Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

I'd forgotten how squeaky newborns can be.

Everytime i pick her up or put her down, she squeaks. Number 1 son was exactly the same.

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

No, i only use the good stuff, MucOff ceramic dry chain lube (its what i've got lying about).
    Okay, Cod liver oil.

Anyhoo, what should cheer you up is this little bundle. Totally reliant on you. Totally selfish. Time consuming.
    But beautiful.
    She's not done a poo for 3 days now. Midwives aren't worried apparently...
    we had that (too long ago to remember how many days) and I still remember the merriment on the docs face as he left the cubicle after inserting the suppository
    12 days was our record and it went while we were queuing to see the doc.

Breast milk is a natural laxative. If they ain't pooping it's because the bairn is getting all the nutrient out of the milk and doesn't need to go.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    edited March 2021

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Everytime i pick her up or put her down, she squeaks. Number 1 son was exactly the same.

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

No, i only use the good stuff, MucOff ceramic dry chain lube (its what i've got lying about).
    Okay, Cod liver oil.

Anyhoo, what should cheer you up is this little bundle. Totally reliant on you. Totally selfish. Time consuming.
    But beautiful.
    we had that (too long ago to remember how many days) and I still remember the merriment on the docs face as he left the cubicle after inserting the suppository
    Merriment a euphemism for shoite?
    I don't think I ever had that but I can remember at least two occasions when it was either the carpet or catch it in my hand...
    you should see a doctor as it sounds like you could have something seriously wrong with you
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    So she pooed this afternoon.
    There was a lot
    It was English mustard colour.

Oh, wife had to catch a second wave of poo the other day with her hand.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    I don't think I ever had that but I can remember at least two occasions when it was either the carpet or catch it in my hand...
    you should see a doctor as it sounds like you could have something seriously wrong with you
    What do you mean, my reflexes and coordination were superb. Better than the English cricket team anyway.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

3 in 1 oil?
    On a baby?

Okay, Cod liver oil.

But beautiful.
    What do you mean, my reflexes and coordination were superb. Better than the English cricket team anyway.
    That's not saying much tbh
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • shirley_basso
    elbowloh said:

There was a lot

Seems your tiny children spending a crazy amount of time not in nappies while indoors. Must love cleaning.

Never in my house - outside, sure.

Or are you doing the diaper free baby thing (which I saw in real life - 6m old baby perfectly potty trained. Insane).
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    I had a kitten trained to go in the kitty litter in 17 days.
    The problem with that was, when she grewd up, she would come in to go to the toilet.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

There was a lot

Seems your tiny children spending a crazy amount of time not in nappies while indoors. Must love cleaning.

Or are you doing the diaper free baby thing (which I saw in real life - 6m old baby perfectly potty trained. Insane).
    Nah, it was whilst changing for a a wee and we didn't bother with a mat and it just started extruding out
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • shirley_basso
    edited March 2021
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

There was a lot

Nah, it was whilst changing for a a wee and we didn't bother with a mat and it just started extruding out
    And it's your second....some people are just a glutton for punishment
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

There was a lot

Number 2 was an unexpected surprise bearing in mind number 2 was IVF.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,745
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

There was a lot

You had IVF by accident?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh
    pblakeney said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

There was a lot

You had IVF by accident?
    Sorry, meant to say number 1 was IVF!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pblakeney
    🤣🤣🤣
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • shirley_basso
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

There was a lot

No I mean that you knew babes shit everywhere yet still changed it without a mat!

Congrats on #2. I've heard once #1 is IVF then subsequent babies can come along quite quickly, naturally.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Ah happy memories! I remember teeny tiny Tashgirl requiring a nappy change at about 4am. I thought this will be quick, so didn't bother dressing. I dutifully scooped her up, laid her on the unit in the bathroom and whipped off the damp offending nappy, cleaned her up and reached for the fresh one.
    At this point there was a mustard/korma coloured explosion that covered me from knees to nipples. I had to call the drowsy Tashwife to come and assist at this point, although she was strangely useless with all the laughing :D:D
    At least it was only a couple of steps to the left to get in the shower.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    Victory over the wastes of oxygen in our HR department who created a large tax exposure by doing something without consulting me, then tried to thwart my attempts to put it right.

Unfortunately for them they didn't realise that the Group CFO was right behind me on this one and his JFDI notice this morning to the head of HR was rather pleasing :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Tashman said:

Ah happy memories! I remember teeny tiny Tashgirl requiring a nappy change at about 4am. I thought this will be quick, so didn't bother dressing. I dutifully scooped her up, laid her on the unit in the bathroom and whipped off the damp offending nappy, cleaned her up and reached for the fresh one.
    At this point there was a mustard/korma coloured explosion that covered me from knees to nipples. I had to call the drowsy Tashwife to come and assist at this point, although she was strangely useless with all the laughing :D:D
    At least it was only a couple of steps to the left to get in the shower.

Reminds me of the Sardines and Mash incident in the night time.

At roughly 8 months old, my first born was on semi solids and puree'd vegetables.
    One of the dishes was Sardines (in Tomato sauce) in mash.
    This was on a Friday. There was no action until Monday morning in the wee hours...
    For a change Mrs P got up to attend on the little one.

As soon as she undid the nappy, there was a tremendous gasp from Mrs P... from the stench.
    I had to get up and open all the windows and the back door.
  • elbowloh
    That Alphablocks, a cbeebies show aimed at toddlers had references to This is Spinal Tap.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,607
    Sometimes I read a post and I think "bloody hell, he gets it" and only later I realise it's my own post.

At least I agree with myself most of the time.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Can somebody start a new thread for baby excrement?
    This is supposed to be "trivial things that cheer you up". All this is making me frown.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

Sometimes I read a post and I think "bloody hell, he gets it" and only later I realise it's my own post.

At least I agree with myself most of the time.

Saw a replay of a game of ice hockey i refereed and nailed every single call.
    There’d be a split second where I thought oops missed that before the whistle blew.

There’s some I’m glad I haven’t seen the replay for.
  • elbowloh
    lesfirth said:

Can somebody start a new thread for baby excrement?
    This is supposed to be "trivial things that cheer you up". All this is making me frown.

Was changing a pooey nappy earlier and then baby projectile pooed chicken korma colour poo all over my trouser leg. Wife tool over and baby projectile pooed over her hand.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    An upside of covid and facemasks...they cover up the horrible looking cold sore I currently have.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

There was a lot

Surprisingly common. That's why tubes got tied after the dynamic duo arrived.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,313

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • SamWalker
    SamWalker Posts: 11
    That. And this little guy, better litter trained than the babies upthread.

• pinno
    @jollygoodthen

A face... to a name. Spooky for round these parts.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Even spookier is his notanothercyclingforum thang. Odd. Someone has too much time, too little to do...
  • pblakeney
    edited March 2021
    When your phone ringtone comes on the radio and you can't figure out why nothing is showing on your phone. Made me laugh at my own silliness. 🤣🤣🤣
    Veronese68 wrote: