Giro Stage 11 - Spoiler thread

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Squaggles wrote:
    Has Nibali got a coach yet ?

He's surrounded himself with a team ahead of the Giro - including some from Formula 1 (i'm sure I read this somewhere)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Squaggles wrote:

He's surrounded himself with a team ahead of the Giro - including some from Formula 1 (i'm sure I read this somewhere)

Inner Ring covered it on Sunday, I reposted in the F1 thread.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    So Pirazzi going early for the points
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Stunning scenery.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Squaggles wrote:

Inner Ring covered it on Sunday, I reposted in the F1 thread.

Perhaps they are the ones who invented the Power Meter scrambler? :lol:
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Most likely - Although Cadel did 'meet' with Ferrari even if most people do seem to give him a pass for it.

Because it was nothing. Lemond "met" Ferrari too. Evans was ill last year, there is no mystery in his form.

The GT winner is probably Menchov if it's anyone
    Why aren't we talking about Wiggins not being as good since Leideners left? Because it's stupid, that's why.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Amazing pictures. I want to cycle down this road........ :D
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Squaggles wrote:

Yes, Jarno Trulli, and also someone who was/is in Valentino Rossi's team.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    oneof1982 wrote:

me too, but I'd have my hands welded on to my brake levers!!
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 wrote:

Sky should have got Wiggins here in the wet, and squirted fairy liquid down the hill and made him practice. :lol:
  • danlikesbikes
    oneof1982 wrote:

From the magic of google looks like the area has plenty of these types of roads & they were spoilt for choice. Is another climb up to the climb with lots of switchbacks.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Anyone got any good screenshots of the race on the switchbacks at the moment?

Want it as my wallpaper...
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Unrelated to the Giro, but another tool has tested positive for GW1516 - Lampre's Miguel Ubeto Aponte

FFS
  • oneof1982
    Di Luca very nearly squeezed out - literally, between two cars.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Why do they do that? I've seen them doing that time and time again. All races, all riders, all teams, why?
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Unrelated to the Giro, but another tool has tested positive for GW1516 - Lampre's Miguel Ubeto Aponte

FFS

Isn't this GW1516 the most dangerous doping substance you can take; I've heard & read that it gives you a stupidly high chance of getting cancer, pretty much to the extent it's guaranteed you'll get it.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Anyone got an idea why Nibali's bike is white with dark blue forks. The rest of Astana seem to be riding predominantly white bikes. Interesting also that Nibs' bike makes little reference to his wearing the pink jersey...
  • danlikesbikes

FFS

Isn't this GW1516 the most dangerous doping substance you can take; I've heard & read that it gives you a stupidly high chance of getting cancer, pretty much to the extent it's guaranteed you'll get it.

It's not the best thing to be taking but thats the way medical science works, was designed & patented but still untested, this is a pretty good article if your interested - http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/04/the-n ... n-cycling/
  • goonz
    Hardly much commentary about the stage then...not much going on?
  • danlikesbikes
    Long steady downhill & waiting to get to the bottom before the final kick up in the last 7-8k's. Looks like the peloton is not bothered about bringing the breakaway back, either that or they think they will come the final climb but not looking likely with 5'30 to make up.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    edited May 2013
    They're still going downhill!!!! I want to go ride there.... Looks nice and sunny unlike here, windy and rainy :(
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Would like to see Cobo win today.
  • oneof1982
    In case anyone is reading this for info about the stage( :shock: ) Gretsch in lead, G2 at 1'20 and Peleton at 6'06.
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    Definite breakaway day and time to admire the heli-shots. Glasses under helmet straps from Gretsch, tut tut tut!
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • oneof1982
    Navardauskas GRS and Oss BMC blow G2 apart.
  • goonz
    doug5_10 wrote:
    Definite breakaway day and time to admire the heli-shots. Glasses under helmet straps from Gretsch, tut tut tut!

Amateur!
  • goonz
    oneof1982 wrote:
    In case anyone is reading this for info about the stage( :shock: ) Gretsch in lead, G2 at 1'20 and peloton at 6'06.

Im reading this for the inevitable Evans testing positive story...
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    I went to the Vajont dam for a fieldtrip when studying geophysics. It's a spectacular place and scene of a major disaster. In the 60s a huge landslide slid into the lake behind the dam sending a 250 metre high wall of water over the top of the dam and down onto the valley floor, destroying the local villages, and killing about 2500 people.

08_12+Vajont+dam.jpg

The dam somehow wasn't destroyed and you can actually walk across the top. There are some big cracks in it though, which is unnerving. I thought some of you may be interested.
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    goonz wrote:
    doug5_10 wrote:

Amateur!

Setting such a bad example to all those noobs obscuring their eyewear product placement :wink:
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    goonz wrote:
    doug5_10 wrote:

Amateur!

Must be why he's struggling to stay with Navardauskas and Oss :lol: