Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Because other fans aren’t nearly as bad ✌🏻✌🏻

I guess you haven't been to West Ham or Milwall game.
    I doubt you have either tbf.
    Been to a couple of West Ham games with a mate who supports them. Was fun watching them fighting with each other, never mind the opposing fans. Anyway, my point stands: you were a bit stupid to move that close to a big football stadium knowing what match days are like.
    TBF, it wasn't Rick who built the stadium.
    Which one was there first?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Ironically the North London Chokers' only hope of salvaging the season is if Chelsea beat City tomorrow. Get your blue scarf out :smiley:
    Only 6 top flite wins Chelsea.
    No European footie for you next season, not even the euro vase/conference/league thingy wotsit.
    Less FA cup wins than Arsenal.
    Bottom half of the table.
    Tomorrow, City will thrash you senseless.

Chelsea are shyte.
    Bit brave of you after yesterday. Its officially a pandemic in North London now :smiley:
    https://youtu.be/BYgcRlQQOpA
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Been to a couple of West Ham games with a mate who supports them. Was fun watching them fighting with each other, never mind the opposing fans. Anyway, my point stands: you were a bit stupid to move that close to a big football stadium knowing what match days are like.
    It was more the outright hostile racism to people on public transport from them which I had a problem with.

And when they cornered my wife and threatened to rape her.

But yeah, standard for football fans right?

🙄
    Nobody said that wasnt totally unacceptable but you would still be a lot wiser to have lived away from a football stadium. Other locations are available.

And are you really trying to make out this is something specific to Chelsea fans? That's before we get onto tarring all supporters of a team with the same brush.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Ironically the North London Chokers' only hope of salvaging the season is if Chelsea beat City tomorrow. Get your blue scarf out :smiley:
    No European footie for you next season, not even the euro vase/conference/league thingy wotsit.

Chelsea are shyte.
    Bit brave of you after yesterday. Its officially a pandemic in North London now :smiley:
    But we are still far less shyte than Chelsea.
    £ for £, Chelsea are really really shyte.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Chelsea are shyte.

Hmm :)

• Stevo_666
    But we'll kindly help you find one that you're missing ;)
    https://youtu.be/wNSRcMniDJw
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Chelsea are shyte.

ROFL:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transferausgabentabellenplatz/wettbewerb/GB1
  • pinno
    £611 million. £611 million!!

I think the best thing Chelsea should do is hire the Brighton and Hove Albion manager who's club spent £55M.. Oh hang on... they did that and it didn't work.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

It was more the outright hostile racism to people on public transport from them which I had a problem with.

And when they cornered my wife and threatened to rape her.

But yeah, standard for football fans right?

🙄
    Nobody said that wasnt totally unacceptable but you would still be a lot wiser to have lived away from a football stadium. Other locations are available.

And are you really trying to make out this is something specific to Chelsea fans? That's before we get onto tarring all supporters of a team with the same brush.
    There’s a reason the football factory is about Chelsea fans
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Chelsea are shyte.

ROFL:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transferausgabentabellenplatz/wettbewerb/GB1
    So where is your European Cup? ;)
  • pinno
    ...and that worked out well. Severance pay at Chelsea:

Brighton received £21.5M for Graham Potter and paid £13M in severance pay.

According to French outlet L’Equipe, the 47-year-old received a yearly income of £11.8million. Although 6 months in the job only netted a piffling £5.9m for Potter.

Thomas Tuchel got a £13m pay-out - with an extra £2m to his backroom staff - for his Chelsea sacking.

Soon to be 12th in the league...
  • Stevo_666
    Been to the doctors recently?
    https://youtu.be/7UDKUGEnRqc

:D

• pinno
    I wonder if the £75,000 per week paid to Limphard after his first appointment had something to do with re-hiring him 'cos the bean counters did an audit.
  • pinno
    Chelsea are shyte.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2023
    pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Boo hoo. I'll have to sing a song to cheer myself up :)
    https://youtu.be/CKP3XvqXWvc
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,694
    pinno said:

£611 million. £611 million!!

I think the best thing Chelsea should do is hire the Brighton and Hove Albion manager who's club spent £55M.. Oh hang on... they did that and it didn't work.

That website is a load of nonsense. It is transfer spending only, doesn't include wages or player sales, and even in relation to the transfer spending it doesn't account for the period over which the spending is spread. My understanding is that clubs treat the total spend, including the wages, over the period of the contract. And Chelsea have been handing out unusually long contracts.

This will totally bite them in the ars€ though, because they've effectively spend several years' transfer funds.

Manchester City have been spending like that for pretty much 15 years, completely out of proportion to their true revenue, because they are basically a national asset. Whether the cheating they've been doing by all that creative accounting is ever enforced against the club is a different matter.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    edited May 2023
    Football derby games. They only mean something to the 'local' fans, who can have
    banter with each other in pubs, bars, factories, office, etc etc, when the teams play
    each other.
    Players* and managers sounding-off about the importance of derby games are just
    talking tosh.

*Mind you, I think derby games meant a lot to United-hating Mike Doyle (a mancunian) when he played for City during the 60s and 70s.
  • pinno
    pinno said:

Soon to be 12th in the league...

It's a good job City fielded the B team 'cos Chelsea are shyte.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,531
    de_sisti said:

Football derby games. They only mean something to the 'local' fans, who can have
    banter with each other in pubs, bars, factories, office, etc etc, when the teams play
    each other.
    talking tosh.

*Mind you, I think derby games meant a lot to United-hating Mike Doyle (a mancunian) when he played for City during the 60s and 70s.

The atmosphere at the ground is different on a derby day. This then affects the players, so they learn the importance.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283

de_sisti said:

each other.
    talking tosh.

The atmosphere at the ground is different on a derby day. This then affects the players, so they learn the importance.
    I suppose the same could be said for important league or cup games?
  • pinno
    Arsenal: 12 points above Manure, 15 points above Liverpool, 24 points above the blighted spuds ( :smiley: ) and 38 points above Chelsea.
    Brentford are 13 points above Chelsea and Fulham, Crystal palace, Brighton, Aston Villa and Newcastle are above them.
    Man City have scored more than double the points Chelsea have scored this season.

'Cos Chelsea are really really shyte.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,531
    de_sisti said:

de_sisti said:

each other.
    talking tosh.

I suppose the same could be said for important league or cup games?
    Not really, no. Of course there is a good atmosphere for big games, but it is not like a derby.
  • pinno
    Talking of Derby's, I would love to go to an Inter Milan/AC Milan fixture.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Chelsea are shyte.

I do not have a problem with people chosing to support clubs other than their local one but invariably they adopt a successful one and then are far more likely than "local" fans to brag about "their" success
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    People who think football only started in 2004.
  • pinno

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Chelsea are shyte.

Chelsea are shyte.

I do not have a problem with people chosing to support clubs other than their local one but invariably they adopt a successful one and then are far more likely than "local" fans to brag about "their" success
    Some decided to support Chelsea on that bandwagon but now they are shyte.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Dressing for the weather at home and forecast for where you are going (London in this case) then finding out it’s cold and cloudy when you get there.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,694

Whereas we all know it started in 1992.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

Whereas we all know it started in 1992.
    I mean there was football before Aldershot Town were founded, but it was a very different sport.