Willhub's looking for a bird.

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
It's ok, I've not lost my pet parrot.

I've tried POF and frankly I'd probably find it easier to win the Tour de France. And you must think I'm mad, desperate, insane (specify more if you wish) for trying on a cycling forum, the local cake eaters thought I should give it a go, quite a few explicit posts had to be ignorantly ignored, so I thought, well there is nothing to loose, I'm currently in my chilling out time listening to a bit of Tom Jones & The Cardigans.

You know, any nice pretty friendly cycling girlies out there want to go for a steady bike ride sometime, I'm everywhere, York, Manchester, London, contrary to what people who know me think I can go slow, medium & fast, I don't ride fast all the time, nothing like a nice steady ride free of segments. And if you want I can put a posh accent on to hide the Yorkshireness.

What else, I'm a nice person, my posts make me seem like a barsteward though. I don't know what else to say, I'm kinds risking mega humiliation posting this ain't I?

Comments

• Yes!!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    willhub wrote:
    It's ok, I've not lost my pet parrot.

I've tried POF and frankly I'd probably find it easier to win the Tour de France. And you must think I'm mad, desperate, insane (specify more if you wish) for trying on a cycling forum, the local cake eaters thought I should give it a go, quite a few explicit posts had to be ignorantly ignored, so I thought, well there is nothing to loose, I'm currently in my chilling out time listening to a bit of Tom Jones & The Cardigans.

You know, any nice pretty friendly cycling girlies out there want to go for a steady bike ride sometime, I'm everywhere, York, Manchester, London, contrary to what people who know me think I can go slow, medium & fast, I don't ride fast all the time, nothing like a nice steady ride free of segments. And if you want I can put a posh accent on to hide the Yorkshireness.

What else, I'm a nice person, my posts make me seem like a barsteward though. I don't know what else to say, I'm kinds risking mega humiliation posting this ain't I?

Yes
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Fevmeister wrote:
    Yes!!
    Are you accepting a date with Will?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Fevmeister wrote:
    Yes!!
    Are you accepting a date with Will?

Looks like he'll have to fight Tailwindhome for the date with Willhub!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Quick Question if I may. What is POF?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    What's POF?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Stag on
    Stag on Posts: 99
    I believe the OP is referring to Plenty of Fish. The Special Brew of dating sites, I believe, not that I have used it having been spoken for for over 4 years now.

And I got ridiculed on here for my "Silly Commuter Romance" thread.... :roll:

Popcorn and beer popped - in your own time, carry on.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Plenty Of Faggots
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Another thing, women don't really like to be called birds. I think they prefer chick.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • willhub
    I know, bird is a pretty horrible word I just stick to calling them girls/woman.
  • Didn't I read something about a receptionist on here. I'm pretty sure that she'd be up for it.

Whatever it might be
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Dating on here is so 2009, and contrary to popular belief I didn't scare all the burds (proper way to spell it) they all found partners on here, split up and eventually moved on. Well that or got duffed Spacebadger and LondonLiv.

PinkPedal is a stunner...

What you looking for a girlfriend or the girlfriend experience (GFE)?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • willhub
    What's the diffo between a girlfriend and a girlfriend experience lol?

I think I'm not good looking enough, I think that's why I can't get a girlfriend, here, let me get my spade and look at my POF profile:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=32655805
  • Sex groomer alert!

Sex groomer alert!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Sex groomer alert!

Sex groomer alert!
    Huh, GT hasn't even posted yet.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Well, just so we're clear, the alert is *to* the sex groomers: grab whatcha got, cos there're slim pickins and a new player in town.

Batten down and chain up!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • willhub
    What's a sex groomer and who is? I thought a groomer is a bit like Jimmy Savile.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    5'11"? Hmmm? Maybe a touch short for MsManc.

Things must be pretty bad to be touting yourself on here, but you're a young'un.
    You've got plenty of time to meet some drunken young lady at the student's union, have a fumble in the cab back to your place, forget her name and have to rummage through her handbag when she is in the loo in an effort to find her purse which hopefully has some sort of ID with her name, so that when she returns from the toilet and checks that you know her name before she gets carnal with you, can say "Laura (?)" because the only ID you could find only had her first initial.

That is the way to find your one true love, right?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Things must be pretty bad to be touting yourself on here, but you're a young'un.
    You've got plenty of time to meet some drunken young lady at the student's union, have a fumble in the cab back to your place, forget her name and have to rummage through her handbag when she is in the loo in an effort to find her purse which hopefully has some sort of ID with her name, so that when she returns from the toilet and checks that you know her name before she gets carnal with you, can say "Laura (?)" because the only ID you could find only had her first initial.

How did you get out of it when you realised it was Elisabeth?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    dhope wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

How did you get out of it when you realised it was Elisabeth?

A different person and about 15 years apart. Still impressed with my guess though.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Are there actually any gyals (correct way to spell it) on here or are we posting in a real sausage 'fest?
  • willhub
    south-park-cartman-crying.jpg
  • veronese68
    Sausage fest. How is LiT?
    Back to the matter in hand, not that I know much about it. Will, you need to meet real life laydees in person. If you want to meet the cycling type join a cycling club in the right area.
    Presumably you now have a job. What kind of social scene is there around said employment? Can you get a part time job somewhere more sociable? When I were a lad I met loads of girls when I worked part time in a busy pub. I think you said you're not much of a drinker, how about a coffe shop or something. Don't think of it as a job, more as an opening into another social scene.
    Good luck anyway. Life is so much easier as a married old git without these worries.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Lol, the height's not so bad, and I've been out with guys younger than me, but 23 is a bit too young.

Will - your profile looks fine, and the photo does too. Just don't lie on your form - the one internet date I went on years ago was totally disastrous because of this. He said he was 5ft11 - he was 5ft5. He said he was slim, he was anything but. He said he was 41, he was 48. He used a mates photo. He turned up for the date in combat shorts, red Converse and a Pantera teeshirt. That was the quickest double vodka and tonic I've ever drunk in my life.

So as long as you're honest, you'll get on fine. Good luck! :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • fevmeister
    fevmeister Posts: 353
    edited November 2012
    Does being taller make a man more appealing

Edit: to make mr. Cinelli happy
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • veronese68
    Fevmeister wrote:
    Does being taller make a man more appealing
    Without a shadow of doubt.
    Correction is invalid if you meant someone had shrunk.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    This is gold!

why didn't i log on last night...
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Jesus, from the first post I was expecting OP to be in his 40s.
    23 and you're having to advertise on a cycling forum?
    Just end the pain now.
    teamamericahammer.png
    Fevmeister wrote:
    Does been taller make a man more appealing
    Almost as much as being able to use the correct words.