Chicken sings

Comments

• r0bh wrote:
    Danny Pate's one rider who's not convinced by Hesjedal's statement that he only doped 2003-2004

He's put out a few tweets since Monday night that seem to make that clear

I think it's fair to say that, despite (or maybe because?) Danny Pate being ex-Garmin he is definitely not drinking the Garmin Kool-Aid.

I recall similar tweets about "the Garmin Three" around the time of the reasoned decision.

He's never bought the Tommy D (especially) version of the events, for one. Believes (knows?) he didnt fess up to everything.

I think the guys who rode the US domestic scene (as he did till he joined Highroad) dont buy the Garmin shizzle.

Fierce anti-doping, is the Pate. Advocate of lifetime bans
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    He definitely doesn't believe someone... from earlier today:

Danny Pate ‏@TheDPate 3h
    Lifetime bans should be given to anyone that has come forward but are proven to only be telling part of their doping past #LyingAboutLies
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I wonder if Pate thinks everyone on his own team is ok?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:

You could always send him a tweet...?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:

You could always send him a tweet...?

I could. But every time I engage with cyclists it ends up badly.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • “One day in 2006 the gendarmerie came to check our bus. We had drugs hidden in the bus but our bus driver Piet hid the EPO in his underpants,” Rasmussen said.

Furthermore he blames the team’s mechanic for ruining his chances of finishing on the podium in 2005. Rasmussen claims the mechanic was drunk on champagne before the penultimate time trial stage. He lost over seven minutes to stage winner Lance Armstrong, slipping from third to seventh overall.

“My rear wheel and handle bars were not fixed properly,” he said.

“I saw our mechanic in a chair sleeping off his champagne hangover. I put my bike against the truck and walked his way. I was three metres from the guy with my fists ready when Erik Dekker pulled me away."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasmuss ... underpants
    Contador is the Greatest
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    “One day in 2006 the gendarmerie came to check our bus. We had drugs hidden in the bus but our bus driver Piet hid the EPO in his underpants,” Rasmussen said.

Furthermore he blames the team’s mechanic for ruining his chances of finishing on the podium in 2005. Rasmussen claims the mechanic was drunk on champagne before the penultimate time trial stage. He lost over seven minutes to stage winner Lance Armstrong, slipping from third to seventh overall.

“My rear wheel and handle bars were not fixed properly,” he said.

“I saw our mechanic in a chair sleeping off his champagne hangover. I put my bike against the truck and walked his way. I was three metres from the guy with my fists ready when Erik Dekker pulled me away."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasmuss ... underpants

Must be like taking a dig from Monty Burns
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    What a fearsome prospect. Taking a beating from Ras.
  • Four bike changes and two fall offs !!

All due to a pissed mechanic :-)
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Forgot to install the stabilisers didn't he.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    It was a wierd time trial of him, wasn't it. Technique on the bike has never been a weakness for Michael.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRSFUnclJGQ
  • Belkin say that they're going to investigate Chicken's claims re current staff, including underpants bus driver and a team doctor, describing them as 'new information'

We'll see
  • Ol' Bo Hamburger now admitting he doped for a tad longer than his original admission - 6 years longer

He's also saying Riis knew all about the doping at CSC. Says 'he now accuses Riis cause he has been talking to the Danish Anti-Doping authorities and this will all come out eventually' (via @veloropa)

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article2143541.ece
  • I am always surprised by how many doping Danes there are. And there are a lot in relation to their population.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 22h
    Another tragicomic Michael Rasmussen quote to follow. This time in the helicopter after winning on Col d'Aubisque (and the Tour it seemed):

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 21h
    "Now I want the Ferrari 599. The 430 can't cut it anymore". 10 mins later Theo de Rooij calls; "Sounds like something is wrong." You think?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • keef_zip
    keef_zip Posts: 295
    I am always surprised by how many doping Danes there are. And there are a lot in relation to their population.

Very amusing.

I am always surprised by how many doping Spaniards there are. And there are a lot in relation to their population.
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    I'm surprised by any riders, riding clean :lol:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 22h
    Another tragicomic Michael Rasmussen quote to follow. This time in the helicopter after winning on Col d'Aubisque (and the Tour it seemed):

Mikkel Condé v2.0 ‏@mrconde 21h
    "Now I want the Ferrari 599. The 430 can't cut it anymore". 10 mins later Theo de Rooij calls; "Sounds like something is wrong." You think?

See, the thing is, I read that and don't know if they are talking about cars, or code names for dope.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thomthom
    keef_zip wrote:
    I am always surprised by how many doping Danes there are. And there are a lot in relation to their population.

Very amusing.

I am always surprised by how many doping Spaniards there are. And there are a lot in relation to their population.

No reason to get upset. He's totally right.
  • keef_zip
    ThomThom wrote:
    keef_zip wrote:

Very amusing.

No reason to get upset. He's totally right.

Not sure why you think I'm upset. I did say I was amused!

I find it amusing how FF is so blind to anything Spanish-doping related, including his hero. In that generation, there were a lot of dopers in every country, not just Dane's.
  • Tbh my point stands. Yes there are dopers in Spain as there are in South Africa and Britain but I somehow expect the Danes and Scandis to be less inclined to dope for some reason. Im not talking just cycling here either.

Just fyi: the population of spain is 9x larger than denmark and almost twice as large as den+fin+swe+nor. You would need 10 doping Spanish people to every one doping Dane for Spain to be worse than Denmark.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    Tbh my point stands. Yes there are dopers in Spain as there are in South Africa and Britain but I somehow expect the Danes and Scandis to be less inclined to dope for some reason. Im not talking just cycling here either.

Okay, I was all with you on Danes having had their share of incidents in cycling but to the bold part.. Qué?
  • keef_zip
    Just fyi: the population of spain is 9x larger than denmark and almost twice as large as den+fin+swe+nor. You would need 10 doping Spanish people to every one doping Dane for Spain to be worse than Denmark.

Not true - that's not the way it works. You need to look at how many pro sports people there are and make the ratio on that. in any event, if your 10:1 is right, then I would bet my house on there being 10 Spanish dopers for every Dane. In fact, I could probably list then if I could be bother the trawl Wiki.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Surely its the number of pro cyclists from a smaller nation such as Denmark which is disproportionate to their population rather than the number of those pro cyclists who doped.

If you know what I mean..

Rich is usually good at this stuff....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Tbh my point stands. Yes there are dopers in Spain as there are in South Africa and Britain but I somehow expect the Danes and Scandis to be less inclined to dope for some reason. Im not talking just cycling here either.

Okay, I was all with you on Danes having had their share of incidents in cycling but to the bold part.. Qué?

tbh yes Danes in cycling but also I was referring more, but not exclusively, to the other countries with regard doping. Like cross country skiing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • What a fearsome prospect. Taking a beating from Ras.

A bit like this, I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... RLL1w#t=10
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    In the top 1000 riders on CQ Ranking there are 81 Spaniards and 21 Danes, so it would seem that there are more Danish pros of a decent level than Spaniards in relation to their population.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thomthom
    RichN95 wrote:
    In the top 1000 riders on CQ Ranking there are 81 Spaniards and 21 Danes, so it would seem that there are more Danish pros of a decent level than Spaniards in relation to their population.

I guess only Belgium is more interested in cycling than Denmark in relation to population so that wouldn't be surprising.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    RichN95 wrote:

That sites good fun. Maybe it should be noted that Denmark have 7 in the top 500 whereas Spain have 47.