The Red Rocket...Epic content 3rd Spec edition new pics

Comments

• Nice bikes. Is tintin also known as Prince William in his day job, lol!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Eh?

Basically the other group I go riding with insist I wear a lid else no ride... Safety first there moto
  • Anonymous
    Nice bikes. Is tintin also known as Prince William in his day job, lol!

No comment.
  • Anonymous
    looking good thou, ive put the 120's on the front of mine now, can yours space up to 120 ? if they can you should give it a go.[/quote]

I did have a set of mint 120mm Sid team from my trek build, however the stearer tube was 10mm to short so had to sell them on.
  • Anonymous
    looking good thou, ive put the 120's on the front of mine now, can yours space up to 120 ? if they can you should give it a go.

I did have a set of mint 120mm Sid team from my trek build, however the stearer tube was 10mm to short so had to sell them on.[/quote]
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Is that Salisbury plain training area in the background ?

Also I have a camber 2011 I can't see much difference in the frame? Basically the same apart from the paint job
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • Nice bikes. Is tintin also known as Prince William in his day job, lol!
    Omfg !!!
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • Why spend so much on a nice bike but then not wear something that would cost about £30 to protect your nut, in my opinion if you are riding out in the wilds without a lid it is a bit selfish and a strain on the emergency services and mountain rescue.

You might not "Like wearing one" but I bet you would like being dead or in a coma less.
  • Anonymous
    sigorman85 wrote:
    Is that Salisbury plain training area in the background ?

Also I have a camber 2011 I can't see much difference in the frame? Basically the same apart from the paint job

Yeah the frame is similar in design. However the epic series's are purely race orientated and are lighter,
    Also cambers don't have brain technology. There still nice though

As for the area yep your correct SPTA
  • Anonymous
    toastedone wrote:
    Why spend so much on a nice bike but then not wear something that would cost about £30 to protect your nut, in my opinion if you are riding out in the wilds without a lid it is a bit selfish and a strain on the emergency services and mountain rescue.

You might not "Like wearing one" but I bet you would like being dead or in a coma less.

Nail on head there buddy!

I do own a helmet, if I was going to take a trip to Coed y Brenin or Afan then without a doubt I would wear a lid,

Route selection I take into consideration as well, other groups I go with no helmet no ride policy.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Oh god, let's not turn it into a helmet wearing debate! For pootling around fireroads as in the photos I can see why you'd not wear one. It's the OP's choice.

The emergency services thing is bollocks frankly, if you crash hard enough to need to call them out the odds are that a helmet would have not prevented all the injuries anyway!

The Camber is cheaper, it's M4, not M5, has a straight 1.125" headtube, doesn't have the brain, has 120mm travel, includes guides for a dropper post and is designed around a longer fork.

But yes, otherwise it's the same ;-)
  • sigorman85
    Oh thought so I used to be in 2rtr at tidworth but I wasn't In To Xc then....
    Nice bike tho
    An wear a lid b4 it's to late
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• Anonymous
    sigorman85 wrote:
    Oh thought so I used to be in 2rtr at tidworth but I wasn't In To Xc then....
    Nice bike tho
    An wear a lid b4 it's to late

See I do we're a lid... :mrgreen:
    image-9.jpg
  • sbd16v
    sbd16v Posts: 93
    njee20 wrote:
    The emergency services thing is **** frankly, if you crash hard enough to need to call them out the odds are that a helmet would have not prevented all the injuries anyway!

sorry but i dont agree at all with that statment, i have a 6 inch scare across my head that required 22 internal stiches and 18 on the ouside, a night in hospital and a very swallen head for a good few weeks.

there was not a single mark on me other than my head injury, im sure we can agree i would not have substained that injury with a helmet on.

each to there own on wearing helmets its a shame more people cannot understand that althou the helmet might not save your life it can help alot in a crash.
  • Anonymous
    edited October 2012
    Enough said on this matter lads...

SBD16v
    Don't suppose those SIDS are for sale ?
  • sbd16v
    Enough said on his matter lads...

SBD16v

althou tempting as im a little skint after this month lol (also spent 500 on trackday tyres this month lol)

but ive put them on my comuting bike sorry mate whats wrong with the fox's ?
  • sigorman85
    Like ta see ya wear that on a Xc bike be funny

• Anonymous
    sbd16v wrote:
    Enough said on his matter lads...

SBD16v

althou tempting as im a little skint after this month lol (also spent 500 on trackday tyres this month lol)

but ive put them on my comuting bike sorry mate whats wrong with the fox's ?

Nowt wrong with the fox forks just prefer SIDS..

Wot motor do u have I'm also a petrol head
  • sbd16v
    quick off topic lol

i lost the time for track days really with 2 kids and now living in plymouth(so closest track is combe), so i broke my trackday car and bought a more everyday car i can use on track so have this now

rob13.jpg

quite basic mods but works well gaz coilovers, uprated pads new ARB's and 280 ish bhp works well as a fast road car i can use on track but i found i was overheating the tyres on track last time so ive bought my old 888's back off a mate i sold them to.

this is my old track car yes i do like vauxhalls lol

8caeec4b.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

this had a little over 400bhp and alot of time and money put into it lol
  • Anonymous
    I used to own an ACT in the best color Europa blue,
    Used to be on AOC forum under blueflamepaul went to loads of meets and Pvs got loads of pics on face book
    Do miss it was running Regal stage 3 back then.
    With irmsher air dam bumper and rare rear apron
    Uprated clutch flywheel Vxr turbo injectors afm I'k 24 plugs list goes on
    IMG00863-20100626-1023.jpg
    IMG00592-20100313-1140.jpg
  • sbd16v
    cool

mines running a phase 3.5 map atm, vxr turbo etc etc ive recently got all the software to map my ecu myself not flash maps actuall writing, ive got the old engine from the gte that i shall put into it at some point on an evo turbo and head for around 350 bhp.

but atm im to into the bikes LOL
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Er, bike forum.
  • sigorman85
    The ashtrays lol have 2 different plates in the pics you have put up ! Just saying lol

• I used to own an ACT in the best color Europa blue,
    Used to be on AOC forum under blueflamepaul went to loads of meets and Pvs got loads of pics on face book
    Do miss it was running Regal stage 3 back then.
    With irmsher air dam bumper and rare rear apron
    Uprated clutch flywheel Vxr turbo injectors afm I'k 24 plugs list goes on
    IMG00863-20100626-1023.jpg
    IMG00592-20100313-1140.jpg

Is that my old FTO in the first pic ! In the reflect shot !!
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • sbd16v
    sigorman85 wrote:
    The ashtrays lol have 2 different plates in the pics you have put up ! Just saying lol

I would hope so one was my car one was raceface's lol
  • Anonymous
    Back on track now please boys ;)
    Might be purchasing a set of Sid forks to replace the current fox set up..
  • Anonymous
    sbd16v wrote:
    sigorman85 wrote:

I would hope so one was my car one was raceface's lol

We need to start your motor thread 8)
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Far too much 'lol'ing going on. LOL.

Why would you change to SIDs? Unless there's a problem with the Fox don't waste your money I say, having had both recently, there's not much in it!
  • Anonymous
    njee20 wrote:

Why would you change to SIDs? Unless there's a problem with the Fox don't waste your money I say, having had both recently, there's not much in it!

Was looking at a set of Sid teams with carbon sanctions in black but tbh weighing up the options the Fox are staying on,
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    njee20 wrote:

You are advising Racefacegt not to waste his money? Ha ha ha!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.