Is Oscar Pistorius getting unfair press ?

1234568»

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Paulie W wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    The test asks questions about how you view yourself in leadership roles but that has little to do with the trait which is about having an inflated view of your own worth, lack of empathy for others, etc. Generally, Narcissists make poor leaders because they have little interest in those they are leading.

I don't think thats truly the case.
    If empathy was a priority my score would be zero so how does that work ?

I can't comment on how good the test is but lack of empathy IS a defining trait of Narcissism as a personality disorder.

Again, a misunderstanding of what I wrote. I have empathy, in fact to a point where it gets me into argon on this forum countless times but I feel better for having it and finding the same 4-5 enemies here than not having it and hating myself.
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    No you don't display empathy on the forum. You dis play a desire to appear empathetic, whilst managing just to talk about yourself. You seem to be your favourite subject which must be almost as dull for you as for anyone else. Unsurprisingly you conflate delusions with reality, since narcissism is a delusional psychopathy.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Did I tell you I fell off my bike?
  • VTech wrote:
    Again, a misunderstanding of what I wrote. I have empathy, in fact to a point where it gets me into argon on this forum countless times but I feel better for having it and finding the same 4-5 enemies here than not having it and hating myself.

"4-5"??? Make that - "everyone".

"enemies" hmm. Mr Freud? what do you make of this? A childhood scar still running deep? An arrested development at around, say 12-13 - almost certainly. A persecution complex? Seeing the world in an adversarial, black and white way?

Not sure I am enjoying this anymore. As a case study - fascinating. Now we know this is an actual human being and not a comic construct, I'm veering strongly towards the notion that this fellow needs help, not further abuse.
  • VTech
    I may in fact be ill. Maybe abused as a child. Maybe psychotic or maybe a troll.
    I may be a bully. I may be a great human I may do things just to get attention. I may only help people just so others think I'm good. I may hurt people but keep it quiet so others don't know.

I may be the devil.
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    You may be a lot of things but you are definitely a tw@
  • look mate, whatever - this is just a stupid forum for people that might sometimes like cycling. My limited experience suggests that it's very easy to get the wrong end of the stick and when you meet face to face, you see the real person. I'm inclined to liking my fellow human if I possibly can so, whatever bollocks has been said before and in the present, I wish you well and hope you are happy. We may disagree fundamentally on many things but you've done well for yourself and if that gives you some peace of mind then - amen. There are many here who have middle class virtues that seek to judge you from that lofty position. If you like fast cars and the like - fine. No hard feelings. Bye.
  • VTech
    nathancom wrote:

Thank you so much for realising.

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech - thanks for PM. appreciated. Sent you one but stuck on Outbox. Ciao.
  • VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble
    Elsewhere on this site you claim not to be wealthy, rich, well off call it what you will. I can't be @rsed to find find the post and I don't really care, however, are you wealthy or are you a liar?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble
    Elsewhere on this site you claim not to be wealthy, rich, well off call it what you will. I can't be @rsed to find find the post and I don't really care, however, are you wealthy or are you a liar?

I'm rich beyond belief.

Three kids all of whom kiss and hug me each evening and each morning and a wife who tolerates me.

Financially, I don't lose sleep worrying if the bailiffs will knock the door down in the morning and take the tv.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble

I'm rich beyond belief.

Three kids all of whom kiss and hug me each evening and each morning and a wife who tolerates me.

Financially, I don't lose sleep worrying if the bailiffs will knock the door down in the morning and take the tv.
    Glad to hear it, I too won the lottery of life being born in Britain in 1961.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble

I'm rich beyond belief.

Glad to hear it, I too won the lottery of life being born in Britain in 1961.

Amen !

Obviously I have rub a couple of people up the wrong way but it wasn't intentional.
    I think we are lucky in the UK.
    I don't think anyone here knows or at least needs to n ow true poverty.
    I think people should work if able.
    I don't think people should be afforded a free lifestyle unnecessarily.
    I don't think people should be judged by the likes of me and us until after a court process.
    I don't think Mrs thatcher was evil, she did her job with vigour.
    I like the royal family, they earn our county a fortune and cost us nothing.
    I try to look for good in people rather than bad.
    I am massively OCD which I can live with.
    I struggle to stop until I've completed what I set out to do.
    I like to cycle.
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble

Believe it or not, it was page 9 of this thread, so he's a liar as well as everything else that's been mentioned. That doesn't surprise me though.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • VTech
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble

Believe it or not, it was page 9 of this thread, so he's a liar as well as everything else that's been mentioned. That doesn't surprise me though.

I was trying to be shy with my answer above. That doesn't make it a lie.
    I'm absolutely fekin loaded. Have a massive house. A clear of supercars. Loads of watches, paintings, other bits of cr4p that took my fancy over the years and love it.

So now your going to post a negative to my words above. The reality is that I expect it from you. I'm not upset by it. It's like the sun to me, I know it's going to repeat, every day. Just like you.
    Living MY dream.
  • try to remember:

- this is the internet
    - this is a faceless forum of relative unknowns
    - there is no concept of that most vital of social cognitions: body language
    - some of you can portray our true personality in words better than others
    - give some slack and try and exercise understanding

this is the wisdom that 4 cans of San Miguel bequeaths to me.

Peace x
  • MattC59
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble

I'm absolutely fekin loaded. Have a massive house. A clear of supercars. Loads of watches, paintings, other bits of cr4p that took my fancy over the years and love it.

So now your going to post a negative to my words above. The reality is that I expect it from you. I'm not upset by it. It's like the sun to me, I know it's going to repeat, every day. Just like you.

It wasn't intended to upset you. I was just pointing out the answer to Franks question.
    Ps. You've clearly missed the irony in your answer.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    So, back to Pistorius.............

Anyone that shoots their girlfriend is going to get some negative press, can't see how he could possibly avoid it (without shooting her in the first place, of course.....)
  • VTech
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble

It wasn't intended to upset you. I was just pointing out the answer to Franks question.

No sir, my answer was irony personified.
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Talented
    Wealthy
    Awesome
    Trouble

No sir, my answer was irony personified.

Oh you poor deluded thing.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    So, back to Pistorius.............

Anyone that shoots their girlfriend is going to get some negative press, can't see how he could possibly avoid it (without shooting her in the first place, of course.....)

I lived over there and whilst its true, there is a certain lack of respect for life, esp with black on black crime, so maybe he did fear for his life but he shot his girl friend without, at best any regard for any ones safety, took no precautions before shooting away at who knows what? maybe youngsters out mucking about? burglars that lock them selves in toilets tend not to be the butchering type he says he was fearful of.

Pretorius may no longer poses a threat to Reeva but he does to anyone else he might be frightened of and for that reason he should be charged with either manslaughter or murder, don't see how anyone on those charges where ever they live or who they are can be given bail.

Not sure why you have sympathy for him vtech, maybe a fellow sociopath?

On the other hand, he has good taste in women, now dating 19yo student :)
  • VTech
    Are you guys crazy ?
    I have no sympathy for him. When have I said that ?
    We have a legal system as do the Africans and we should adhere to that law.
    Innocent until proven guilty and all that ehh !
    We can't be judge and jury without the relevant information and cases need to be dealt with accordingly.

He is getting unfair treatment. The fact that he almost certainly guilty isn't the issue.
    Living MY dream.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    VTech wrote:
    Are you guys crazy ?
    I have no sympathy for him. When have I said that ?
    We have a legal system as do the Africans and we should adhere to that law.
    Innocent until proven guilty and all that ehh !
    We can't be judge and jury without the relevant information and cases need to be dealt with accordingly.

He is getting unfair treatment. The fact that he almost certainly guilty isn't the issue.

True
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Gentlemen,

I have read most of this thread and frankly am surprised at how things have reduced to a slangy match of words between Vtec and others. The is an internet forum , just zeros and ones not real life!

I'm not taking sides, but this has gone on far too long now.

I suggest you all get out on your bikes and reflect upon your words.

Any more quotes etc. attacking Vtec or Vice Versa and the members will receive a ban, if you don't like him then put him on your ignore list and similarly if someone irritates you Vtec then put him on your ignore list.

Seriously not another word against each other and I shall be watching.

I'm locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.