Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• pangolin said:

rjsterry said:

Street lights going off at 11pm and being able to see the milky way.

One of my favourite bits of holidaying down your way is how dark it is at night and how many more stars you can see.

And even better in house no.2, where the housing density is even lower, and many/most villages are turning off the lights after bedtime.
    Son worked on a farm in a remote area of NZ for a while, said the skies were absolutely stunning
    I have probably ony been somewhere "proper" dark once and it is an incredible sight
    Cobham?
    specifically the fake Roman ruins in Painshill Park
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,868

pangolin said:

rjsterry said:

Street lights going off at 11pm and being able to see the milky way.

One of my favourite bits of holidaying down your way is how dark it is at night and how many more stars you can see.

And even better in house no.2, where the housing density is even lower, and many/most villages are turning off the lights after bedtime.
    Son worked on a farm in a remote area of NZ for a while, said the skies were absolutely stunning
    I have probably ony been somewhere "proper" dark once and it is an incredible sight
    Cobham?
    specifically the fake Roman ruins in Painshill Park
    😂
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,521

JimD666 said:

If you're using a normal PC hit ctrl+a (select all) it'll show the little "X" on the line. Lot easier than wafting the mouse around 😉

Ah, even better.

Hallelujah, Praise Ye the Lord!
    Are you going to break into rendition of Brother lee love a la Kenny Everett?
    Can we have a vid?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,207
    pinno said:

JimD666 said:

If you're using a normal PC hit ctrl+a (select all) it'll show the little "X" on the line. Lot easier than wafting the mouse around 😉

Ah, even better.

Hallelujah, Praise Ye the Lord!
    Are you going to break into rendition of Brother lee love a la Kenny Everett?
    Can we have a vid?
    Tempted.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,405

Praise Ye the Lord!

Yuch, my second worst hymn...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    ddraver said:

Praise Ye the Lord!

Yuch, my second worst hymn...
    And the worst?
  • ddraver
    To be a pilgrim...

Awful tune, awful dirge and the words don't even fit the tune. I can't stand it.
    - @ddraver
  • pinno
    Oh no, what have I done? I can't get that tune out of my head.

Wasn't school assembly so f...... boring?

[Wrong thread]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,578
    Pross said:

Got back in the car after last night’s attempts at photographing the

Finding out how to delete drafts on this forum.

Does it work on a phone?

Also, does anyone know how to stop your own posts showing as being new, unread posts?

I think this one is phone related as it started when I changed phone but now when I hit quote it doesn’t take me to the text box and looks like nothing happened so I hit quote again with the same result and when I eventually look at the text box there are multiple quotes there.
    I think this has randomly stopped today. Sure was irritating..
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,578
    Nope, it hasn't. Still does it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ddraver
    ddraver said:

New Bike Day!

Mod 2 passed!

Finished my studying

BFF's have had a healthy baby boy

Date tonight

Today is a good news day!
    - @ddraver
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,840
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,061
    edited September 2022
    I'm in a miserable mood but at least I am posting the fastest times I've done since I moved to Cambridge on my bike consistently.

Nice to be fit enough that I can have a bit of fun on the bike without immediately being ruined by the first full on effort.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,964
    I wouldn't want it due to weight and lack of efficiency but this is a thing of beauty.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

I wouldn't want it due to weight and lack of efficiency but this is a thing of beauty.

Yeah ^.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,979
    Just becoming the first person in forum history to reach 2,500 likes. It's nice to be popular - maybe it's time to be more contraversial in my opinions
  • pblakeney
    That's a joke flag by the way. 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    Just became the first person in forum history to be flagged 5,000 times.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,410
    Pross said:

Just becoming the first person in forum history to reach 2,500 likes. It's nice to be popular - maybe it's time to be more contraversial in my opinions

You don't even have the equivalent of Shortfall following you around the forum and liking your posts :D
    At least i don't think you do
  • pblakeney
    Pross said:

I'm in the top 6.
    Says something about this forum. 🤣🤣🤣
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Pross said:

Good point - I'm only up to 1,500 :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Pross said:

You don't even have the equivalent of Shortfall following you around the forum and liking your posts :D
    It's not my fault there are people with good sense and judgment on the forum ;)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,769
    Stevo_666 said:

Pross said:

It's not my fault there are people likebots with good sense and judgment on the forum ;)
    FTFY
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pross said:

It's not my fault there are people likebots with good sense and judgment on the forum ;)
    FTFY
    Strange how you don't have one :D
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,769
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pross said:

FTFY
    Can't be arrised setting up a faux email account and a 2nd forum user id, I'm not that self serving.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,359
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pross said:

FTFY
    Can't be arrised setting up a faux email account and a 2nd forum user id, I'm not that self serving.
    I guess that will be your shortfall
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Who was the person who used to post on here under two names and got caught out after forgetting to switch accounts?
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pross said:

FTFY
    It's probably your best chance of getting a few likes. Most people rely on quality of posting ;)