Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,860
    morstar said:

BTW, if you get rid of the 'mobile' part of the url, the tweet displays in BR.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    There's a long running joke on The Athletico Mince podcast (Bob Mortimer) that Andy (the other host) eats Weetabix with butter on.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • briantrumpet
    elbowloh said:

There's a long running joke on The Athletico Mince podcast (Bob Mortimer) that Andy (the other host) eats Weetabix with butter on.

A childhood treat was a bowl of Shreddies with a lump of soft butter to dip them in.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    elbowloh said:

That ad was on my running club WhatsApp group a couple of days ago and quite a few of them were saying they eat Weetabix with butter.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

morstar said:

BTW, if you get rid of the 'mobile' part of the url, the tweet displays in BR.

Thank you kindly.
    Rarely look at Twitter and cancelled my account years ago but occasionally I get pointed at interesting stuff.
  • elbowloh
    I've still not ridden since my off in the week after Christmas.

Shoulder is almost back to normal, was back at the Dr's again last week as it looks like the wound got infected again. Was an open wound again 6 weeks after the accident!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    secretsam said:

Probably not actually trivial, but being able to ride on the turbo today.
    First time pedalling since I got COVID, mid Dec.

That's good.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

Shoulder is almost back to normal, was back at the Dr's again last week as it looks like the wound got infected again. Was an open wound again 6 weeks after the accident!

If it's any consolation, I had an open wound for 3 and a half years. (non cycling related)). Wasn't a lot of fun.

What with young kids and cats and domestic faults, plus a wound, your life is pretty full on.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    elbowloh said:

Heartfelt sympathy, hope it gets resolved

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • secretsam
    Fitted a blind to replaceva curtain in the box room I use as my office.
    Because it hangs in the window alcove, it's freed up about 30cm of floor space.

• pinno
    edited February 2021
    secretsam said:

Enough space now to play indoor cricket?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    edited February 2021
    Winning business off my old firm, who when I left, declared I had to work my notice as my new firm "was not a rival"

Hahahahahaha. B)

• briantrumpet

Winning business off my old firm, who when I left, declared I had to work my notice as my new firm "was not a rival"

Hahahahahaha. B)

Schadenfreude, or whatever the brexit-approved word is now.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    Part of an office training course on security was about not giving info to competitors. Accompanied by a photo of a TTT. Eh, that is the opposite of competitors. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • secretsam
    pinno said:

secretsam said:

Enough space now to play indoor cricket?
    ????

• elbowloh
    That the adverts i'm receiving on here are things for building tour own climbing wall at home. Pretty sure i've never searched for anything related to that and also I hate heights.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • morstar
    elbowloh said:

That the adverts i'm receiving on here are things for building tour own climbing wall at home. Pretty sure i've never searched for anything related to that and also I hate heights.

Unless you’re living in a very fancy house, the indoor climbing wall at home is unlikely to trouble your fear.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    Boris paraphrasing Goldie Looking Chain on his visit to Cwmbran a few days ago. I suspect finding their song on You Tube was the sum total of his research for the visit but it's quite funny.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    edited February 2021
    morstar said:

elbowloh said:

Unless you’re living in a very fancy house, the indoor climbing wall at home is unlikely to trouble your fear.
    At home. End exterior wall?
    Burglars will be happy. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    elbowloh said:

The major first lockdown project for Bompetta and me was to convert her old kids' climbing frame into a proper 4m high climbing wall.

Maybe Google have been clever (or tenuous) enough to link us through BR...
  • morstar
    pblakeney said:

morstar said:

elbowloh said:

At home. End exterior wall?
    Burglars will be happy. 🤣
    Mixed blessing. Contractors won’t need scaffolding!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297

elbowloh said:

The major first lockdown project for Bompetta and me was to convert her old kids' climbing frame into a proper 4m high climbing wall.

There was a forumite that had a sideline making such things as I recall, don't think he has posed for a couple of years though.
    You can make horizontal climbing walls, never get very high but just staying off the floor is the objective.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

There was a forumite that had a sideline making such things as I recall, don't think he has posed for a couple of years though.
    You can make horizontal climbing walls, never get very high but just staying off the floor is the objective.
    That's what the "the floor is lava" game is for.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Why on Earth are domestic cleaners allowed?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,626

Why on Earth are domestic cleaners allowed?

Think about who is writing the rules.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • elbowloh

How else are people supposed to clean their domestics?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    elbowloh said:

How else are people supposed to clean their domestics?
    Perhaps squeeze them in a dishwasher or if they are too tall, strap 'em to the roof of a car and go through the car wash?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

elbowloh said:

This is what you need.

Even the grandson can use it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    On the phone to a guy who sounds identical to Tom Dumoulin.