"Change Cycling Now"

Comments

• Dont see this link anywhere on this thread. There is a petition to sign:

http://www.changecyclingnow.org/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited December 2012
    Just noticed that FestinaGirl was in attendance. Anyone got pics?

edit: Is she Emma O'Reilly?

edit2: She should get help for here twitter addiction. Imagine if she has a husband and kids yet spends her life writing mostly useless stuff on twitter.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I need to work out how many of them are from the US and AUS and how many are dopers.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

No. No she's not.

But if you look at her twitter profile you can see most of her real name. Just add Bexhill into a search and I'm sure you'll find a picture.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

edit2: She should get help for here twitter addiction. Imagine if she has a husband and kids yet spends her life writing mostly useless stuff on twitter.

edit2 - think she has the latter but not the former....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • interesting questions, Frenchie

here you go for attendees:

http://www.changecyclingnow.org/

Missing from here is Emma O'Reilly who ponied up for the session with the press

In your 'doper' category, do you include Kimmage who admitted to some post-Tour crit speed consumption?
  • Yes thanks for the link - I have posted it above.

See 9th pic here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... ce-mcquaid
    I don't see another lady there.

Got it Iain.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    iainf72 wrote:

No. No she's not.

But if you look at her twitter profile you can see most of her real name. Just add Bexhill into a search and I'm sure you'll find a picture.

Oh FFS. Professional busybody!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    Have no fear. I've just launched the Movement for Credible Change in Cycling Pressure Groups Now.

ddraver's already in, and I'm in talks with a bloke who shouts "Wenger Out!" at Arsenal matches.

Once we've had our MCCCPGN conference at a plush hotel for a couple of days we'll let you know exactly what our demands are (but not who signed the statement), until then just sign our petition, as we'll be speaking in your name anyway, so you may as well.

http://www.mcccpgn.org/petition/changes ... allymeanit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I applaud your bravery in standing up to the Evil Ones
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Have no fear. I've just launched the Movement for Credible Change in Cycling Pressure Groups Now.

ddraver's already in, and I'm in talks with a bloke who shouts "Wenger Out!" at Arsenal matches.

Once we've had our MCCCPGN conference at a plush hotel for a couple of days we'll let you know exactly what our demands are (but not who signed the statement), until then just sign our petition, as we'll be speaking in your name anyway, so you may as well.

Link broken.
  • Beatmaker
    Hang on, I think I found the working link. This is the Council for Cycling Change Now Not Tomorrow Movement?

CCNNTM.org.uk
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Balls to your movement. It doesn't speak for me. I am therefore announcing the launch of the Federation Representing Armchair Nutters Abusing Twitter Influencing Cycle Sport (or FANATICS for short).

We will be in a smarter hotel and will have better nibbles, but you will have to bring your own booze. Guests bringing banners saying 'We demand transparency' will not he required to give their real name.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • To give it its due, Rich's set-up does have the better acronym.

May I invite Dave Millar? He's feeling left out.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Good to see Kimage is continuing to throw allegations about Sky all over the place.

http://www.bicycling.com/news/pro-cycli ... e?page=0,1

Not sure I'd particularly want him as part of my pressure group tbh.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Jez mon wrote:
    Good to see Kimage is continuing to throw allegations about Sky all over the place.

My favourite bit is one of his premises for distrusting them is his belief that that skinny guys shouldnt be able to TT :roll: Funny how he didnt bring that up when Wiggo dropped so much weight that he was known as Twiggo in 09 at Garmin (the one team Kimmage says he trusts), and came 3rd in the Tour Prologue and 4th in the TT, plus 2nd in the Giro TT
  • Jez mon wrote:

My favourite bit is one of his premises for distrusting them is his belief that that skinny guys shouldnt be able to TT :roll: Funny how he didnt bring that up when Wiggo dropped so much weight that he was known as Twiggo in 09 at Garmin (the one team Kimmage says he trusts), and came 3rd in the Tour Prologue and 4th in the TT, plus 2nd in the Giro TT

One of the best Pursuiters in history can TT a bit? Well I never!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Quite enjoy the bit about Kimmage conducting a bit of the old omerta himself re Sean Kelly

And remember all riders of the peloton: the only way Kimmage is going to trust you if you win a Tour stage is if you lose 40 mins the next day. Unless you're Garmin innit.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    That's the whole thing with this whole "Cartoon Cycling NOW" movement.

You've got Kimmage who thinks Sky are doping because they upset him at one point. I probably dislike Sky more than him but I don't think they're doping. You've got Jaimie selling his tight clothes, you've got Velocast punting their podcasts, Lemond thinking about getting back into making bikes, Ashenden being available for a fee to help with anti-doping etc etc

And as for involving the fans, I'm reminded of what Steve Jobs used to say, when he quoted Henry Ford "If I'd asked my customers what they wanted they would've said a faster horse"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Beatmaker
    @Festinamum has latched onto the latest nonsense RE Sky and Wiggins now. It's amazing that between bringing down Sky, the UCI & Starbucks she has time to work and be a mum. The Che picture of her does look a bit hot though.
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    @Festinamum has latched onto the latest nonsense RE Sky and Wiggins now. It's amazing that between bringing down Sky, the UCI & Starbucks she has time to work and be a mum. The Che picture of her does look a bit hot though.

Dont forget that she also has to juggle being a yoof worker and a politico. Must be exhausting.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    RichN95 wrote:

Balls to your movement. It doesn't speak for me. I am therefore announcing the launch of the Federation Representing Armchair Nutters Abusing Twitter Influencing Cycle Sport (or FANATICS for short).

We will be in a smarter hotel and will have better nibbles, but you will have to bring your own booze. Guests bringing banners saying 'We demand transparency' will not he required to give their real name.

We've got a free bar, so stuff you, splitters.
    To give it its due, Rich's set-up does have the better acronym.

May I invite Dave Millar? He's feeling left out.

We've got our educations and research outreach unit, Change Our Cycling Knowhow. We've already invited David Millar.

And we've got a free bar. Unless David Millar is on one, then we'll have to start charging.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker wrote:

Dont forget that she also has to juggle being a yoof worker and a politico. Must be exhausting.

And find the time to Tweet 58,000 times. I wonder if she has one of those WASP phones from Nathan Barley with a massive number five, because it's the most used key when texting / Tweeting.
  • RichN95.
    Beatmaker wrote:
    The Che picture of her does look a bit hot though.
    Reality is a different story though.
  • RichN95.
    Jez mon wrote:

He also seems to miss that Evans is actually lighter than either Wiggins or Froome.

And he also seems to think that their improvement since 2010 is solely down to Leinders (of whom we still know very little). Not because of more experience, not because of Kerrison, not because they recruited better riders (only 9 of the 2010 squad will be at Sky next year - six of which were under 25 back then). Six of the 2012 Tour team weren't even at Sky in 2010.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Having @festinagirl on this panel is the equivalent of expecting Sepp Blatter listen to the gobshites who phone Alan Green on 606..

(that's football analogy.....don't worry if you don't get it)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Having @festinagirl on this panel is the equivalent of expecting Sepp Blatter listen to the gobshites who phone Alan Green on 606..

Spot on.
  • Shouldn't they be recording a Xmas song or something. It worked last time someone had a 'f*ck it, we must do something' moment :roll:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Shouldn't they be recording a Xmas song or something. It worked last time someone had a 'f*ck it, we must do something' moment :roll:

The MCCCPGN has commissioned well known cycling fan Paul Weller to write our Christmas song. Wiggins is going to sing backing vocals on it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661

Spot on.

+2
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver