Giro Stage 11 - Spoiler thread

12346»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    You could've spaff'd twice the length of time it took you to type that ...

Oh, wait ...

HE''S PRETENDING TO BE BRITISH ... HE'S NOT YOU!!!

I think I need this explained to me...

OK ... here goes ...

You obviously got fairly excited and spent a fair amount of time more than necessary responding ... Just saying you could have got a bit more out of those minutes ...

Wiggins was born in a country different to that which you strangely hold your sportsman dear ...

Wiggins' achievements have no connection or bearing on your life ... He wouldn't even usher you tnrough if he was trying to sneak a 2-for-1 deal through 10 items or less ...

Basically get a grip (of something else) ...

If you had an IQ that extended into double digits then you too could Google 'Wiggins palmares' and cut and paste it into an Internet forum in just a few seconds. Plus since when did where you are born determine your nationality?
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    My IQ is in tne high 130's thanks ... seems just about passable for an internet forum ...

Bit less posts, bit more anything else on your part methinks ...
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    My IQ is in tne high 130's thanks ... seems just about passable for an internet forum ...

I cut and pasted it in response to your claim that the approach to training and racing adopted by Wiggins yielded "nothing but ridicule".

I don't honestly give a toss where a sportsman who's achievements I admire was born. That Wiggins thrived in the same system I raced in puts a more relatable slant on his achievements.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    iainf72 wrote:
    Wiggins tell Italian TV he's got a cold and chest infection.

Diddums rode his bike in the rain ... everyone else still in the race rode through the same conditions ...

A bit more body fat and a shedload more talent might see him still in contention ...

Sorry 'Wiggo' but being skinny and a bunch of scientists telling you how fast to turn a pedal (and having your Olympic centric boss paying your more talented team mate to pedal slower) earns you nothing but ridicule ...

Come on , they ask him the questions and he answers them , what do you want him to say ?

A shedload more talent ? He can't do anything but maximise what he has and look at what he has won or is that not good enough for you ? I'm not even a big fan but you are been ridiculous
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Crankbrother

I cut and pasted it in response to your claim that the approach to training and racing adopted by Wiggins yielded "nothing but ridicule".

I don't honestly give a toss where a sportsman who's achievements I admire was born. That Wiggins thrived in the same system I raced in puts a more relatable slant on his achievements.

But what if your athletic prowess was as commendable as your typing skills?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Kind of glad I missed the stage, if it was so boring that people have to resort to willy waving on the internet about IQs etc...
  • Crankbrother
    edited May 2013
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Kind of glad I missed the stage, if it was so boring that people have to resort to willy waving on the internet about IQs etc...
    I'd gladly swap a few brain cells for a bigger willy if that helps ... (insert psuedo-comedic punctuation here) ...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    So I take it Wiggins and Nibali finished in the same group? Couldn't find any highlights apart from in Italian and I'm not too great with that...
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    edited May 2013
    Deleted
  • Crankbrother
    Deleted.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Keep it on topic people. Don't make me delve deep into the suitcase of mod tools.
  • plectrum
    plectrum Posts: 225
    Those Garmin boys - truly under-rated - what a team!!!!! :)

Oh the taste of humble pie :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Beautiful scenery on this stage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Paul 8v wrote:
    So I take it Wiggins and Nibali finished in the same group? Couldn't find any highlights apart from in Italian and I'm not too great with that...

English highlights cut out before the group even finished. What the heck?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875