RichN95 wrote:
    tumblr_n122zgzo4g1qzsrjlo1_400.jpg
    Even earlier (with a familar figure in the middle too):
    fab-junior.jpg

Lol, that is quite some hair.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Junior TT is a better indicator of future talent than the RR isn't it?

Pippo was on the podium in both in '98 wasn't he? Damiano won the RR the year after too (and was a very useful junior cross country runner, which may also be a good indicator of talent). Having said all that, as Matt Rendell's Pantani biography shows, the junior scene in Italy may not have been (be?) the cleanest - that said, massive feilds and superfast racing are a major factor.
  • Booner69
    Booner69 Posts: 31
    mroli wrote:
    I think this is from the ttt champs last in Toscana. Anyone know who she is?
    tumblr_mzfvsaLtRE1qatpcmo3_1280.jpg
    photo: Wei Yuet
    Esra Tromp? http://www.rtvdrenthe.nl/nieuws/wielrenster-tromp-naar-parkhotel-ladies

Yes, it is Esra Tromp..
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    ^^That link sounds like they are sponsored by a hotel 'restroom' (to use the americanism).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    armstrong_xray.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    armstrong_xray.jpg

Vockler was my gues but the URL gave me the answer
  • Almost five years ago, as he broke his a couple of days after I broke mine. And that's five years on Tuesday
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Almost five years ago, as he broke his a couple of days after I broke mine. And that's five years on Tuesday

This seem very easy for you to remember. Tell me, did you do this to the man? As some kind of revenge for something he'd might have done to you.. Like breaking your collarbone..?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I guess that's all titanium. Is that not cheating?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    RideOnTime wrote:
    I guess that's all titanium. Is that not cheating?

It is. And imagine what those numbers are made out of.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    ^ :) EPO, I had to look it up...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    579209_813637981983912_1894478786_n.jpg

:lol:

Mismatched tyres and old campag to boot.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ^Not to mention the glasses under the straps. :shock:

Floyd fail!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Is that an old USPS helmet too?
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    The guy behind Floyd looks like he his riding in sneakers :shock:

Mind you he is about the same shape Cav has been in the last few months.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    How the mighty have fallen!
  • rayjay
    Paul 8v wrote:
    How the mighty have fallen!

It's quite sad when you see the likes of Landis , Rasmussen etc. They never got to race again at a high level

So many other dopers managed to carry on under the radar.

He obviously loves riding his bike, it's a shame to see talented rider's being undone by the politics and culture of sport
  • Paul 8v
    Yeah, I wasn't around for the Landis years but from what I've heard he is less of a villain than Lance. (Not that that's too hard...)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    At least he is riding on "feel".
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Yeah, I wasn't around for the Landis years but from what I've heard he is less of a villain than Lance. (Not that that's too hard...)

In Cycle of Lies, it basically says their attitude to doping was the same. Floyd has admitted that - He said he would've done the same thing, only difference is he would've admitted it when caught.

Physically amazingly talented, but completely unhinged. And that's why he did what he did.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rayjay
    The Landis story is actually pretty amazing.

What an upbringing. He loved riding his bike and THAT stage win his still my favourite of all tour wins.

It was incredible. I was at that tour that year and and was on my way back home that day thinking that it was all over for Floyd. I watched it when I got home and could not believe the turn around. It was brilliant.
    I should have stayed another day ,,,I was gutted.
  • rayjay
    iainf72 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

In Cycle of Lies, it basically says their attitude to doping was the same. Floyd has admitted that - He said he would've done the same thing, only difference is he would've admitted it when caught.

Physically amazingly talented, but completely unhinged. And that's why he did what he did.

It was crazy when he did get caught . I mean the fund raising to clear his name.

I was even starting to think that maybe he was clean.

What a sad way it has ended.....if only he did admit doping from the off then maybe he would have raced again.
    But with everything in his life, he was just to messed up to be clear in his mind.
    Shame.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    He may be able to afford matching tyres in the near future. Millions of them.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    iainf72 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

You have to take everything into consideration here. He was only doing what everyone else was doing. Therefore a hugely diminished level of guilt is unavoidable.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    You'd be surprised how little guilt or morality plays on the mind when it's your profession.
  • rayjay
    A lot of athletes just don't see doping as cheating. Especially if they know that everyone of their rivals are doping.
    It's just part of the job.

But in Floyds case , especially with his upbringing ,it's a very unique story indeed and that in a way just shows how nonchalant every one was about PED's and how easy it is with compliance all around and it being a necessity to race.
  • Paul 8v
    I read something about him sneaking off in the middle of the night to ride this bike as his parents dissaproved?

One of the more interesting TT positions I have seen too
  • rayjay
    Floyd-landis-toctt.jpg

He had a crazy hip, He had to get it fixed.