Tour Down Under *spoiler*

Comments

• So who do peeps fancy FTW? My money's on EBH, but I'm electing to take out an option on G. EBH has had a heavier training load than usual over the last few weeks and mercifully no ski-induced injuries from the offie. G's been out in Oz for 3 weeks, doing some serious training rides with CJ Sutton, and is well-acclimatised by now.

FTW, EBH, G? Hold on, I have an Enigma machine somewhere round here, I'll have it worked out in a jiffy...
  • So who do peeps fancy FTW? My money's on EBH, but I'm electing to take out an option on G. EBH has had a heavier training load than usual over the last few weeks and mercifully no ski-induced injuries from the offie. G's been out in Oz for 3 weeks, doing some serious training rides with CJ Sutton, and is well-acclimatised by now.

FTW, EBH, G? Hold on, I have an Enigma machine somewhere round here, I'll have it worked out in a jiffy...

you'll need the 4th rotor
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    right, hate to digress from le dopage talk but back to the racing for a mo...

The People's Classic crit as a warmer-upper on Sun, and then TDU starts Monday.

So who do peeps fancy FTW? My money's on EBH, but I'm electing to take out an option on G. EBH has had a heavier training load than usual over the last few weeks and mercifully no ski-induced injuries from the offie. G's been out in Oz for 3 weeks, doing some serious training rides with CJ Sutton, and is well-acclimatised by now.
    Some Aussie will. Leigh Howard - someone like that.

Thank fck for some racing though.
    Twitter: @RichN95

Oh no, this isn't in the Lorenz cipher is it? I'll just get Colossus fired up! :wink:

Oh no, this isn't in the Lorenz cipher is it? I'll just get Colossus fired up! :wink:

Dunno. Just what Kate Winslet told me
  • Dunno. Just what Kate Winslet told me

Don't you mean KEW?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lets get the racing going...off to check start list.

Tour de San Luis is starting very soon. Contador is riding - he has already won stages there before.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    It's weird isn't it? During the spring or summer I wouldn't care less about the TdU, but at this time of year it feels like the Tour de France, Paris-Roubaix and the World Championships all rolled into one. I just want to see some bike racing!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

Tour de San Luis is starting very soon. Contador is riding - he has already won stages there before.

That'll get the forum talking about nothing but the racing :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.

That'll get the forum talking about nothing but the racing :wink:
    His contaminated beef story has suddenly become more credible. If he's got a receipt from Tesco he should be exonerated.
  • frenchfighter
    I'd keep an eye on Andy Schleck as think he has a point to prove. Also Gilbert will like to come out the blocks fast. Lots of youngsters in this race looking to impress.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The bike racing hasn't stopped! You guys need to get into cross!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    The bike racing hasn't stopped! You guys need to get into cross!

Cross?

Next...
  • RichN95.
    The cycling equivalent of It's a Knockout
  • RichN95 wrote:
    The cycling equivalent of It's a Knockout

And that's a bad thing?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    Is there any more information on the TdU route than the single page and linked map?
    http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/down-un ... es-1-6.htm

I need to get in some training before the PTP season kicks off.
    The San Luis website is much better and has the profiles.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Looks like it'll be very hot.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It's Christmas morning all over again! Everyone PSYCHED?
  • What this thread needs is some rider-cuddling joey or rider-and-koala pics

Regrettably I'm such a luddite that I still havent mastered plastering pics here
    :(
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    What this thread needs is some rider-cuddling joey or rider-and-koala pics

Regrettably I'm such a luddite that I still havent mastered plastering pics here :(

Don't worry RR it's the sign of a True Champion
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    First one on google images. Armstrong taking his image rehabilitation seriously:

r335903_1522157.jpg
  • What we need is a PTP thread
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    What we need is a PTP thread

It's called a TRPT for the TdU
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Training Race Pundit? Whats the T?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Training Race Pundit? Whats the T?

T is for Thick. as in Iain's thick fingers.

TRP it should've been
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I can't understand why so many have preferred Argentina over Australia.

I'm backing Velits to have a good race.
  • frenchfighter
    Andy Schleck looking super thin.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Is there any TV coverage? Apologies if this has already been mentioned...

Its Sky's once-a-year foray into the world of race broadcasting innit

Its Sky's once-a-year foray into the world of race broadcasting innit

Nuts, don't have that one. :cry: