• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,539
    edited February 2021
    elbowloh said:

Pross said:

pblakeney said:

That's twice you've typed "your" instead of "tour". 🤣🤣🤣
    It's the little things that cheer us up. 😉

Just for elbowloh...my entire touring kit setup in 1993.

Is that a Raleigh Banana? If so that was the first "proper" bike I bought when I started work in 1989 although it was the bottom of the range CroMo version and I soon upgraded to a second-hand Vitus after starting to race a few months later. The Banana did end up being fitted with 'cross tyres and doing a couple of cyclocross seasons for me though (literally no other modifications).
    That was my "dream" bike when I was about 10!
    This was my repurposed cheap version going where it was never designed to go (and before I'd learned the importance of being co-ordinated and stylish when cycling!) I still think it is one of the best team paint jobs ever on a bike and I was gutted when the team went to Falcon and changed the colour scheme.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Raleigh >>>>>>Falcon!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    I had Michelin High lite road's - 20mm on 36 hole MA2 anodised rims, miche hubs.

God they were harsh.

Thank fook for carbon, latex, fatter tyres, bigger gear ranges and cork bar tape.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross

I managed to get a copy of my recordings for the game Locomotion from the talented composer of all the music, Allister Brimble. I think he said that Transport Tycoon, which also had his music on, sold 7 million copies. He's had his game music performed by full orchestra in the Leipzig Gewandhaus, which is more than I'll even get near.

Anyway, the tunes for this game were all arranged by the decade, and this tune was for the 1920s.

https://youtu.be/tBqYPzRvfkA

On the subject of composers, have you ever worked with a guy called Chris Bond? He's a trombonist (I think) from Cornwall originally but now Cardiff based and having quite a bit of success composing brass band arrangements. Still only young but just after he finished college he was MD for a little group I sang with, he helped knock together the scores for the orchestra that played for my first ever performance.
  • Pross
    pinno said:

I had Michelin High lite road's - 20mm on 36 hole MA2 anodised rims, miche hubs.

God they were harsh.

Thank fook for carbon, latex, fatter tyres, bigger gear ranges and cork bar tape.

I've still got a pair of MA2 rims on Ultegra 600 hubs in the shed. They were part of my "custom" Ribble 653 build about 30 years ago. I've also got my first proper wheels out there somewhere, Open 4 CD on 105 hubs. Other than a few broken spokes they are still usable.
  • piker2 said:

morstar said:

This skier in the middle of Loch Morlich (in the foothills of the Cairngorms):

Is the Canoe hire open?

May pop up.
    Oh, if only. There's a massive community of outdoor types all quietly (or not so quietly) going mad... right now it's looking like the best snow conditions in years, the ski centres are all shut, and we're all stuck at home.

And yet I still find I get more joy from looking at webcam pics of snow than not.

Here's the Glenshee road: that's the top of the crash barriers you can just see on the right, the deepest point of the drift is quite a lot higher.

This is supposed to be things that cheer me up!
    I am absolutely p***ed off that I am stuck at home and can not be there.
    Yeah, it's a damn shame and I feel sorry for the ski resorts in Scotland.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,903
    Pross said:

I managed to get a copy of my recordings for the game Locomotion from the talented composer of all the music, Allister Brimble. I think he said that Transport Tycoon, which also had his music on, sold 7 million copies. He's had his game music performed by full orchestra in the Leipzig Gewandhaus, which is more than I'll even get near.

Anyway, the tunes for this game were all arranged by the decade, and this tune was for the 1920s.

https://youtu.be/tBqYPzRvfkA

On the subject of composers, have you ever worked with a guy called Chris Bond? He's a trombonist (I think) from Cornwall originally but now Cardiff based and having quite a bit of success composing brass band arrangements. Still only young but just after he finished college he was MD for a little group I sang with, he helped knock together the scores for the orchestra that played for my first ever performance.

No, don't think I have... someone once told me that there's a place the other side of the Tamar from Devon... I think they said it's called 'Cornwall' or something like that.
  • Pross
    Yeah, different world apparently. There's a documentary about it you should watch called Straw Dogs
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    pinno said:

God they were harsh.

Sod the tyres.

I had MA2’s on my Raleigh road ace.
    The 6 speed cassette was 13-18 straight with 42-52 chainrings.

Oh how I laughed going up big hills. Got up them all on that as recently as about 12 years ago but now have a near 1-1 gear ratio for hills which is far more civilised.
  • Pross
    Root getting his double ton by dancing down the pitch and smashing a six back over the bowlers head. Beautiful.
  • briantrumpet
    Bits of kit that just do the job you want them to. My new toy... well, work toy...

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    You mix trumpet noises?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    pinno said:

You mix trumpet noises?!

Electric trumpet.
  • briantrumpet
    morstar said:

pinno said:

You mix trumpet noises?!

Electric trumpet.

I teach trumpet from home, but my neighbours would never know, as I've got a clever gizmo from Yamaha called Silent Brass, which is a mute with a microphone in it, and a box of tricks to turn it back into a proper trumpet sound in the amplifier. So I've got that, a midi keyboard, a vocal mic, my phone and laptop all going into the mixer, and then that all gets fed back into the laptop for recording or Zooming or whatever. Darned clever stuff.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686

morstar said:

pinno said:

You mix trumpet noises?!

Electric trumpet.

I teach trumpet from home, but my neighbours would never know, as I've got a clever gizmo from Yamaha called Silent Brass, which is a mute with a microphone in it, and a box of tricks to turn it back into a proper trumpet sound in the amplifier. So I've got that, a midi keyboard, a vocal mic, my phone and laptop all going into the mixer, and then that all gets fed back into the laptop for recording or Zooming or whatever. Darned clever stuff.
    You are Brian Eno and ICMFP
  • orraloon
    Just watched Pulp Fiction for the umpteenth time. Such a good film. Voting for Best Evah.
  • Pross
    orraloon said:

Just watched Pulp Fiction for the umpteenth time. Such a good film. Voting for Best Evah.

Yeah, possibly my favourite too. So cleverly put together, great characters and dialogue. For me Tarantino went downhill afterwards although I haven't watched his more recent stuff.
  • elbowloh
    Pross said:

orraloon said:

Yeah, possibly my favourite too. So cleverly put together, great characters and dialogue. For me Tarantino went downhill afterwards although I haven't watched his more recent stuff.
    I'm not a big fan tbh. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are ok, but not things I could watch over and over. I liked the kill bills. Django Unchained, I fell asleep halfway through.

All his films are just pastiches of older films, but with loads of swearing and added blood spatter and not as good as the original styles that he is copying imo.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    From Dusk til Dawn is a favourite of mine. First time I watched it I knew nothing about it. The twist and change in the middle was a genuine WTF moment for me
  • elbowloh
    Tashman said:

From Dusk til Dawn is a favourite of mine. First time I watched it I knew nothing about it. The twist and change in the middle was a genuine WTF moment for me

Isn't that where there's a change in director? Rodriguez to Tarantino (or vice versa).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I'm sure that @First.Aspect entirely approves that snow days don't mean anyone gets the day off anymore, but here's the Bompgarden this morning

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    edited February 2021
    If we're doing garden shots, at lunch today...

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Ours just now
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    Chucking it down again. Hope to get outside after work before it gets dark. What would really cheer me up is finishing training early. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Kids having the guts to have a go at an incredibly difficult song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQWIFRttpo&ab_channel=cmm1224
  • orraloon
    Hearing the Foo Fighters covering BeeGees 'You Should be Dancing' 😊
    On Jo Whiley BBC R2, replay it on Sounds at just after 8pm. 👍
  • elbowloh
    Jo Whiley used to get a load of great covers on her Live Lounge show. I've got an album of them somewhere.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • briantrumpet
    From one of the creators of The Wire, to one of Trump's media brown noses: