artstan Posts: 27
    Conan's TT helmet and aero wheel. Axe?

mNtny-caqGMEvGR_hk2OzZQ.jpg
  • He looks a bit different nowadays.

_DSC3541.jpg
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Mount Teide, Tuesday April 1st:

Katusha and Cannondale riders passing the Mount Teide visitors centre on the TF-21 riding into the park from the northern side of Teide at around 2050m. Also passed a couple of Movistar cyclists riding together on the volcanic plane, two Astana riders about 200 yards apart about half hour later, and a Movistar and a Katusha rider training together - unfortunately all whilst in the car so no photos.
  • freire
    freire Posts: 17
    The katusha rider looks like Daniel Moreno and the cannondale rider shoild be Ivan Basso.
  • stagehopper
    Defo Basso and wasn't sure on Moreno but looking at it again think you're spot on.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    What was the temperature. They're well wrapped up there.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • stagehopper
    Sunny, light breeze - about 20 C on the coast so I'd say around 15 C when they passed me. Lot of cloud/mist on North side of island all week though and could have climbed up through that - couple of times drove through what was effectively cold fog.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    BkI0ruyCAAEgTmN.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Nibali?
  • andyp
    tumblr_lsk3syXt8i1r3xgd1o1_500.jpg

Topical (ish).
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Edwig van Hooydonck?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:
    Nibali?

Yep.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Edwig van Hooydonck?

Yes. Two time Flanders winner, who quit the sport rather than take EPO.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The guys that we trained with in Tavira (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banco_BIC-Carmim) were wearing full leg warmers/tights, long sleeves, gilet, overshoes and in some cases long fingered gloves and neck warmers even when it was 25 degrees. Never saw them wearing shorts while training, and the hottest day we were there was max 27.

I'm sure I saw on cycling tips somewhere, the guy saying when he rode with some pro's in the summer, they are still wearing two jerseys, mitts, etc. Anyone know why? Is it to sweat more? Lose more weight? Luke do you train in multi layers in the summer?
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_n2y0i8GPhM1r4mfcxo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n2q1xlIBD91tvrix5o1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Greg Lemond & Gianni Bugno
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Wow, thats Lemond! Did not recognize him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    sjmclean wrote:
    The guys that we trained with in Tavira (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banco_BIC-Carmim) were wearing full leg warmers/tights, long sleeves, gilet, overshoes and in some cases long fingered gloves and neck warmers even when it was 25 degrees. Never saw them wearing shorts while training, and the hottest day we were there was max 27.
    I'm sure I saw on cycling tips somewhere, the guy saying when he rode with some pro's in the summer, they are still wearing two jerseys, mitts, etc. Anyone know why? Is it to sweat more? Lose more weight? Luke do you train in multi layers in the summer?
    I’ve heard it recommended that professional cyclists wear long tights when training, even when it’s warm, to limit the effects of injury should they happen to crash - so less road rash.
    I suppose the same principle would apply as to why they may fully cover the arms and wear full-finger gloves.
  • frenchfighter
    I think it may be from Giro but not 100% sure.
    BkIxTxAIQAEkEgo_zpse2f888cc.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Loooks like Katusha: Rodriguez?
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Too stumpy for J-Rod - Paolini?
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah I'd guess Paolini, especially as it was on Pozzato's twitter (who is his close friend).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Yeah I'd guess Paolini, especially as it was on Pozzato's twitter (who is his close friend).
    If it was on Pozzato's twitter then there's a high probability that it's Pozzato.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    If it was on Pozzato's twitter then there's a high probability that it's Pozzato.

*like*
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:

Possibly but if you look at the helmet he is wearing they havent been out long. Paolini was wearing that helmet in the 2013 Giro. Pozzato last rode for Katusha in 2011.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah it's Paolini.

@ilariobiondi Apr 1
    @giroditalia @Ilgerva77 non tutti sono d'accordo @PippoPozzato pic.twitter.com/5CjnmDWCYE

@Ilgerva77 = Paolini. Didnt realise until I clicked through.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

Possibly but if you look at the helmet he is wearing they havent been out long. Paolini was wearing that helmet in the 2013 Giro. Pozzato last rode for Katusha in 2011.
    It was a joke about Pozzato's narcissism rather than a serious suggestion.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    andyp wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Edwig van Hooydonck?
    Yes. Two time Flanders winner, who quit the sport rather than take EPO.
    This is his 1989 win, probably the worst weather for the T. of Flanders in the last 25-30 years.
    I liked Hooydonck because although a professional with Superconfex-Yoko then (1987-1989), he was also still doing duathlons and triathlons when time allowed.