Lifestyles of the rich and vulgar

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Lagrange wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    I can maintain my lifestyle without having to go to work or rely on a pension.

That is because you are dead and in a cemetary.

:D:D :roll:

?

Fortunately one had the foresight to have retained the services of a ghost writer :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    This is getting to sound like the Python sketch..... We I have nice bikes, but I don't smoke, managed to get through about ont bottle of premium vodka a year, dont have anything but free to ait Tv. and have never done drugs.... And the flip side is the oils who all seem to have a sky dish, go down the pub most nights, spend loads of child benefit on fags and drugs, and then call others who don't maintain their lifestyles on handouts "rich and vulgar"
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    team47b wrote:
    Lagrange wrote:
    team47b wrote:

?

Fortunately one had the foresight to have retained the services of a ghost writer :D

..which was not needed because, in common with the period when you were 'alive' (bioligically that is - no one pays attention to you.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    This is getting to sound like the Python sketch..... We I have nice bikes, but I don't smoke, managed to get through about ont bottle of premium vodka a year, dont have anything but free to ait Tv. and have never done drugs.... And the flip side is the oils who all seem to have a sky dish, go down the pub most nights, spend loads of child benefit on fags and drugs, and then call others who don't maintain their lifestyles on handouts "rich and vulgar"

They have Sky tv in Doha? - Must be a different type of TV.
  • daviesee wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    I hardly ever fly
    I live in a flat
    I dont have a car
    I dont have pay TV
    I dont drink
    I shop online for bargains

Put yours into perspective at all?
    And 90% of the worlds population would be envious of that. Perspective? :wink:

That ******* "like" button is needed again!

I'm guessing this thread was prompted by Mr "considerably richer than you" Student Housing Slum Landlord's thread yesterday which, I suspect, didn't quite get the response he was hoping for.

what thread is this, you speak of?

am i correct in thinking whoosh?
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    daviesee wrote:
    Let's see.......
    I use a Colnago instead of a Ribble.
    I use Campagnolo over Shimano.
    I use Rapha over Lidl.
    I use Mac over PC.
    I use a Nikon DSLR over a P&S.
    I use a proper HiFi over anything available at a general shop.
    My cheapest pair of shoes were over £100, and that was sales price.

I may not be rich, and now I can see why :wink: , but I am sure some will consider some of the above to be vulgar.

You use rapha? :lol:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Gabbo wrote:
    You use rapha? :lol:
    And Assos, and Castelli but knew which one would bring the response. :wink:
    I thought the whole point of this thread was to see who would put their head above the parapet knowing they would be shot down. Bring it on. :lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I have 3 C59s if that counts ? 1 manual, 1 electric and 1 because I liked the colour........ and they all have Shimano groupsets.

Oh and I have 2 SRMs, 1 of which stays permanently on the turbo trainer because I wasn't going to move a chainset from the road bike to the turbo bike.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    What's rich and vulgar about that, seems perfectly reasonable.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    I am rich because I am not hungry, nor cold and I have the love of my family.
    I am vulgar because I break wind whenever the need arises and frequently use profane language.

I am truly blessed.

So you can all feck off.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Lagrange wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Lagrange wrote:
    team47b wrote:

?

..which was not needed because, in common with the period when you were 'alive' (bioligically that is - no one pays attention to you.

clearly :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Lucan2 wrote:
    I am vulgar because I break wind whenever the need arises and frequently use profane language.

I am truly blessed.

So you can all feck off.

Quote of the thread :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    VTech wrote:
    Lucan2 wrote:

I am truly blessed.

So you can all feck off.

I'm only here 'cos I've sneaked past the "doormen" but got to agree with VTech Great post Lucan2. 8)

Now, how do I get out of here before I'm spotted by the rich b@st@rds. :?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    vulg.jpg
    Living MY dream.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    VTech wrote:
    Lucan2 wrote:

I am truly blessed.

So you can all feck off.

I'm only here 'cos I've sneaked past the "doormen" but got to agree with VTech Great post Lucan2. 8)

Now, how do I get out of here before I'm spotted by the rich b@st@rds. :?

Grab a tray and pretend your one of the staff then slip out the tradesman's entrance
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Friday is jam donut day at the office............ I've had three !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    MattC59 wrote:

Bring on the guilt. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    MattC59 wrote:

Had a bacon and egg sarnie for breakfast too :D

I did an hour of Sufferfest last night though, so I don't feel too guilty about it.
    (To be honest, even with out the sufferfest, I wouldn't have felt guilty :lol: )
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Had a bacon and egg sarnie for breakfast too :D

I did an hour of Sufferfest last night though, so I don't feel too guilty about it.
    (To be honest, even with out the sufferfest, I wouldn't have felt guilty :lol: )

I had chips and mayo after my salad at lunch today. :oops:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    I would reply to this but the Ferrari got stuck in the snow whilst I was taking a delivery of French truffles from Alsace on the way back from the vintners where I ordered 12 dozen bottles of Nuit St George at a bargain base ment price of £38 a bottle. The chaps are coming over by helicopter from the City later. We are having a quiet bash - drop of caviar and 200 year old Cognac to wash the truffles down. Spot of billiards later and maybe a Cuban cigar or two...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Cuban cigars and Cognac, now you are talking!!

Bit of a weakness... Claret, too...
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    If I had the money to be rich and vulgar I'd have my sperm gold plated.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • VTech
    I would reply to this but the Ferrari got stuck in the snow whilst I was taking a delivery of French truffles from Alsace on the way back from the vintners where I ordered 12 dozen bottles of Nuit St George at a bargain base ment price of £38 a bottle. The chaps are coming over by helicopter from the City later. We are having a quiet bash - drop of caviar and 200 year old Cognac to wash the truffles down. Spot of billiards later and maybe a Cuban cigar or two...

Thats pure fekin filth (best Mrs brown voice)

On a lighter note, im having roti canai and cheese for breakfast washed down with teh tarik.
    Trust me, its definately vulgar :oops:
    Living MY dream.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    It's all relative.

Having seen Russian's and talented chimps on holiday from the premiershit would suggest there is someway for someone to travel.

However having seen ex pats abroad makes you want to heave as well.

I saw the richest man alive a few months ago on tv. He was a hairy arsed farmer with an expectant wife and a swarm of older children and said he had the perfect life. The farm and location so just so beautiful as well.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I have a suit and not one, not two, but three ties! My favourite tie has elephants on it. 8)
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    johnfinch wrote:
    I have a suit and not one, not two, but three ties! My favourite tie has elephants on it. 8)
    Must be difficult to get the creases out?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • VTech
    I'm going to space which although quite vulgar isn't enough so to be COMPLETELY vulgar I'm willing to buy shutuplegs a one way ticket :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Scrumple
    VTech wrote:
    I'm going to space which although quite vulgar isn't enough so to be COMPLETELY vulgar I'm willing to buy shutuplegs a one way ticket :)

Yep, you can be surprised how far a bike sail will blow you... What with these high winds of late... :shock:
  • VTech
    Scrumple wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Yep, you can be surprised how far a bike sail will blow you... What with these high winds of late... :shock:

Well I like it :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • Scrumple
    But will the martians, when you land?

:oops: