Is Oscar Pistorius getting unfair press ?

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    are you stalking Vtech?, don't worry this time looks like he aint spotted you, what is he staring at?
    ahh his planes come in to land
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • It gets better and better, is his first language English?
    Wallowing away the time!!! Think you'll find it's while away
    Then he tells me I'm talking 'gar bade' what the hell is he on, another planet maybe?
    To talk about justice, when you could have someone like this on jury service, a really scary thought
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    message was posted on my iphone which auto corrected.
    having said that, I don't need to worry about spelling, as long as I understand 1's and 0's I'm happy.

come on guys, seriously, your petty bullying needs fyne tuning (get that?) I had a 15 year old kid put his tongue down his throat today as I picked up my son, at least he went the egstra (get that too?) mile to try and make a point, even if he too was stupid.
    Living MY dream.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    it is still only the interweb, sometimes people agree sometimes they don't. You have points of view and an attitude that not all people can/will agree with (that's very normal on the internet don't ya know) i think because you won't let certain things go and certain things you say wind people up (long after i would have shut up or given it up as a bad job) you are capable of keeping the conversation going, even when it's not going in the direction you want.
    I think there is a price to pay for that, be it getting yourself wound up or suffering perceived bullying (TBH I've only ever seen a few cases on BR were people are truly nasty, and none on this thread. So if you don't want the pistaurius taking, start a new thread about pussycats or something else. Because a thread about a guy who 'possibly' murdered his girlfriend can only cause arguments (rightly so). let's all go for a chillin' ride now :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • VTech
    it is still only the interweb, sometimes people agree sometimes they don't. You have points of view and an attitude that not all people can/will agree with (that's very normal on the internet don't ya know) i think because you won't let certain things go and certain things you say wind people up (long after i would have shut up or given it up as a bad job) you are capable of keeping the conversation going, even when it's not going in the direction you want.
    I think there is a price to pay for that, be it getting yourself wound up or suffering perceived bullying (TBH I've only ever seen a few cases on BR were people are truly nasty, and none on this thread. So if you don't want the pistaurius taking, start a new thread about pussycats or something else. Because a thread about a guy who 'possibly' murdered his girlfriend can only cause arguments (rightly so). let's all go for a chillin' ride now :wink:

I too "think" he is guilty but the treatment remains unfair.
    I understand fully that many people wouldn't agree with me on many things but I'm an individual and I'm happy not to be a lemming who simply follows others. I think that by saying things that suit us at the time is a massive issue in real life, people should be consistent, if they truly believe in something, stick with it until proven wrong and even then, bend it to suit :mrgreen:

Life is full of jealous people, most keep the jealousy to themselves but these type are not worth bothering with, its the ones who are openly jealous, these are usually the type who actually have the ability to actually do what they are jealous about and to achieve as much, if not more than the person they are jealous off.
    These are the real idiots, the ones who on their deathbed will have seen opportunity and chance go by as they didn't utilise the inner strength to actually achieve what it is they always wanted.

Some may chuckle at the above comment but trust me, you will never get a truer statement.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    come on guys, seriously, your petty bullying needs fyne tuning (get that?) I had a 15 year old kid put his tongue down his throat today as I picked up my son, at least he went the egstra (get that too?) mile to try and make a point, even if he too was stupid.

Is it just me? Hang on, let me try reading it again....

...nope, still haven't got a scooby.
  • VTech
    steerpike wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Let me assist my good man.

I was driving a nice car to collect my son and whilst most kids loved it there was one kid (I think he was Marc's bother) made a gesture of putting his finger down his throat to make out that he didn't like it.
    Now we all know he did, he just wanted to make a stupid point to his friends who were really wondering why he was so jealous.

It happens at all age levels but such a shame in one so going as I do worry about what he will turn into.
    Living MY dream.
  • Nope! Sorry! Still a foreign language, must be me!
  • VTech
    Nope! Sorry! Still a foreign language, must be me!

Must be. I'm in need of a toilet cleaner with your skills if your interested. You can apply at imadipshit@googlemoogle.commy (see what I did there as well eh)
    I'm on a roll today boys. Bring it on.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Nope! Sorry! Still a foreign language, must be me!

Don't worry VTech, I get you.......

Some people just react against stuff because they think that's what others will be impressed by, secretly they like the thing they are reacting against and the people they're trying to impress think they're a dick :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    VTech wrote:
    I was driving a nice car to collect my son and whilst most kids loved it there was one kid (I think he was Marc's bother) made a gesture of putting his finger down his throat to make out that he didn't like it.
    Now we all know he did, he just wanted to make a stupid point to his friends who were really wondering why he was so jealous.

Is it possible that he genuinely didn't like it? The assumption that he 'must have liked it - and was therefore simply jealous' - displays a certain arrogance on your part, no?
    VTech wrote:
    It happens at all age levels but such a shame in one so going as I do worry about what he will turn into.

He will turn into someone with a healthy disregard for the crude, overt and ostentatious, hopefully...
  • VTech
    Imposter wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Is it possible that he genuinely didn't like it? The assumption that he 'must have liked it - and was therefore simply jealous' - displays a certain arrogance on your part, no?
    VTech wrote:

He will turn into someone with a healthy disregard for the crude, overt and ostentatious, hopefully...

Let's hope he doesn't turn into a bitching forum guy who settles for whatever turns up instead of using his one chance to have a fantastic ball.
    Only difference between me and some of the guys on here bitching at me is that I probably have a lot more risk than them, having said that, I reckon I have a lot more fun too so until it all goes titsup I'm going to use my one shot in the most extreme, flamboyant, overt and ostentatious way I can. I'll listen when I'm dead.
    Living MY dream.
  • imposter2.0
    VTech wrote:

Let's hope he doesn't turn into a bitching forum guy who settles for whatever turns up instead of using his one chance to have a fantastic ball.
    Only difference between me and some of the guys on here bitching at me is that I probably have a lot more risk than them, having said that, I reckon I have a lot more fun too so until it all goes titsup I'm going to use my one shot in the most extreme, flamboyant, overt and ostentatious way I can. I'll listen when I'm dead.

So rather than answer the question, you just thought you'd put up another post about how great you are? Having a ball on borrowed time - is your second name Yanukovyc..?
  • VTech
    Imposter wrote:
    VTech wrote:

So rather than answer the question, you just thought you'd put up another post about how great you are? Having a ball on borrowed time - is your second name Yanukovyc..?

I'm not great, my mother was great but not me.
    I'm happy, I take risks, enjoy myself and get to chuckle to myself arguing with bigger idiots than me.
    Living MY dream.
  • imposter2.0
    I'm not going to get an answer, am I. That would involve an element of self-reflection, which I imagine would be nigh on impossible for you.

You're wrong to assume that all other idiots are bigger idiots than you. There's that arrogance again....
  • VTech
    Imposter wrote:
    I'm not going to get an answer, am I. That would involve an element of self-reflection, which I imagine would be nigh on impossible for you.

You're wrong to assume that all other idiots are bigger idiots than you. There's that arrogance again....

Not all idiots are bigger idiot than me. Take for example President GW Bush, I'm more of an idiot than him but slightly less than some :roll: :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • imposter2.0
    Ho hum - still no answer. And here's me thinking you liked arguing with 'bigger idiots than you'. Maybe that was wrong as well...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Imposter wrote:
    Ho hum - still no answer. And here's me thinking you liked arguing with 'bigger idiots than you'. Maybe that was wrong as well...

He is isn't he :wink:

Seriously though is one of just going to let it go :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech wrote:
    steerpike wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Let me assist my good man.

Ah right, now it's written in a language I can read, I see it's yet another example of you trying to shoe horn in an anecdote about how amazing your life is.
  • imposter2.0
    arran77 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

He is isn't he :wink:

Seriously though is one of just going to let it go :roll:

We probably won't be able to establish that either way, unfortunately. I'm disappointed, to be honest. Anyway, I'm off back to my amazing (and real) life... :)
  • VTech
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't so than the things you did.

Mark Twain
    Living MY dream.
  • imposter2.0
    VTech wrote:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't so than the things you did.

Mark Twain

Did he mention anything about jealous 15 year olds vomiting on flashy cars..?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Please!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    (That's let it go please) ...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Mikey23 wrote:
    (That's let it go please) ...

Oh come on Mikey, I bought loads of popcorn.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    In the next installment of Vtech vs the world, will he find yet another reason to stick up for some rich white guy contrary to anything resembling reason? Will he find a way of insulting everyone's intelligence whilst managing to display none at all? Will he find a reason to mention fast cars he may or may not own? Will he believe he has proven the Earth is flat whilst holding a globe? Stay tuned to find out.

Loving the meltdown.
  • VTech
    nathancom wrote:
    In the next installment of Vtech vs the world, will he find yet another reason to stick up for some rich white guy contrary to anything resembling reason? Will he find a way of insulting everyone's intelligence whilst managing to display none at all? Will he find a reason to mention fast cars he may or may not own? Will he believe he has proven the Earth is flat whilst holding a globe? Stay tuned to find out.

Loving the meltdown.

I'm not sure if that's the worst comment ever made toward me on here.
    You managed to bring a racial aspect into a conversation where race was never an issue.
    It's quite shocking that you feel the need to do that and I'm unsure of your motive by doing that.
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Loving the meltdown.

You managed to bring a racial aspect into a conversation where race was never an issue.
    It's quite shocking that you feel the need to do that and I'm unsure of your motive by doing that.
    Awesome, so now you are trying to hide your idiocy behind a spurious suggestion that you have been called racist. That is the equivalent of a naked Anne Widdicombe attempting to hide her nudity with a rizla paper: ridiculous, unlikely to succeed and nauseous all rolled into one.

To help you along 'rich white male' is a phrase used reasonably often to connote privilege. I don't know why you didn't play the pro feminist card at the same time, 2 for the price of one.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    I doth think the lady protests too much.

Get a room and get it over with.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech
    nathancom wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Loving the meltdown.

Awesome, so now you are trying to hide your idiocy behind a spurious suggestion that you have been called racist. That is the equivalent of a naked Anne Widdicombe attempting to hide her nudity with a rizla paper: ridiculous, unlikely to succeed and nauseous all rolled into one.

To help you along 'rich white male' is a phrase used reasonably often to connote privilege. I don't know why you didn't play the pro feminist card at the same time, 2 for the price of one.

Your attempt to backtrack is futile.
    Fact is, most of my rich clients are black men between 18 and 32 who either play sport or music.
    There was no need to mention race. We have heard people before try and rationalise similar terms against Asians or black people and it's wrong.

Anyway, enough of this as I don't like it, let's get back to the other arguments about how bad my spelling is and how wrong I am to want everything I want.
    How wrong it is to work hard and play hard when others work hard and struggle.

Fact is, everyone is born with a chance in this country, none of us have a right to argue otherwise. There are people who will never have a chance and to put any of us on that level is disgusting.
    Living MY dream.
This discussion has been closed.