Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150

Broken shoulder. Proper break but not displaced so 4 weeks in a sling.

Really shouldn’t have cycled home…

Ouch. Get well soon, Rick.

Hopefully this won'ts affect your typing pace in the forum, or Stevo would miss you!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    That's unlucky, good that it's not displaced, so hopefully that means once the bone heals you should be alright.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    At least RC gets hard man points for cycling home with a broken shoulder.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,703
    Buggerations.

On the plus side its winter you'll be missing. And zwift is available. At your age you'll be able to use a trainer in 3 weeks I reckon.

Also, you are probably so weedy you don't have any strength to lose.
  • briantrumpet

Buggerations.

On the plus side its winter you'll be missing. And zwift is available. At your age you'll be able to use a trainer in 3 weeks I reckon.

Also, you are probably so weedy you don't have any strength to lose.

Weight work the legs, obvs. It's all about leg strength.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    drhaggis said:

Hopefully this won'ts affect your typing pace in the forum, or Stevo would miss you!
    :smiley:

I'm working on improving my aim...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

drhaggis said:

Is the carpet in the loo getting 'fragrant'?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

Stevo_666 said:

drhaggis said:

Not quite. Think 'Day of the Jackal'
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

drhaggis said:

Not quite. Think 'Day of the Jackal'

Ah, gotcha....they didn't have carpet in the toilet in that one.
  • briantrumpet
    The Graun using wrong words. There should be a red flashing light on 'discreet' when a journalist types it.

• Broken shoulder. Proper break but not displaced so 4 weeks in a sling.

Ouch, gws and get someone to set up turbo for you as soon as you are allowed!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Heal quickly, @rick_chasey !
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 559
    Sending get well soon wishes to Rick. 🍇💐
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    I have to admire your priorities Rick. Finish ride, upload to Strava with comment, post on here, get cleaned up and only then go to hospital! Hope it heals quickly.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited February 2023
    Pross said:

I have to admire your priorities Rick. Finish ride, upload to Strava with comment, post on here, get cleaned up and only then go to hospital! Hope it heals quickly.

i figured the a&e wait might be brutal, so i got home, cleaned myself up (well, the wife did), took a book, headphones, ipad, sandwiches.

christ alive tcp on road rash - that one took me by surprise
  • Pross
    Should have gone fully old school and used a wire brush as well.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rick_chasey
    Mild problems with some fairly deep road rash on the arm that needs to be in a sling.

Not easy giving it an airing.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976

Mild problems with some fairly deep road rash on the arm that needs to be in a sling.

I was given a very basic sling when I broke my collar bone. Maybe that would help?

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    pblakeney said:

I was given a very basic sling when I broke my collar bone. Maybe that would help?

will discuss with the virtual surgeon. i suspect i need the broad weight to be carried because its a shoulder
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

will discuss with the virtual surgeon. i suspect i need the broad weight to be carried because its a shoulder
    Suggest that it is only for use during resting periods.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    edited February 2023
    ... 🤣
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694

pblakeney said:

I think you might have a circulation problem, but your weights regime seems to be doing a good job.
    Careful, someone will be along to say he should see a doctor and some random on a cycling forum can't diagnose medical issues.
  • Pross
    Amateur organisations. We had an AGM at my choir a few days ago at which no-one new offered to take a place on the committee leaving us incumbents to have to keep running things for yet another year but now we're getting criticism from members who want a direct say in certain things.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Pross said:

Amateur organisations. We had an AGM at my choir a few days ago at which no-one new offered to take a place on the committee leaving us incumbents to have to keep running things for yet another year but now we're getting criticism from members who want a direct say in certain things.

See also rugby clubs!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • briantrumpet
    Pross said:

This x100.

One thing I've done when I've chaired one is to be explicit at the AGM: "When you select the committee, you charge us to manage the organisation for the next year, so if you want a real say in the way it's run, now's the time to join the committee, not with constant external criticism of the way we do things."

The best way you get new members is to approach people directly and ask them to do specific jobs. Once they are doing them, then you twist their arms to come onto the committee. Sneaky, but it works: identify people with skills, tell them that their skills would be really appreciated, then snare them. General appeals for help are generally met with averted eyes.
  • Pross

Pross said:

See also rugby clubs!
    Yeah, it's the same with all volunteer organisations but this one has really pissed me off as I think we've done a really good job between 6 of us in basically saving the choir since the end of lockdown with virtually no support from the other 30 odd members.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Pross said:

Pross said:

See also rugby clubs!
    Yeah, it's the same with all volunteer organisations but this one has really pissed me off as I think we've done a really good job between 6 of us in basically saving the choir since the end of lockdown with virtually no support from the other 30 odd members.
    I honestly feel your pain
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • briantrumpet
    Pross said:

Pross said:

See also rugby clubs!

That's quite a small pool to recruit from. Who out of the six of you is the most devious/charming/persuasive?