Giro Stage 6 - Spoiler Thread

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Twitter update is that OPQS are concerned & riding on the front of the peloton and bringing the gap down.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Just as an update its an Aus breakaway with Bobridge (Blanco) and Wurf (Cannondale) gap at 3"00 and climbing.

They are so sure it's going to be a sprint that nobody could be bothered to get into the break!

FWIW there was a break prior to the 2 Aussies getting away but the peloton brought it back. But safe to say that as the stage has been described as pancake flat or fried egg with a little bum in the middle guess the sprinters teams are not that worried and will try to get it under control and all back together for lead out duties.

Hehe, you said bum.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • danlikesbikes
    edited May 2013
    OK I don't normally moan about the ES commentators but am not in the best mood today;

1) The 2 corners in yesterdays crashes were 90 degree turns so can hardly be called a hairpin bend
    2) When discussing the sprinters who might win today please do not mention Peter Sagan as even I know he is not riding this race (& I freely admit that my knowledge of which riders are where is V limited)

Off to get a double espresso & hopefully that will cheer me up
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I fancy Bouhanni for today, I think he's really hungry for a Giro stage...either that or he'll punch someone's lights out.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Why on earth is Cav wasting energy on the TV sprint?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    afx237vi wrote:
    Why on earth is Cav wasting energy on the TV sprint?

Perhaps he's bored?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Does this TV company not believe in time splits?
  • danlikesbikes
    edited May 2013
    Think they are having a few issues as posted the gap was 2'00, 2'30 & 3'00 all within about a minute of each other, though looks like the posted 2'22 is correct.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Where the heck are those three riders going?
  • danlikesbikes
    Paul 8v wrote:

They have just turned around too to get back to the feed station
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    do they have points for the TV sprints?? either that or the cash and cos he can
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Paul 8v wrote:

Just fans.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    edhornby wrote:

If you mean the intermediate sprints then yes they do, not sure what tv sprints are...
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • binkybike
    binkybike Posts: 104
    goonz wrote:
    edhornby wrote:

If you mean the intermediate sprints then yes they do, not sure what tv sprints are...

doesn't Traguardo Volante mean intermediate sprint?? that's what i assumed, despite having a Sicilian brother in law my italian is rubs
  • danlikesbikes
    goonz wrote:
    edhornby wrote:

Think its what they call the intermediate sprints competition = Traguardo Volante meaning flying sprint
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited May 2013
    Deleted
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    fiddlesticks - just missed Kelly's response as to teh DS comparable to Ferguson - who did he say?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • danlikesbikes
    Motorbike crash, thankfully the cyclist behind it was able to stop and get around it
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Fixing potholes on the finish line. While the race is being ridden. Only the Giro could be this utterly insane.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Fixing potholes on the finish line. While the race is being ridden. Only the Giro could be this utterly insane.

Welcome to Italy.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    So, some folks here prefer today's fare to yesterday's. Really?
    Total siesta.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Liking Bobridge's Giant...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    I am being very productive during this stage. I've read two journal articles and made some revisions to a paper with Sporza on in the background. Sprint stages are good for my output. :D

That or being forced to work from home for hemelvaart means I don't get disturbed.
  • mrpowly
    mrpowly Posts: 16
    I'm doing exactly the same!
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    I'm translating a website into Italian..
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    I'm writing a training course on derivatives algo trading.

Not having a TV in the office helps, mind ;)
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    FWIW there was a break prior to the 2 Aussies getting away but the peloton brought it back. But safe to say that as the stage has been described as pancake flat or fried egg with a little bum in the middle guess the sprinters teams are not that worried and will try to get it under control and all back together for lead out duties.

Hehe, you said bum.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Hehe, you said bum.
  • above_the_cows
    chrisday wrote:
    I'm writing a training course on derivatives algo trading.

Not having a TV in the office helps, mind ;)

I'm at home with a sodding great flatscreen, but I do have my back to it. I am resisting finding an ES feed online. 8)
  • danlikesbikes
    Wells thats it all back together now & Wurf can get rid of those bidon's he has been carrying for the last few kms.

question is will anyone attack off the front, well guess they will just a question of who if the peloton starts to soft pedal it.