Australian Richie Porte, blah blah. Porte. Richie Porte. The Australian Richie Porte blah blah." :wink::D

I might have to finally actually use (and improve) my Dutch.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    RichN95 wrote:
    Carlton Kirby ‏@carltonkirby 17m
    As you're asking: Tour de France on Eurosport is me & Sean Kelly on site, with Mike Smith back in the Paris dungeon. David H returns soon.
    "Whaaat! I sorry but that's bolloks, JC"

:lol:

Who was the guy that did the Giro, I think I'd probably give him another spin.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Turfle wrote:

"Blah blah blah Porte. Blah, blah, Porte. Porte, blah, Porte, blah blah. The little Australian Richie Porte, blah blah. Porte. Richie Porte. The Australian Richie Porte blah blah." :wink::D

That's a bit unfair on Keenan. He mentions Evans just as much as Porte (not surprising as he's known Cadel since they were kids).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

That's a bit unfair on Keenan. He mentions Evans just as much as Porte (not surprising as he's known Cadel since they were kids).

He does seem to have a lot of man love for the little Tassie, though, Rich. 'tis natural :wink:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

I'm just going on the recent Dauphine coverage and seeing as Evans wasn't riding it, it was all Porte this and Porte that. And as RR noted at the time and just now he did seem to have a lot of man love for Titchy Richie.

Anyway all this port talk is not good when you have a weakness for a certain alcoholic beverage with the same name (minus an e) and it just reminds you that you have a very good bottle sitting in the kitchen asking to be consumed.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    mroli wrote:
    Anyone know why Cummings isn't on the BMC shortlist?
    Cummings rode the Giro - probably trying to field as many fresh legs as possible, though the likes of Morabito made himself indispensible to Cuddles in the mountains so gets a shot at the Tour.
    Cummings is on the BMC team for the Tour of Austria (coincides with first week of TdF).
    And so too is Mathias Frank!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    So, in the who is going to be team leader* debate. Do we have the following

Sky - Froome (Wiggins rested, Porte a loyal domestique)
    BMC - Evans (TVG not looking so good)
    Movistar - Valverde (Quintana too young, Costa out of favour)

Any other leadership in the balance?

*personally, I think it is possible to have two and see who gets dropped first, but that ruins the debate.
  • RichN95.
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Any other leadership in the balance?
    Cofidis. Is Taaramae or Coppel most likely to sneak unnoticed into that coveted 19th place?
  • Richmond Racer
    Garmin - Hesjedal to be outshone by Talansky or Martin?
  • Turfle
    Europcar?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Saxo - Contador or Rogers?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    Saxo - I think this will be Contador. I suspect this was a cheeky suggestion.
    Europcar - Surely this is Rolland with Voeckler going for some stages?
    Garmin - they all leaders, big love etc. No-one in the top ten.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    FDJ. Bouhanni or Demare
    Blanco. Gesink or Mollema
    OPQS. Cavendish or Meersman :wink:
  • RichN95.
    Orica Greenedge have big leadership issues too.

If you can find a viable leader in their squad, please let them know.
  • Turfle
    OPQS just announced:
    Mark Cavendish, Sylvain Chavanel, Michal Kwiatkowski, Tony Martin, Jerome Pineau, Gert Steegmans, Niki Terpstra, Matteo Trentin, and Peter Velits.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    FJS wrote:
    FDJ. Bouhanni or Demare
    Blanco. Gesink or Mollema
    I heard a rumour that FDJ won't be taking Demare, partly as it's his wish to only do short tours this year, partly as he thinks the route is too hilly for him and maybe next year will suit him more.

It's anyway unlikely FDJ will take both if they hope to get Pinot on the podium, so who goes of the two may be the one who wins the national championship (if either manage that).
  • Richmond Racer
    RichN95 wrote:
    Orica Greenedge have big leadership issues too.

If you can find a viable leader in their squad, please let them know.

But its Go....

Yeah, you're right
  • RichN95.
    FJS wrote:

I know you were joking but Team Cav has been confirmed today: Cavendish, Chavanel, Kwiatkowski, Martin, Pineau, Steegmans, Terpstra, Trentin & P Velits
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Gone through it in my head several times, and really cant see how Froome wont win, other than a crash. He is easily the form cyclist, and the dominant rider of 2013. Not only that but as we saw last year, the TdF climbs are absolutely made for the sky mountain railway train! Infact, I can see him walking it with boring ease to be honest. Would love to see him win on the Ventoux.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....