• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    How far back is Fenton on GC?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    edited March 2013
    LoL, Froome rides off the front, looks around and see the gap, turns around and keeps going.

Good tactics, he points out a 10 euro note on the road to Peraud who looks down, at that he attacks.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Good attack by Froome and seemingly good Sky tactics. Attacking enough for you Frenchie?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Only now does TJ start to go. Porte on the wheel, Talansky on the wheel. They should have started that a long time ago.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I give it another 1.5km before he blows up as usual.
  • Pross
    ddraver wrote:

2 seconds I think.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    edited March 2013
    Nice conversation with Froomey and AG2R guy. "If you're not going to work then "F" off".
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    ddraver wrote:
    Only a coupe of seconds I think.
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:
    Good attack by Froome and seemingly good Sky tactics. Attacking enough for you Frenchie?

Did you see what happened? Peraud bridged then Froome was unhappy so attacked like he was on the flat. Now has close on 30secs and counting. Not seen an attack that hard for about 5 years. Froome has come a long way since I was watching him struggle in Barloworld colours.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Actually it looks like TJ has nothing left to chase with so Froome is looking good for the win.
  • frenchfighter
    Switched commentary back to GW. Had enough of these commentators talking about Sky for 80% of coverage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Gap at 50secs. 2km to race. I think Froome might get orders to slow down in his earpiece...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Now Porte drops TJ...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Porte teaching Teejay some lessons!
  • ddraver
    Oh the twaliban are rubbing their hands together now...
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Porte now bridges to the four in between and immediately drops them...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ed_tron
    Ed_tron Posts: 23
    Porte drilling it. COuld Sky get 1 and 2 overall? Exciting
  • Pross
    Twitter will be going nuts and Richmond Racer will be going into full defensive mode shortly! :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    Emotions are at 0 level right here.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    @michellecound getting a little excited.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jerry3571
    Porte likes his yellow jersey. Ah well, Hmmm..?? 3 leaders in $ky now. ;)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Panache squared.
  • Pross

Why? That's exactly the sort of riding you are always demanding. I'd have thought you would have loved it :?
  • ddraver
    Wrong jersey...
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:

Why? That's exactly the sort of riding you are always demanding. I'd have thought you would have loved it :?

I don't know why my race meter was at zero; it's not very high right now in GW. Kiriyenka blew away 90% of the peloton. Then Froome crushes some really good guys. Then Porte crushes the rest. Guys who are top 10 GC riders. What more do you want me to say.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    So if they ride the train until the finish they are boring, if they attack and win with 'panache' they are suspicious? I guess they can win but can't win!
  • jerry3571
    Pross wrote:
    if they attack and win with 'panache' they are suspicious? I guess they can win but can't win!

I think if $ky were not UK based then we'll be a lot more suspicious on here. 25 years of following racing and I have never seen a Team do what $ky are doing now. More freaky than the weather! :shock:

Can $ky just have a rest! They don't have to win everything. I'm sure Murdock must be happy enough for a break and normal service to be resumed; at least for a few weeks.

-Jacques Anquetil
  • Pross
    I can agree that today looked a bit dodgy but nothing else this season has been overly special, they've blown a couple of races. Even today there were no really top notch climbers just good GC climbers. The point is whatever they do, if they win someone jumps on it whether it's because it's dodgy or boring.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Pross wrote:
    Twitter will be going nuts and Richmond Racer will be going into full defensive mode shortly! :shock:

Watch it, cheeky Pross. I'm fairly mellow today :)

Tomorrow could be another story :|
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    if they attack and win with 'panache' they are suspicious? I guess they can win but can't win!

I think if $ky were not UK based then we'll be a lot more suspicious on here. 25 years of following racing and I have never seen a Team do what $ky are doing now. More freaky than the weather! :shock:

Can $ky just have a rest! They don't have to win everything. I'm sure Murdock must be happy enough for a break and normal service to be resumed; at least for a few weeks.

Jerry, dont worry, Wiggins finished 5th at Calalunya today. Knocked down from 4th to 5th by the foul Scarponi.