Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    And also this one please?

250-PIC199364856.jpg?t=1321910201
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ordain
    ordain Posts: 3
    I just need to tag this after editing but the rider's name has completely drawn a blank for me. Anyone know?

Oliver Zaugg
  • ordain
    ordain Posts: 3
    And also this one please?

250-PIC199364856.jpg?t=1321910201

And that's Kanstantsin Sivtsov, I believe.
  • frenchfighter
    Thanks Ordain and welcome!

I have a couple hundred or so which I need to upload online and there are a good many I dont know the names too, so will post up here.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    You are Graham Watson???
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

I have a couple hundred or so which I need to upload online and there are a good many I dont know the names too, so will post up here.

Always wondered this about you Frenchie: Why a hard-drive full of photo's? Personal enjoyment? Work? other?

Anyway, whilst on the subject, got any pictures of Colombia Coldeportes riders? I can look at that jersey all day long...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Frenchie, I notice you ask such questions on occasion which makes me think that you are unaware of the full extent of the Google Image search facility. Just open Google images in one window and your image in another and drag your image into the search box.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I also think it's funny that Frenchie (and i'm sure many others) couldn't ID the first rider, and yet he has a monument on his palmares. Sums him up I guess (Zaugg that is, not Frenchie).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    ordain wrote:
    I just need to tag this after editing but the rider's name has completely drawn a blank for me. Anyone know?

Oliver Zaugg

Yes thats the Guy, i was trying to think looking at the picture without looking down the list. Great win in Lombardy wasnt it, 2010?
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    Frenchie, I notice you ask such questions on occasion which makes me think that you are unaware of the full extent of the Google Image search facility. Just open Google images in one window and your image in another and drag your image into the search box.

Thanks Rich. I had no idea you could do this. Will give it a go later. I guess the only issue I may have is when the link address is changed.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    I also think it's funny that Frenchie (and i'm sure many others) couldn't ID the first rider, and yet he has a monument on his palmares. Sums him up I guess (Zaugg that is, not Frenchie).

Yeah fair point although I dont think it really matters though. His win in any case was not exactly won in a monumental way. He also doesn't figure too much in all other races and isn't stand out noticeable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited October 2012

Always wondered this about you Frenchie: Why a hard-drive full of photo's? Personal enjoyment? Work? other?

Anyway, whilst on the subject, got any pictures of Colombia Coldeportes riders? I can look at that jersey all day long...

Haha, its all for personal enjoyment at the moment.

I have hardly any of C-C as they don't win or figure much. These are what I know of, from TofC '12 stage 6
    150510-DSC_1251%20copy.jpg
    153720-DSC_1357%20copy.jpg
    153358-DSC_1338%20copy.jpg
    160825-DSC_1556%20copy.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers

Yeah fair point although I dont think it really matters though. His win in any case was not exactly won in a monumental way. He also doesn't figure too much in all other races and isn't stand out noticeable.

That's what I meant Frenchie, apart from that one win he's done naff all.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Cheers for the Pics Frenchie!

Also, Coldeportes got a decent result yesterday. Johan Chaves beat Di Luca and Pozzovivo to win the GP Città di Camaiore http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chaves-showing-strength-of-colombia-coldeportes-in-italy
  • frenchfighter
    Tour de L'Avenir winner also - guess should have this guy on the radar!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Surely there is some major copyright related issue's to FF stealing pictures from the Internet and doing everything from keeping them for personal use / editing them / posting them online.

Unless of course FF has permission to do all this.
  • inkyfingers
    In the strictest sense then he is infringing copyright, but so long as he doesn't use the images for personal gain then it's unlikely that the copyright owners will be bothered.
  • frenchfighter
    Exactly. Its not like I am changing them and passing them off as my own or selling them. I mostly say who took the photo if I know who and the photos I have are simply there for me to peruse at my leisure and I havent even printed any off or linked anywhere else apart from this site. A couple of photographers have sites and I can buy from there at full res if I like one.

It is simply what a huge amount of people do (save photos they like). I just happen to have a lot and more importantly share them with others here for their enjoyment also.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • do you edit them yourself?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,536
    I don't think of it as much different to recording something on TV.
  • frenchfighter
    edited October 2012
    Can someone help me out with:
    9d98aebee348a8b3793cc79912f64956-ge.jpg?t=1286719761

And is this Tiralongo?
    DSC_0054.jpg?t=1281208959
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Definitely Tiralongo.
    I think the top one is Monfort, but not definite.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Can someone help me out with:

Any takers on this one? Need to be keen on the detail to know this one.
    3331449273a24bf9395d162fd8860096-getty-103895726sb021_2010_uci_roa.jpg?t=1301849269

I'll bite on that one.

BBB glasses - they only sponsor Vacansoleil this year and its not a Bianchi bike. My guess is that its 2011 when they sponsored QuickStep. Bike looks a bit like a Merckx paint-job so that'd match too.

As the only person in last years QS team that would bother his ass with a TT bike, I'm guessing Chavanel.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Chapeau. I like the analysis.

LeTour2010StageFourteenVnNMBmAjbG_l.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    do you edit them yourself?

He does. Perusal of the 10 Terabyte HDD with FF one night over a cup of Big Maggie's gave Spielberg the idea for Schindler's List.

Allegedly.

Strava is not Zen.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Probably can't identify riders 'cos you're tweeting and not actually watching the race. :roll: Is your name David Harmon?
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Pretty stupid comment for a multitude of reasons.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think the HTC-Highroad rider is Renshaw.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I think the HTC-Highroad rider is Renshaw.
    the internet thinks so too: http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/1001/Wielr ... rken.dhtml

Have to admit, I orginally thought Turfle was right to suggest Monfort though.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I just cannot see Renshaw in there no matter how hard I try. I can see about 4 different riders (Haussler mainly), none of whom ever rode for HTC/Columbia.