Is Oscar Pistorius getting unfair press ?

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Just realised who your new love is, Sean.
    It's a fecking mirror! :lol::lol:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    http://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/narcissisticquiz.cgi

hey i got 8 in the narcissist quiz.. how ordinary am i :|
    35 8)

crikey i feel so unloved, especially by myself :(:D
    Just pretend you're me and you'll soon realise how wonderful you really are :D

I think this is called the delusional phase :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Question;

who would think the world would be a better place if more people scored maximum !
    Living MY dream.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    The small percentage of those with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Paulie W wrote:
    The small percentage of those with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

:D he wasn't asking a question... it was a statement!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    Question;

who would think the world would be a better place if more people scored maximum !

You need a balance, from my point of view it would be better with more at the low end of the scale......actually it's probably the same for those that score highly, they would rather that there were more at the lower end too so that they appear even more 'special' and even 'better' than everyone else :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Paulie W
    edited February 2014
    Just searched for Oscar Pistorius and Narcissistic Personality Disorder and there are a lot of hits - several suggesting he shows traits!

http://sports.ndtv.com/othersports/athl ... er-experts
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Sean is ok if he stays in Wombledon and doesn't venture into Chelsea. If he were to meet the other 'Special One', they may annihilate each other.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Sean is ok if he stays in Wombledon and doesn't venture into Chelsea. If he were to meet the other 'Special One', they may annihilate each other.

:lol:

Well in that case perhaps we can arrange for them to mete up :wink:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    Paulie W wrote:
    Just searched for Oscar Pistorius and Narcissistic Personality Disorder and there are a lot of hits - several suggesting he shows traits!

You will rarely find "lemmings" who score highly.

The fact is that you need leaders and followers in any society, its always been this way and there have always been unfairly balanced devision of wealth. our generation won't be the last to argue this.
    Narcissism isn't a bad thing, it offers protection for many.
    Living MY dream.
  • Paulie W
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

You will rarely find "lemmings" who score highly.

The fact is that you need leaders and followers in any society, its always been this way and there have always been unfairly balanced devision of wealth. our generation won't be the last to argue this.

It is a bad thing - Narcissists only think they are good leaders.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:

True but like I said earlier I bet those with narcissistic tendencies would rather be the only one like it :wink:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Narcissism isn't a bad thing for the person who is being narcissistic because it helps your self esteem, just a little grating for everyone else.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    Maybe its because I'm a narcasist but to me, I see narcissistic tendencies as someone who thinks they can lead but is happy to be led (me) someone who wants to achieve and will work hard to do it (me).

What do you call it when someone wants to succeed, won't trample over others to get there but will try to have the best roll of his dice ?

I will worry about narcissism after my death, until then i will enjoy the ride.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    I will worry about narcissism after my death, until then i will enjoy the ride.

By this you imply that you believe in some sort of afterlife which inadvertently alludes to a greater being, one for whom narcissism is probably the most undesirable trait in a person :P

seanoconn
  • Paulie W
    I dont know why you think it has anything to do with leadership.
  • VTech
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.
    Read about how narcasism is scored.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.

Correct. In that test linked earlier many of the questions relate to leadership or being led, I'd say there is a strong link between the two.

seanoconn
  • Paulie W
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.

The test asks questions about how you view yourself in leadership roles but that has little to do with the trait which is about having an inflated view of your own worth, lack of empathy for others, etc. Generally, Narcissists make poor leaders because they have little interest in those they are leading.
  • bianchimoon
    it's scored on delusion that's obvious.. to the non deluded :?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • VTech
    Paulie W wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.

The test asks questions about how you view yourself in leadership roles but that has little to do with the trait which is about having an inflated view of your own worth, lack of empathy for others, etc. Generally, Narcissists make poor leaders because they have little interest in those they are leading.

I don't think thats truly the case.
    If empathy was a priority my score would be zero so how does that work ?
    Living MY dream.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    it's scored on delusion that's obvious.. to the non deluded :?

Worth repeating :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • bianchimoon
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.

you're confused because you score highly it doesn't make you a good leader it means "you THINK you are a good leader" ie it's a test for narcisim not leadership - got it?
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.

you're confused because you score highly it doesn't make you a good leader it means "you THINK you are a good leader" ie it's a test for narcisim not leadership - got it?

I grasped that my good man.
    I actually don't like to lead, thats the reason my score was only 20.
    Living MY dream.
  • bianchimoon
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.

excellent, btw i think i cheated a tad on my answers :D now it's a beautiful day let's all go for a ride
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Take the test my friend.

excellent, btw i think i cheated a tad on my answers :D now it's a beautiful day let's all go for a ride

Now this brings yet another twist, in certain circumstances I also struggle to follow :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    maybe you share this with Oscar..... Psychopath ? :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    I scored 2. I have low self esteem, which is justified as I'm crap :cry::wink: I answered as accurately as I could but in a lot of the cases I felt I was somewhere between the two but closer to the lower end e.g. I don't consider myself a particularly good leader but I'm happy to lead if others need me to, that's different to being happy to always follow others. 15 years ago I'd have been happy looking in the mirror or showing off my body but not anymore - I think that's called accepting your fate!
  • arran77
    Pross wrote:
    I scored 2. I have low self esteem, which is justified as I'm crap :cry::wink: I answered as accurately as I could but in a lot of the cases I felt I was somewhere between the two but closer to the lower end e.g. I don't consider myself a particularly good leader but I'm happy to lead if others need me to, that's different to being happy to always follow others. 15 years ago I'd have been happy looking in the mirror or showing off my body but not anymore - I think that's called accepting your fate!

No point fighting the inevitable :lol:

seanoconn
  • Paulie W
    VTech wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

I can't comment on how good the test is but lack of empathy IS a defining trait of Narcissism as a personality disorder.
This discussion has been closed.