"Change Cycling Now"

12345679»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    The point about 20 races in Africa vs 4 before is interesting. Shows the doping simply isnt a priority for the UCI...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,548
    ddraver wrote:
    The point about 20 races in Africa vs 4 before is interesting. Shows the doping simply isnt a priority for the UCI...

That's a little unfair. If they prioritised doping over everything else there wouldn't be any races.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver wrote:

That's a little unfair. If they prioritised doping over everything else there wouldn't be any races.

Kind of agree. The UCI have a wide remit which includes expanding the sport. The problem is that this kind of thing keeps happening

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13833 ... -2013.aspx

We all know some races in Spain, Italy, Portugal and France have disappeared forever. Others are just about surviving, clinging on from year to year, and others have to keep on cutting back like Murcia.

The problem is the doping issue torpedoes everything else out of the water.
  • ddraver
    Which might suggest it was worth elevating in priority to Pat...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Which might suggest it was worth elevating in priority to Pat...

I know, but...all clear to rest of us. The UCI have been waving the BP as evidence of their war against doping, using stat analysis showiing the peloton climbing slower etc etc to use to back it up as successful in driving down/out doping. Pat and Hein would never have dreamed in a month of Sundays that Lancegate would happen.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    ddraver wrote:
    So some people have set up a group to campaign(?) for change in cycling

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13397 ... group.aspx

I see Lemond calling for a "new approach". Duh. Didn't find much after that on what this "new approach" might be. So Greg's a politician now? 'Cause that's exactly what a politician would say. Just more of the same old , same old.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dennisn wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I see Lemond calling for a "new approach". Duh. Didn't find much after that on what this "new approach" might be. So Greg's a politician now? 'Cause that's exactly what a politician would say. Just more of the same old , same old.

How are things back in 2012 Den?

Did you consider checking if there was any more information before posting about something that happened 2 months ago?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    Dennis being 3 months behind the rest of us would explain an awful lot! :D
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,548
    ddraver wrote:
    Dennis being 3 months behind the rest of us would explain an awful lot! :D

Dennis, if I were you I'd bet the house on Obama winning the election.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Did you consider checking if there was any more information before posting about something that happened 2 months ago?

No, not at all. So pardon my sarcasm but just exactly what is it that, the suddenly god like Lemond, is proposing?
    And you trust him to be you cycling savior WHY?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dennisn wrote:

No, not at all. So pardon my sarcasm but just exactly what is it that, the suddenly god like Lemond, is proposing?
    And you trust him to be you cycling savior WHY?

I don't. Nor do pretty much most people on here. I'd say most folks are probably slightly miffed that Lemond has hooked up with these clowns.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    As far as I can see, the only people really behind the whole CCN thing, are CCN themselves and the occasional fan who has decided that the UCI are baddies, and that absolutely any alternative would be better.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • In more BREAKING NEWS: dennis discovers that the Vietnam War is over, a former Hollywood actor had become President, and that Rock Hudson was gay
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Paul KImmage
    Change Cycling Now "hasn't worked, it's been a lot of hot air"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-angered-by-cycling-irelands-support-for-mcquaid

Surprised it took him 5 months to realise.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,166
    Hot air? Surely not, Festina Girl had an input!
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Just in case you were all wondering we have CCN to thank for todays fall of PMQ:

simonmacmichael: @festinagirl Thanks - 12 months to get other one back. And congrats to you - CCN helped make today happen :o) #clinkofchampagneflutes

:roll: :roll: :roll:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    mr_poll wrote:
    Just in case you were all wondering we have CCN to thank for todays fall of PMQ:

simonmacmichael: @festinagirl Thanks - 12 months to get other one back. And congrats to you - CCN helped make today happen :o) #clinkofchampagneflutes
    Antoine Vayer reckons him and Fuller deserve the credit. Some Irish people reckon they take the credit for stopping McQuaid's nomination (I think they haven't been paying attention).

Truth is it was probably just Makarov, with help from Plant.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:

Antoine Vayer reckons him and Fuller deserve the credit. Some Irish people reckon they take the credit for stopping McQuaid's nomination (I think they haven't been paying attention).

Truth is it was probably just Makarov, with help from Plant.

Other truth is that festinagirl was backing McQuaid.:) :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    In more BREAKING NEWS: dennis discovers that the Vietnam War is over, a former Hollywood actor had become President, and that Rock Hudson was gay

:shock: :shock:
  • dennisn
    In more BREAKING NEWS: dennis discovers that the Vietnam War is over, a former Hollywood actor had become President, and that Rock Hudson was gay

It's not over till I say it's over. Or how about - it's over when I quit wearing my camo's?
    Arnold became President? Whew, I do have to keep up. Thanks for that.
    Rock Hudson was gay? Are all guys named "Rock" gay? What about "The Rock"? Can't be?

:wink: