The 'let it all out' thread - who do you hate the most?

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Valverde. Horrible man.

he got my vote too. Of course I don't "hate" him really. He does seem pretty despicable though.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cavendish for me.

Luckily you didn't put Jens on the list or I would've been torn

And it's unfair poor old Ricco doesn't even get to compete.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Had to be Contador. Its that simpering, whinging puppy dog expression that makes me hurl. Oh....and do you know he is a drug cheat that was let off by the UCI, and his own federation, with a slap on the hand??? Oh, you did.

Why Cav???? I dont remember him cheating anyone. Also, rather than a media slick automaton, you get someone who says how he feels after a race. Sometimes he has to apologise for swearing or bad mouthing but hey, he is being real. There again, I suppose Its a bit like Team Sky, people dont like the Brits to be good at anything. They have to be knocked down.
  • iainf72
    mike6 wrote:
    Had to be Contador. Its that simpering, whinging puppy dog expression that makes me hurl. Oh....and do you know he is a drug cheat that was let off by the UCI, and his own federation, with a slap on the hand??? Oh, you did.

Why Cav???? I dont remember him cheating anyone. Also, rather than a media slick automaton, you get someone who says how he feels after a race. Sometimes he has to apologise for swearing or bad mouthing but hey, he is being real. There again, I suppose Its a bit like Team Sky, people dont like the Brits to be good at anything. They have to be knocked down.

You know it was the UCI that appealed the Spanish federation verdict and his ban was delivered by CAS, right?

It's got nothing to do with that. I just don't like him as he rubs me up the wrong way. Some folks who've been behind the scenes have kinda confirmed my bias for me anyway.

I hate Voeckler too :P
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    mike6 wrote:
    There again, I suppose Its a bit like Team Sky, people dont like the Brits to be good at anything. They have to be knocked down.

This is probably true, not sure how you can hate Cav, surely one of the best bike riders this nation has produced? Fair enough he has a little paddy every now and again but him over McQuaid or Arsetrong?
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Has to be The Hog - nothing to do with doping - everything to do with his smug face, Cobbles branded clothing and most of all writing a book titled We Might As Well Win with the tag line On the Road to Success with the Mastermind Behind a Record-Setting Eight Tour de France Victories

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Don't really like Gilbert.

Any particular reason why?

Not really. He's an exciting rider I guess. I remember enjoying him in the 2011 Tour, but it was more as a "look at my classics boy showing these Tour riders what it's all about" way.

He's horrifically boring in interviews. God knows who will pay for his interviews.

I'm a bit of a contrarian so it's probably a bit that too.
  • Neale1978
    Neale1978 Posts: 484
    I hate threads like this one that focus on the bad aspects of our sport and slate or bicker about people within it. I hate war and government corruption.. genocide.. pedophilia.. narrow mindedness.. negativity..

blah blah blah ha ha :roll:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    At the moment the most annoying for me is McQuaid. Can we add Andy Parsons off Mock the Week?
  • mfin
    neale1978 wrote:
    I hate threads like this one that focus on the bad aspects of our sport and slate or bicker about people within it. I hate war and government corruption.. genocide.. pedophilia.. narrow mindedness.. negativity..

Maybe go on corruptionradar, genocideradar, paedophiliaradar, narrowmindednessradar etc then?

Fact is, lots of people are annoyed by various people in the sport and the massive majority of those figures relating to doping. When the sport's being ripped apart by doping scandals this is what happens, plus, remember, the season's ended and the doping scandals have made pages and pages in national newspapers, its big.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Valv.Piti definately - brazen filthy dirty cheating unrepentant dope fuelled c**t

edit :wink:

But only a bit
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Neale1978
    Neale1978 Posts: 484
    mfin wrote:
    neale1978 wrote:

Maybe go on corruptionradar, genocideradar, paedophiliaradar, narrowmindednessradar etc then?

Fact is, lots of people are annoyed by various people in the sport and the massive majority of those figures relating to doping. When the sport's being ripped apart by doping scandals this is what happens, plus, remember, the season's ended and the doping scandals have made pages and pages in national newspapers, its big.

I agree with you of course but not everyone has a good enough reason to hate riders at times thats all
  • mfin
    Yeah, think we all mean a very casual use of the word 'hate' though in most cases y'know. Let's hope Dennis doesn't appear and start going on about people's 'hate' like it affect's their lives etc!

I 'hate' kids spitting in the street as much as I 'hate' McQuaid for coming out with bullsh1t every time he speaks for instance. I think its more 'who gets your back up the most' than 'hate' that this is about.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Big LOL to the votes on this thread. Pretty sad if you can muster up 'hate' for someone like Contador. You'd find yourselves all holding counter opinions to the majority of pros in the sport.

conta2.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    first - Armstrong, beleived he was bigger than the sport and (by the looks of it) was /is an odious bully. terrible drug cheat as well.
    Second - Valverde. scum
    third - pat benatar.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Big LOL to the votes on this thread. Pretty sad if you can muster up 'hate' for someone like Contador. You'd find yourselves all holding counter opinions to the majority of pros in the sport.
    Yes, but if this thread has established anything it's that the majority of pros in the sport are hateful wankers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mfin
    I don't understand, how many pros are there in cycling? Hundreds and hundreds, perhaps 1000s?? (i dont know), have over half of these people come out and vouched for Contador in saying they like him? Has there been a survey? No.

There's obviously a lot of people who dislike him on here, I guess that's because of his lack of integrity, his history, his lying, and with the odd 'well, he's just a pecker' thrown in.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

Btw, how would you describe Lance then?

I reckon all your School Reports must have said something along the lines of "Thom is an intelligent little lad but his results are so poor as he never answers the f**king question!"

But anyway, Similar - but I don't have to watch him anymore so I can forget about him. Hopefully, now can the rest of the world...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I dislike Armstrong, but I reserve my hate for those people who just can't stop bloody talking about him.

:wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • It is, and probably always will be, Lance.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    mfin wrote:
    I don't understand, how many pros are there in cycling? Hundreds and hundreds, perhaps 1000s?? (i dont know), have over half of these people come out and vouched for Contador in saying they like him? Has there been a survey? No.

There's obviously a lot of people who dislike him on here, I guess that's because of his lack of integrity, his history, his lying, and with the odd 'well, he's just a pecker' thrown in.

And lets face it, pros have a really good record for honesty don't they.

Just a few months ago how many were sticking up for Armstrong (in public). I reckon if you had an anonymous poll amongst pros you'd find that people like Contador were nowehere near as popular as some of the somewhat myopic people on this forum would have you believe

Unfortunately despite what's happened over the last few weeks, there's still an overriding culture of omerta and not crapping on your own doorstep
  • iainf72
    dsoutar wrote:
    Just a few months ago how many were sticking up for Armstrong (in public). I reckon if you had an anonymous poll amongst pros you'd find that people like Contador were nowehere near as popular as some of the somewhat myopic people on this forum would have you believe

No, he his generally fairly well liked among the riders. He's a very "nice" man by all accounts.

And I'm not much of a fan.
  • Hmmm, can't see John Terry or Chelsea Football Club on that list.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Went for Cav. Contador etc lying scumbag drugs cheats, but what the hell.

Cav's only a sprinter amongst a number of other sprinters. And sprinters are boring. They distort the whole sport with their gurning efforts to cross the line a tyre's width ahead of another boring sprinter. And then everyone gets all excited about "The Manx Missile", the fastest man in the world on a bike, blah, blah, blah...boring.

And then idiots ask you ('cos you're following the TdF) "Why isn't Cav in yellow if he's the fastest?" and other dumb questions.
    He's not the messiah, he's only a sprinter. And that's boring.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Easy choice for me, but won't say who.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • iainf72
    phil s wrote:
    Easy choice for me, but won't say who.

I've got your back phil

:P
  • Can we put Andy Murray on the list?
  • Haha, we need for Contador to reach 50%. This poll is not credible if it doesn't. Such fun!

ab.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    ddraver wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

Btw, how would you describe Lance then?

I reckon all your School Reports must have said something along the lines of "Thom is an intelligent little lad but his results are so poor as he never answers the f**king question!"

K7Kku.gif
  • Went for Cav. Contador etc lying scumbag drugs cheats, but what the hell.

Cav's only a sprinter amongst a number of other sprinters. And sprinters are boring. They distort the whole sport with their gurning efforts to cross the line a tyre's width ahead of another boring sprinter. And then everyone gets all excited about "The Manx Missile", the fastest man in the world on a bike, blah, blah, blah...boring.

And then idiots ask you ('cos you're following the TdF) "Why isn't Cav in yellow if he's the fastest?" and other dumb questions.
    He's not the messiah, he's only a sprinter. And that's boring.

+1 got to agree with this. Although i dont dislike Cav, i do think him in particular is often overrated and excuses are made when he loses. When he wins hes the 'fastest man on the planet'..Manx Missile and all that b*llocks, then when he loses it was because he had a bad lead out train, its not his fault, they were tired, the hills were a bit too big..blah..blah.
    Fact is, hes a good sprinter yes, but when i look at, when he won the green jersey everyone thought it an amazing achievement, but then i saw Sagan win it this year practically on one wheel, doing donuts and wheelies, without much effort it seemed and you almost got the impression he threw the green jersey in the back of his bedroom wardrobe and completely forgot about it, like it was nothing. Whereas Cavs is probably in a frame on his wall with a gold plaque underneath with Manx Missile engraved on it.

Also, those glasses he wears dont fool me, hes not bright so its a weak disguise, along with the 'quiet persona' he likes to portray off the bike when really hes a bit of a gobshjte on it and a prima donna. He went down in my estimation when the BBC guy asked him if tiredness played a part in the Olympic road race loss, following the TDF the week before, where turned round to slate the guy saying did he know anything about cycling?? To me it was a perfectly good question, Cav should have realised that this is the BBC, where they barely show cycling, so people watching are uneducated and probably didnt realise the TDF only finished the week before. But Cavs response was spoilt little brat. Regardless of the ins and outs of road racing, he shouldnt have reacted like that. If hes so good then why let a huge group get away to begin with, where was the 'fastest man on the planet' then? It was just more excuses.

Also, hes shjt in the hills, whereas Sagan can almost compete with the best of them. And im going to stick my neck out and say from the underlying tones i get from Wiggins, i would say they arent best of mates and he was quite happy to see Cav leave SKY so they didnt have to drag his ars£ up mountains and carry him and his ego.