Show us your winter bikes!!

Comments

• thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Shaun67 wrote:
    The only things taken was my Tarmac and a chainsaw !!!!! The wife's Specialized, my son's Giant XTC Jnr, my little girl's Hotrock 20, my Scott Scale 30 and the Boradman all still hung on the wall, now was that lucky.
    That is weird. Where do you live? Last April I had my bike stolen and my chainsaw and nothing else from my garage! I feel for you mate!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I got the front Crud MkII to fit without rubbing...

IMGP00052_zps6dfca70e.jpg
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Been meaning to post this for a few months. Went out for 25 miles this morning. Roads were nice and quiet but a lot of walkers shambling about 3 abreast.

Genesis Day One disc

As original spec except for the Specialized BG saddle, Schwalbe Marathon racer tyres and Bontrager mudguards.

2hi79f7.jpg

The mudguards are very good - very like the SKS ones you usually see - they were just what the shop I used had. Took a while to get them around the brakes - you can see that i bent the stays to do that. Totally solid now and good and long so keep me clean.

Very pleased with it. The brakes are fiddly to set up but work very well - especially in miserable weather.

The tyres are very good too. They weren't cheap but I took off the knobbly Continentals and changed them for these 35mm slicker ones. They roll nicely and have good grip in the wet and have enough tread for gravel paths. This morning I was on a muddy path and struggled a bit. I wanted good p******* resistance too as it's a real fiddle to get the wheels off - you have to push the wheel forward to get the chain off then slide it back and carefully drop it past the mudguards then retension everything. Thankfully haven't had to do that yet.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Here's mine, finished over Christmas. Colnago C96 with Veloce groupo and Mirage shifters

Ignore the headset spacer, new one on order. Also it now has a Selle Italia TurboMatic saddle.

ColC96_zps5370a8c3.jpg
  • 2013-01-09135308_zpscbebff08.jpg

2007 litespeed Siena 54cm Compact frame.
    Full Ultegra 6600 groupset, 53-39 and 12-25.
    Mavic Aksium WTS.
    Crudcatcher II.
    Charge spoon saddle.
    ITM bars and stem.
    105 pedals.

Old grey bottle on seattube has pump, tubes, levers etc.

Taken outside Stockbury in Kent Thursday 10 January.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Didn't buy that Litespeed from Wildside, did you?
  • Didn't buy that Litespeed from Wildside, did you?

No, JE James back in 2007. why ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Flambes
    Flambes Posts: 191
    Two winter bikes, one my Focus Cayo (from about 2008) for days that aren't quite good enough for my best bike. Recent additions are a (cascaded from best bike) Ritchey WCS stem (yes I know it's red, but it's only my winter bike), and some DT Swiss R1700 wheels (bit of a steal from Ebay). Ultegra / 105 / RaceFace drivetrain. About 19lbs.

FocusWinter.JPG

Next for really grotty days (i.e. today), is my "Pub bike", based around a parts bin assembled Ambrosio Guido 7005 Alu frame, Aksium Rear wheel, Rolf Vector Pro front, Flat bars, Ultegra / 10 speed SLX drivetrain, full mudguards, (and an attachment for tag-a-long if you were wondering!) and comes in at a thigh busting 25lbs! Doesn't feel that heavy though. (BTW, the saddle is level, just the way I took the photo).

PubBike.JPG
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    quick pic of my winter bike - its now fitted with cruds and fulcrum 5`s and very dirty
    cube.jpg
    i need more bikes
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    ben16v wrote:
    quick pic of my winter bike - its now fitted with cruds and fulcrum 5`s and very dirty
    cube.jpg

Tut tut, Stella - On a German bike? Save it for a Ridley or a Merckx . What you need are a couple of bottles of Warsteiner!!
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    first ride on the winter bike since late March...

2013-09-13%2012.25.12.jpg
  • Cannibalised my good bike to build up a winter bike, with a view to picking up some fancier bits for the good bike (SRAM force) between now and the beginning of next season...

attachment.php?attachmentid=271733&d=1379169705

Seen here sporting tubs and no mudguards for the final race of the season tomorrow morning!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    306740_540933809281414_1481817133_n.jpg

That's your winter bike and you live in Scotland :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Clearly not been out this week - I spent last Saturday getting all the leafy crap off my white bike.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • its done 200 odd miles this week.... :)

only road bike i have at the moment, so ill ride it right through...itll no melt lol
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    its done 200 odd miles this week.... :)

only road bike i have at the moment, so ill ride it right through...itll no melt lol

When I read your reply, that last bit came out a Rab C Nesbitt voice, sorry :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    1185571_10153143844100532_2020906233_n.jpg
    Ex-display Dolan Pref bargain, ITM forks off Ebay, mix of Ultegra 6600 and 105, Planet X AL30 wheels, Deda fininishing kit and now fitted with some proper SKS fixed mudguards.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    trek_dan wrote:
    Ex-display Dolan Pref bargain, ITM forks off Ebay, mix of Ultegra 6600 and 105, Planet X AL30 wheels, Deda fininishing kit and now fitted with some proper SKS fixed mudguards.

You really do need to change your name now ;)
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    My effort canyon al with sram red.
    canyon002_zpsbf2a87f4.jpg
    canyon001_zpsb3ea3b99.jpg
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • markyone wrote:

Flippin ek, if that is your Winter ride is a Dogma your summer?
  • Winter bike/commuter coming soon...

CBPXKAFF2RIV_P1.jpg

With Planet X stem & Seatpost upgraded.
  • markyone
    leodis75 wrote:
    markyone wrote:

france037_zps1e68f06f.jpg
    No dogma here
  • markyone wrote:
    leodis75 wrote:
    markyone wrote:

No dogma here

Like a boss!
  • er fellas?..........do winter bikes in this country of ours not have mudguards these days?! Think what you like about how they 'look'.......if it ain't got 'guards do not call it a 'winter bike'. :wink:
  • markyone
    er fellas?..........do winter bikes in this country of ours not have mudguards these days?! Think what you like about how they 'look'.......if it ain't got 'guards do not call it a 'winter bike'. :wink:
    My guards are ready to go on but not needed at the moment
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    2bu0.jpg

Definitely need mudguards for winter riding .
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    A proper winter bike, at last. Caked in mud too which is how they should be!

I still haven't cleaned my winter bike since last winter, I'll probably just leave it now.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    markyone wrote:
    leodis75 wrote:
    markyone wrote:

No dogma here

Sorry but a Colnago C59 is NOT a winter bike.....a proper winter bike has proper mudguards !!!
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    null_zpse3996c55.jpg
    Now sporting a bigger gear of 49:16

Got to say I love it, take it off road a bit too...
    null_zps4ae7808d.jpg