Giro Stage 12 - Spoilers

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Cav looks like he's just been pulled up from a well..
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    ThomThom wrote:
    Cav looks like he's just been pulled up from a well..

haha he did. Absolutely foul weather
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Praise to the break for almost making it, and praise to Steegmanns too.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Weird how the hate on this forum has switched from cav to wiggins. Probably more to do with the rubbish media coverage quickstep and cav get now meaning he isn't in everyone's face all the time.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Wiggins +3'35"
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Twitter hailing this as win 100
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Weird how the hate on this forum has switched from cav to wiggins. Probably more to do with the rubbish media coverage quickstep and cav get now meaning he isn't in everyone's face all the time.

In fairness CAv isnt the brash tw*tbag he was and wiggins is failing to deliver.
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    Bouhanni up to his old tricks, he's a dangerous mofo
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • Le Commentateur
    edited May 2013
    In fairness CAv isnt the brash tw*tbag he was and wiggins is failing to deliver.

So, to sum up
    Cav = modest winner
    Wiggins = loser
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

Its just a few very vocal individuals. Don't think there is really that much 'hate' when you remove them from the equation.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Cav = formidable
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Right after watching that rancid weather, I'm heading back onto the patio to carry on working... it's already 30 degrees in NC today :)
    *grabs hard hat*
  • Simmotino
    Simmotino Posts: 295
    Graeme_S wrote:
    DQ called that sprint beautifully :roll:

He really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near coverage of the Big 3 again IMO.

Awful, just awful :cry:
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    nic_77 wrote:
    Right after watching that rancid weather, I'm heading back onto the patio to carry on working... it's already 30 degrees in NC today :)
    *grabs hard hat*

30 degrees in Norwich City - that really is a record!

:wink:
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Big effort by Steegermans helped there. Modolo not happy with Bouhanni.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Simmotino wrote:
    He really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near coverage of the Big 3 again IMO.

Awful, just awful :cry:
    I liked the way that he confidently predicted that the break would be caught all day right up until they were literally being caught when he switched to saying they might hold it to the line. I know it was fairly close, but it looked pretty obvious that they'd be overtaken by the sprinters at that point even if they did hold off the rest of the peloton.
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    What a complete disaster this race has turned out to be for Wiggins, such an anti climax, would of been all good to see him involved in a proper GC battle all the way.

He was never right from the start, i hope we get some honest answers as to why.
  • knedlicky
    In the RAI interview with Cavendish the woman interviewer told him it was his 100th victory and even if he already knew that, he acted boyishly happily surpised.

But he must have knew already, bringing that '100' t-shirt on the podium.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Perhaps I'm being naive but people get ill, right?
  • Le Commentateur
    doug5_10 wrote:
    That was quite a body check that Bouhanni gave the Italian rider trying to get on Cav's wheel in the final sprint.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Thats some achievement to reach 100 professional wins - and he'll only be 28 next week. chapeau
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    So, Cav is 100, today.

Bit of elbows between Nacer and Modolo.
    Actually was six of one, half a dozen of the other.
    No Viviani.

RAI making much of Bradley's inability to descend in the wet and little of his illness.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • powerbookboy
    powerbookboy Posts: 241
    What a complete disaster this race has turned out to be for Wiggins, such an anti climax, would have been all good to see him involved in a proper GC battle all the way.

I think it's pretty obvious. He's ill, like a number of others. Who's he roomed with?

The expectation that he was going to walk it was silly anyway, the weather has been foul, he's lost the top end and Nibali's going very well. End of.
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    Cav, what more can you say?

Wouldn't be suprised to see him matching or beating his 6 stage wins from 09 in the tdf this year.
  • Le Commentateur
    Cav being interviwed on after-race show now. Podium girl's lipstick kiss mark still on his left cheek. :)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    doug5_10 wrote:

Check out the overhead. Cav actually caused it, pushing Modolo and Bouhanni towards the barrier.
    Not much ado about nothing much in particular.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited May 2013
    What a complete disaster this race has turned out to be for Wiggins, such an anti climax, would have been all good to see him involved in a proper GC battle all the way.

I think it's pretty obvious. He's ill, like a number of others. Who's he roomed with?

The expectation that he was going to walk it was silly anyway, the weather has been foul, he's lost the top end and Nibali's going very well. End of.

Cataldo got ill since night of the TTT, and was only back to strength by Tue's stage. Knees similar. At least those two, but sounds like more of the team.
  • knedlicky
    Cav being interviwed on after-race show now. Podium girl's lipstick kiss mark still on his left cheek. :)
    He came over very well, didn't he. Lots of weight on the importance of the team and how he just finishes off their work. Boyish charm. No wonder they invited him to come back another time.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

*never had a top end

although he did win a 'sprint' in romandie last year hmm
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Bondurant wrote:
    Perhaps I'm being naive but people get ill, right?

They do. And I'm fairly sure Wiggins is as well. But people also often suddenly get ill when they are having a stinker...