Critérium International 2013 - May contain spoilers

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Rebecca Love ‏@bex_love
    I'm sorry, but if you just watched that at Criterium International and think Sky are boring you can bite me.
    That...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Fleur ‏@vamosalberto
    @festinagirl thought solo attacks weren't possible anymore? Or what was Brailsford saying?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Fleur ‏@vamosalberto
    @festinagirl thought solo attacks weren't possible anymore? Or what was Brailsford saying?
    Festina Girl - The voice of reason
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    We all know FF prefers real dopers to possible dopers.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    if they attack and win with 'panache' they are suspicious? I guess they can win but can't win!

I think if $ky were not UK based then we'll be a lot more suspicious on here. 25 years of following racing and I have never seen a Team do what $ky are doing now. More freaky than the weather! :shock:

Can $ky just have a rest! They don't have to win everything. I'm sure Murdock must be happy enough for a break and normal service to be resumed; at least for a few weeks.

Jerry, dont worry, Wiggins finished 5th at Calalunya today. Knocked down from 4th to 5th by the foul Scarponi.

I think he's the only rider in that Team who is doing things in a realistic way; getting the miles in and improving towards his main goal. The rest of the Team are in Telly Tubby land. The other Teams must be wondering when it's going to be their turn to get a slice of the cake.
    I don't mind Teams being naughty so much if they made it look believable. Just wish Sky would have a week off.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • frenchfighter
    inseine wrote:
    We all know FF prefers real dopers to possible dopers.

Would you like a better quality res for your avatar?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine

Deep down , your such a nice guy! That would be very kind of you sir.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Cuddles 14:56 down today.

Eeeeek...
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    Nice conversation with Froomey and AG2R guy. "If you're not going to work then "F" off".

That was funny as fk 8)
  • frenchfighter
    inseine wrote:

Deep down , your such a nice guy! That would be very kind of you sir.

Here you go:
    3504531272_20332b7b53_o_zps8bc607f6.jpg

It's a good kit - I have the full replica kit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    Porte be a little miffed that his team mate attacked/beat him or is its all fair?
    Rich
  • ddraver
    Suspect it was planned...or at least sort of understood
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    RichA wrote:
    Porte be a little miffed that his team mate attacked/beat him or is its all fair?

In almost every other team, they would ride for the leader unless he got in difficulty and someone else had the legs to try and keep the jersey in the team.

Michelle Cound ‏@michellecound 1h
    All went to plan :)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Like TJ did for Evans you mean..?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Watching the Highlights on ES, Kiryenka looks like he's crying! Heavyweight Perfromance!
    - @ddraver
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Come now, at the beginning of the season they plan their strategy about the approach to various races.
    You people (& I) call it boring but last year they wanted, needed, had designs on the TDF and set the plan to form a team to achieve their target by practicing a formula.
    The Olympics have gone and this year they set the targets and in their long term view about who they would hope to win which races.

Elsewhere I picked Froome to win the C.I. and this morning I picked him for the stage also.
    Porte showed his class by abiding with the plan and then climbing better than the others for second place and having made sure he brought nobody with him.

Not a boring race methinks.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • ddraver
    You can hardly call Froomes "attack" an attack, Porte just lets a gap open and then Froome goes...
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    look at that! Ta FF.
    Now about this SKY problem of yours........... :wink:
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Nice conversation with Froomey and AG2R guy. "If you're not going to work then "F" off".

That was funny as fk 8)
    Ah, it's not original as my mate was told that at a race at Barnsfield Heath when he got in a break with some big cheeses. Ah, the memories... I can hear the pine cones pinging off the bike wheels... :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwyNBH-T6NQ
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    It works and credit for that to Sky. But christ almighty it's boring.

I'm glad we've had some brilliant one-day races. Yet again they are miles better than mountain stages - but that can hardly be a surprise for anyone anynire, eh.
  • frenchfighter
    Your man keeping a low profile?
    100411ispa_0165_600.jpg
    Is he going to have the goods when it counts?
    Lars-Bak_zps989f7650.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited March 2013
    Lars is in top shape. I can see him end up in a top 5 in P-R this year. Genuinely! Showed a lot of courage in MSR.

Can I nick that picture, FF? great quality!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Canc has PR in the bag.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    ThomThom wrote:

I'm glad we've had some brilliant one-day races. Yet again they are miles better than mountain stages - but that can hardly be a surprise for anyone anynire, eh.

Did you actually watch today? I can understand people saying the usual train is boring but today was nothing like that. one domestique riding hard but then a team leader attacking 5km from the summit and their number 2 then blasting the remainder. It's hardly their fault no-one else was good enough to make a race of it.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    if they attack and win with 'panache' they are suspicious? I guess they can win but can't win!

I think if $ky were not UK based then we'll be a lot more suspicious on here. 25 years of following racing and I have never seen a Team do what $ky are doing now. More freaky than the weather! :shock:

Can $ky just have a rest! They don't have to win everything. I'm sure Murdock must be happy enough for a break and normal service to be resumed; at least for a few weeks.

Sky don't win everything, 1 out of 3 today.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • jerry3571
    Pross wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

Did you actually watch today? I can understand people saying the usual train is boring but today was nothing like that. one domestique riding hard but then a team leader attacking 5km from the summit and their number 2 then blasting the remainder. It's hardly their fault no-one else was good enough to make a race of it.

I read that piece in the voice of an elderly Australian media baron. It seems to fit nicely.

Suprised how AG Deux R are going though. :D

-Jacques Anquetil
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    ddraver wrote:
    Watching the Highlights on ES, Kiryenka looks like he's crying! Heavyweight Perfromance!

I think he had taken his false teeth out to increase the volume of air into his mouth
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    I think the UKpostals are doing it clean but I think its not unfair on anyone being suspicious given how they have transformed riders. You have to at the very least keep the question to hand. The sport simply has not earnt the respect yet.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    Check out JTL's legs. Can't wait for these to be used in anger.

zandio-dombrowski-tiernan-locke-criterium-international_2920073.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Just a quick question- if you race in a black kit with a blue stripe on it you arouse suspicion if you win yet if you consistently beat or place highly in high quality fields wearing a lime green kit you get a pass?