Hamilton's autobiography *spoilers*

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,329
    bipedal wrote:
    After all... it might help the Danish Federation regain some credibility:
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12750 ... itive.aspx

Harsh.
    If it had been the UCI or USAC you'd never had heard about it. Despite the guy's position of influence he's been caught and has resigned. It also looks like it's quite possible it's a fairly genuine cock-up, rather than deliberate cheating.

Credibility is catching people doping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Hamilton book says he & 2 others saw George Hincapie put packet in fridge. Upon inspection it contained syringes and ampules labeled EPO.

via NYDNSPortsITeam
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-ad ... tml?page=1

I reallllly want to read this now. The fact 9 other people have agreed what's in the book is accurate is damning
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    ...and another review...

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/media/books/Keyes-hamilton-the-secret-race.html?page=1

Oh dear, oh dear... looks like more trouble for UCI/LA

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    You read it and empathise with the rider in question ... But like Millar et al, the motive leaves it mere soap opera stuff ...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    iainf72 wrote:
    I shouldn't be surprised, but it never fails to amaze me how ghetto blood doping is. Storing it in your fridge, using dead blood and having the phone ready in case something goes wrong. And that's with paying a lot of money for help.

Horrible business.

Completely agree, the dead blood part just brings back the 'health' to the fore.

I hope Hamilton finds peace in what must have been such a difficult process to go through, full respect to him for what he's done and I hope he can endure the backlash he'll get from some quarters who will have no right to attack him.

He'll always have the criticism levelled against him that he'll profit from his book, but I hope everyone will remember he's helped the sport here. Plus, with his personal battle with depression etc added to what must be so much pressure from others and upon himself, I genuinely feel for the guy.
  • looking forward to reading that. However, it's sad to see that the "flat earth society" on the review comments page just won't accept what is being said.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Wonder what Tyler will say about "Cecco"?
  • mfin
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9518947/Lance-Armstrong-book-to-be-amended-for-UK.html

Apparently the UK version is edited a bit cos of our Libel laws... not that it matters, cos we can find out the differences to the US version on tinternet
  • mfin
    648575938.jpg?key=640480&Expires=1346731043&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=ZugwW7~zN9I8Phu~ie-xavWJ2iBoQfFYmP~i-r5NsfI-UeP6id63X8cvbrqPB8RWpG11vgeGRGBBTJEYQzF1Jsqa4xxgpqfobwqZNpyXgSz8Wrrh~g-MAlvyKaHxJ1z38Fti76evKXnFGzN31gnoLJezf7~B4Xhh6sXjSzHRn8M_

Betsy A apparently tweeted this... reckon she's got a sense of humour :)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    mfin wrote:
    648575938.jpg?key=640480&Expires=1346731043&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=ZugwW7~zN9I8Phu~ie-xavWJ2iBoQfFYmP~i-r5NsfI-UeP6id63X8cvbrqPB8RWpG11vgeGRGBBTJEYQzF1Jsqa4xxgpqfobwqZNpyXgSz8Wrrh~g-MAlvyKaHxJ1z38Fti76evKXnFGzN31gnoLJezf7~B4Xhh6sXjSzHRn8M_

Betsy A apparently tweeted this... reckon she's got a sense of humour :)
    She may well have done, what about a pic we can see though?
  • mfin wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/9518947/Lance-Armstrong-book-to-be-amended-for-UK.html

Apparently the UK version is edited a bit cos of our Libel laws... not that it matters, cos we can find out the differences to the US version on tinternet

Boo. Mind you, I'm less interested in the who than in the how so as long as all they've done is anonymise it...

Andy
  • mfin
    bompington wrote:
    She may well have done, what about a pic we can see though?

Pics showing on mine... I can upload it somewhere else and re-post rather than link to the pic if you like? (does it not show for you now or was it temporary ???)

EDIT: Hang on its disappeared for me too now... I'll upload it in a bit!!

EDIT AGAIN::: See Below??? (I actually downloaded the image last night just on an inkling it might not be there long!).

648575938.jpg
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    mfin wrote:
    <image>

That's well funny! Best of luck to them!

PS: Certain passages in hamilton's book are rephrased in the UK edition as per tough libel laws..
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    So Blazing - you spent some time in the asylum right?

Want to persuade on or two of them to whack it up in the internet we can fill in the gaps in our more censored version?
  • Can't you just order from amazon.com instead of .co.uk?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    Can't you just order from amazon.com instead of .co.uk?

Yeah but that involves paying money.

Me=cheapskate.
  • skylla

yes
  • skylla
    possibly minor alterations, but edited to take out some of the sting nonetheless:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... or-UK.html
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Will it be out on Kindle ?

Me=cheapskate.

But surely you'd be buying it anyway?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey

Me=cheapskate.

Not if some yank puts it up on the internet.

See where I'm going with this?
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    edited September 2012
    cougie wrote:
    Will it be out on Kindle ?
    Not showing in the Kindle store at the moment.

Edit: although it is in the kindle store on amazon.com which I assume will be the US version of the book.

Me=cheapskate.

Not if some yank puts it up on the internet.

See where I'm going with this?

The Spanish Main? Eyepatch? Parrot on the shoulder?

You sicken me.

@gietvangent
  • http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arvesen-understands-riis-and-csc-doubts

Arveson steps outside the usual Sky line, Sastre chucks Riis under a bus, obliquely.

@gietvangent
  • Hmmm. There'll be more and more of this, the more that people say what they really think, the better.

Always liked Arveson. Bloody decent bike rider (with or without saddle) and has always seemed a straight kind of guy.
  • I really liked the Sastre line. Says it all without really saying anything.

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    For those of you who didn't/can't hit the link link.gif

“In the end, it was Hamilton who took the chance,” he told sporten.dk. “It’s not Bjarne’s fault, it’s Hamilton’s fault. If I told you that you had to jump off a bridge, would you do it?”
  • Before adding
    I did not cross the bridge

@gietvangent
  • Before adding
    I did not cross the bridge
    Is he inferring Riis offered him passage across the bridge?