Can you name this rider?

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    EPC06 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    EPC06 wrote:
    Who is this?
    I took the picture but I am not sure who it is. Pretty sure it isnt Vino
    If you told us what race/stage/year it was then it woud help. Whoever it is, they are being caught by or catching Peter Velits.

Sure, 2012 TDF time trial to Chartres
    In that case it's most likely Vino.

Here's my reasoning: You can see an Omega Pharma car with the initial P on the front, which is only used if there are two riders with the same surname on the team - which means it's Velits. So then you just have to find who started near him. Vino started two places ahead of him (and was four minutes slower)

Classic example of Rich shows his workings at the side :wink:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    EPC06 wrote:
    Who is this?

Langerhands Santeroff
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RideOnTime wrote:

Langerhands Santeroff
    Sounds very Painful. :!:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95 wrote:
    EPC06 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    EPC06 wrote:
    Who is this?
    If you told us what race/stage/year it was then it woud help. Whoever it is, they are being caught by or catching Peter Velits.

Sure, 2012 TDF time trial to Chartres
    In that case it's most likely Vino.

Here's my reasoning: You can see an Omega Pharma car with the initial P on the front, which is only used if there are two riders with the same surname on the team - which means it's Velits. So then you just have to find who started near him. Vino started two places ahead of him (and was four minutes slower)

Other than that....

It looks like Vino.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Came up on my Twitter timeline. Wonder can anyone guess without cheating?

Disclaimer ---- I would have no idea who he was.

BYpcJ7QCEAAGzd_.jpg:large

vlcsnap-5307959.png
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ^^^ Well Team Cinzano isn't real. They're from the film Breaking Away (ramming pumps into spokes if I remember). It's a good film - far superior to American Flyers.

Now the one bit of trivia I know about that film is that one of Team Cinzano was played by Christian Vande Velde's dad - a high class rider in his own right apparently. Is it him? I don't know his first name.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    RichN95 wrote:
    ^^^ Well Team Cinzano isn't real. They're from the film Breaking Away (ramming pumps into spokes if I remember). It's a good film - far superior to American Flyers.

Now the one bit of trivia I know about that film is that one of Team Cinzano was played by Christian Vande Velde's dad - a high class rider in his own right apparently. Is it him? I don't know his first name.

John.

US Olympian and 6 day rider apparently

JVVD_Simes.jpg

The bicycle-racing blood runs deep in Chicago native John Vande Velde’s family. It was his destiny, he explained, to become a bike racer because his father, uncle and brother raced. Vande Velde’s grandfather immigrated to Chicago from Belgium and the love of the sport has been passed from generation to generation in the family. The family tree now includes his son Christian, currently racing for Garmin-Sharp; daughter Marisa, who was a two-time national track champion, and youngest son Ian, a multiple national and world transplant Olympian.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • vlcsnap-5307959.png

I don't know about Christian Vande Velde's dad but number three above looks like the guy who joined Belkin on their team launch ride around the Gooi this summer. :shock:

Someone find a picture of it from another thread.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Anyone please?

tumblr_mgqqi7NVc81rga258o1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    That's Gino Bartali, Frenchie.
  • Ah good stuff. I had an inkling it was him. Legend and stylish one at that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anyone know the rider on Cipo's wheel? If he is a no-name then not to worry.
    cipo1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Anyone know the rider on Cipo's wheel? If he is a no-name then not to worry.
    cipo1.jpg
    Looks very much like Adrie van der Poel. Certainly no no-name :) And Mathieu's dad
  • Ha nice!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    Ah good stuff. I had an inkling it was him. Legend and stylish one at that.

That's a photo of what men looked like when they had real jobs, fought wars and freed continents.

Now we work in call centres, post on the internet and take 'selfies'
  • Who is the guy with Hinault?
    tumblr_mru6nvRvXA1qbxnpgo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Who is the guy with Hinault?
    That's Moser
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

Dat bike *drool*
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    That's Moser

hmm, thanks. Should have known that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Francesco Moser. Must be the Trofeo Baracchi
  • 3rd in line please?
    ouch-merckx.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    99% sure it's Andre Dierickx (BEL)
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    oh, by the way, I counted at least 6 sky/froome/wiggins digs from you over the last 24 hours. It's getting a bit boring to be honest. Especially coming from someone not being able to name Bartali - but still posts great pics, though. Cheers.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    skylla wrote:
    oh, by the way, I counted at least 6 sky/froome/wiggins digs from you over the last 24 hours. It's getting a bit boring to be honest. Especially coming from someone not being able to name Bartali - but still posts great pics, though. Cheers.

You can tell it's the off season, Frenchie has started two whole threads having a dig at a Sky rider.
  • skylla wrote:

Take it or leave it. This forum would have been a totally sh!t read this week if I hadnt intervened massively. People are so so quick to jump in and talk sh!t to me and complain but they rarely post positively or contribute anything.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    skylla wrote:

Take it or leave it. This forum would have been a totally sh!t read this week if I hadnt intervened massively. People are so so quick to jump in and talk sh!t to me and complain but they rarely post positively or contribute anything.

Touche. Or should I say touchy.

Only joking, FF, you've posted some good stuff on here this week. You've got a good point there.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Anonymous
    skylla wrote:

ALL HAIL THE SAVIOR OF BIKERADAR FORUMS DURING THE OFF SEASON.

Other than the pretty pictures I've never seen one positive post from you on here. Ever.
  • RichN95.
    sjmclean wrote:
    skylla wrote:

Other than the pretty pictures I've never seen one positive post from you on here. Ever.
    Do you seriously think you are in the right here? FF has been around here for ages. He has 17,000 posts. He's part of the furniture. You should know what he's like by now. Oh no, hang on you relatively new so you won't.
    I disagree with him on pretty much anything. He's all about style and aesthetics, I'm pragmatic and mechanical. His Sky knocking is just a charming affectation.

Yet while I may despair of him, I think I've defended him more than attacked him. Vive Le Difference and all that.
  • Anonymous
    RichN95 wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:
    skylla wrote:

Do you seriously think you are in the right here? FF has been around here for ages. He has 17,000 posts. He's part of the furniture. You should know what he's like by now. Oh no, hang on you relatively new so you won't.
    I disagree with him on pretty much anything. He's all about style and aesthetics, I'm pragmatic and mechanical. His Sky knocking is just a charming affectation.

Yet while I may despair of him, I think I've defended him more than attacked him. Vive Le Difference and all that.

I can see your point Rich, and I do agree I haven't been here as long or made as many posts as FF (I did have another account for about 1 year before I started using this one and lost it due to a computer issue), so maybe I am wrong to try and have a debate with him about these subjects- you see that's is what I did at first. It never worked, go see the Dan Martin climbing on feel thread, I tried to have a serious conversation with him but in the end he sent me the famous contador taped SRM picture, to which I replied with 6 or 7 pictures which countered this, so he complimented how pretty they were and just blanked the conversation. He can't debate as soon as he is proven wrong there is no admission he just jumps to the next thread.

Is it old boys club rules round here? Where because he has been here the longest, he can do what he wants unchallenged? I find his narcissism irritating and his constant petty posts ridiculous. He's started at least three threads this week to have a dig at Sky/wiggins/froome, maybe if he is so into style etc he can just ignore them. At some point this week he has been watching a video of Nibali doing a bunny hop coming down a mountain (impressive) and his first thought is: "I bet Froome or Wiggins couldn't do this."

I genuinely 100% believe he hasn't actually blocked me, IMO comments against his will fuel his little war, he needs to see them.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    SMJ.

Stick to posting about topics rather than posters, unless you have something good to say.

Eventually you'll learn what's appropriate and what isn't.