Giro Stage 6 - Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    phreak wrote:
    Wiggins seems to be badly placed a lot in this first week. Is it bad luck or bad riding?
    Bad luck in this case - he was coming back from the cars after a mechanical.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Straight to the front, where they should be.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Grumpy, grumpy Sky..
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    What do we reckon? Bound to be another crash before the end of the stage?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    Are Sky helping out the sprinters' teams to say thank you for waiting, or am I seeing too much love in the world?
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    smithy21 wrote:
    What do we reckon? Bound to be another crash before the end of the stage?

There is a 90 degree left about 2 - 3 kms before the finish and a little right left kink in the road quite near to where the crash happened I think (not 100% sure on that) so quite possible
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • thomthom
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Are Sky helping out the sprinters' teams to say thank you for waiting, or am I seeing too much love in the world?

The latter.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    phreak wrote:
    Wiggins seems to be badly placed a lot in this first week. Is it bad luck or bad riding?

Bad Luck today - Having said that - the last time I saw him consistently badly positioned was the somewhat infamous 2010 tour. I'm a little concerned to be honest, I wouldnt be betting much on him at the mo. Lets wait until the TT though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    I've just come in and can't put the sound on - I see Sky at the front (mass front), which team is that on the far side (on the right if looked at head on), is that Cav's team?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Just love these Italian town circuits. :roll:
    Getting rid of them was one thing Zomegnan got right.
    Now, they are back and with them, the crash lottery.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    ddraver wrote:
    Cav and Wiggo's friendship is over....

Why do you say that?
  • ddraver
    Sky, OPQS, FDJ and occasionaly Katusha have been on the front. Bit more active now though
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:
    Cav and Wiggo's friendship is over....

Why do you say that?

OPQS looked like they were driving it on while Sky were chasing. It was nt actually true, but hell let's not let reality get in the way of a good Cyclismas headline...

Seriously who cares whats in Magic Spray. It's magic ice and fairy dust, that's all we need to know!
    - @ddraver
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Where's Cavendish? just like yesterday I can't pick him out. Grrrrr.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    ddraver wrote:
    phreak wrote:

Bad Luck today - Having said that - the last time I saw him consistently badly positioned was the somewhat infamous 2010 tour. I'm a little concerned to be honest, I wouldnt be betting much on him at the mo. Lets wait until the TT though...

I dont recall Sky being that great positionally in the first week of the Tour last year either. Was there not a stage where Wiggins gently rolled into a crash and got credited with the same time as the leaders at the finish (or am I imagining that?)
  • danlikesbikes
    Brad going right up to the front now, keeping it safe
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    the further you are in the bunch the less energy you expand, so maybe this is a MarginalGain tactic with a degree of risk ??
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Everybody wants to be at the front...
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Any second now!!
  • thomthom
    edited May 2013
    I have never seen Sky this bad at keeping Wiggins safe from the wind. They are all over the place.

Was riding alone in front for the 3rd time in 10 minutes.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    The presence of those orange jerseys so near the front must be making everyone else very nervous....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • inkyfingers
    ThomThom wrote:
    I have never seen Sky this bad at keeping Wiggins safe. They are all over the place.

To be fair, it's bloody chaotic. This is where HTC were good, they kept it nice and lined out and relatively safe.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • danlikesbikes
    edited May 2013
    ThomThom wrote:
    I have never seen Sky this bad at keeping Wiggins safe from the wind. They are all over the place.

Make that a 4th time!

FWIW looks a bit allover the place & he appears to be going through any gap to keep himself safe, rather than wait for the team to take him up to the front.
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:

Make that a 4th time!

Exactly.
  • thomthom
    Doesn't trust his team at all it seems.
  • inkyfingers
    ThomThom wrote:

Make that a 4th time!

He's been watching the video of his Romandie sprint win again :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    WTF?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    edited May 2013
    Whats Italian for bugger ooofffff

Good move from the VCS rider, Wiggo was nt exactly pushing on much....
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    Brad keeping himself safe and also doing a bit of willy waving.
  • inkyfingers
    Possibly the most pointless attack in the history of pointless attacks.