2014 Transfers

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,197
    Peter Velits is off to BMC (don't know about his brother)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,602
    BMC on a Peter signing roll... Peter Stetina leaving Garmin for BMC...

Both the van Poppel boys are off to Trek
  • dish_dash wrote:

Stetina leaving Garmin seems to have put the cat amongst the pigeons in the Garmin coop. Seems to be a bit of outrage that he should leave for more shekels. Doh.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash wrote:

Stetina leaving Garmin seems to have put the cat amongst the pigeons in the Garmin coop. Seems to be a bit of outrage that he should leave for more shekels. Doh.

Stetina's entire career thus far has been at Garmin/Slipstream right?

Vaughter's has been able to offer a refuge for 'reformed' dopers (who might come cheaper) and a cool team atmosphere, on a tight budget. With arguable fewer 'ex-dopers' around to hire, the young guys need more convincing than it's a cool team. Note that Stetina says he wants to ride le Tour and hang out with Phinney/TJ...
  • dish_dash
    Ten Dam stays at Belkin. Re-signs for another two years. To be given a "free role more often" in GTs...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,112
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    iainf72 wrote:
    No buyer for Euskatel - Team effectively dead
    Heard a rumour that Tinkov might move in, but if he does he'll do a big clear-out so it won't any longer be a Basque team.
  • knedlicky wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    No buyer for Euskatel - Team effectively dead
    Heard a rumour that Tinkov might move in, but if he does he'll do a big clear-out so it won't any longer be a Basque team.

Just when I was hoping the WT was well-rid of Tinkov.... :(
  • RichN95.
    Linus Gerdeman :arrow: MTN-Qhebeka
  • dish_dash
    RichN95 wrote:

Wonder if it will do for his career what moving to MTN did for Ciolek
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Maxime Monfort won't get his contract renewed. Now that's an attractive signing.
  • RichN95.
    ThomThom wrote:
    Maxime Monfort won't get his contract renewed. Now that's an attractive signing.
    Lotto according to rumour.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    RichN95 wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Lotto according to rumour.

Nah, they already have Lars for the 3 GT's.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    dish_dash wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Wonder if it will do for his career what moving to MTN did for Ciolek
    Eitherway, half a loaf is better than none. Gerdemann has spent the whole 2012/2013 season unemployed.

Apparently Klöden's contract isn't to be renewed at Trek (successor to RadioShack) and he might go to IAM.
  • dish_dash
    Curious hint from INRNG's blog yesterday on Chavanel's move: "The destination is not certain but there’s a good chance he’ll be on a Pinarello or a Scott for 2014. He’s likely to move with Jérôme Pineau too."

IAM ride Scott, as do Orica but I can't see them going there. Pinarello teams are Movistar (again unlikely?) and Sky. Are Sky sticking with Pinarello's next year?

Are IAM moving up to WT next year?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I've long thought Chavanel made a load of sense for Sky. He didn't mention them among the teams interested in him, but you never know.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    As pretty much the most visible rider ( breakaways/ leadouts TT excellence) on the TDF this year, he is very probably in demand. how many times has he won the french TT Championships (5 or 6 i thought). would be good for sky if they let him off the leash occasionally (which wouldn't happen!).

short term contact only though as he's a bit old.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Kloden not getting a renewal either.

Pate renews with Sky.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    I can't really see anyone hiring Kloden, at least not a WT team - 38 with a dodgy reputation.

His only hope is to tell USADA that he doped a couple of times in exchange for a six month off-season ban and then Garmin will be contractually obliged to hire him.
  • Het Nieuwsblad reporting Chava and Jerome Pineau to IAM. Also reporting Matthies Frank moving over from BMC.

IAM doing a big press conference tomorrow re their 2014 plans. Got to be stepping up to WT, surely?

dodgy google translation of article
    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cn ... 0_00700628

original
    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cn ... 0_00700628
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,228
    Matt Hayman is leaving Sky to join Orica-Green Edge.
  • andyp wrote:
    Matt Hayman is leaving Sky to join Orica-Green Edge.

One of the least-surprising transfers of the season
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,228
    I think Sky will miss him, he brings a lot of experience to their cobbled classics line up.
  • andyp wrote:
    I think Sky will miss him, he brings a lot of experience to their cobbled classics line up.

He does indeed. But 1) he's 35 - DaveB generally not keen on retaining older riders beyond a certain age, and 2) doubt this went down too well:

http://cycling-news.info/road-cycling-n ... ders/13959
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    andyp wrote:
    you mean Sky's classics campaign could be worse next year :shock:
  • mroli wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    you mean Sky's classics campaign could be worse next year :shock:

Oh stop

:? :)
  • the full monty on the transfers to IAM

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/iam-cyc ... -and-kluge
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    andyp wrote:

Have they made any noises about hiring a proper classics rider yet?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting move for Chavanel. No one`s 2nd at IAM. Perfect for a natural racer with attacking flair. Should be treated with some good performances from him next year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Have they made any noises about hiring a proper classics rider yet?

Langeveld is still the loudest rumour