Olympic Mens TT, Wednesday

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Who organised a meeting for 1400-1500 today?!

My Fiancee organised a trip to the kids nursery at 3PM.

I'm in the process of cancelling the wedding.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • I've cancelled it on the excuse "I want to watch the Time Trial for 2 hours"

Working in sport, this is actually a valid reason. It's even on the big screen in the conference room!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • inkyfingers
    I've cancelled it on the excuse "I want to watch the Time Trial for 2 hours"

Working in sport, this is actually a valid reason. It's even on the big screen in the conference room!

Gis a job.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • All gaps are 90 seconds. Where are you looking?

Yes, didn't notice there are 30 seconds as well :oops:
  • I've cancelled it on the excuse "I want to watch the Time Trial for 2 hours"

Gis a job.

We've a lot of hiring to do in the next year... You may want to check out the website of a certain multisport event to be held in a couple of years.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Also heard Wiggins will be pushing a bigger gear than he was in the Tour.
  • rick_chasey
    Lizzie Armitstead off at 12:52, Emma Pooley at 12:57, Chris Froome off at 1500, Bradley Wiggins at 1507
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

Boardman and the presenter last night mentioned a lower Cadence, but I don't think Brad is suddenly going to be doing something different to a couple of weeks ago.
  • mfin wrote:

Boardman and the presenter last night mentioned a lower Cadence, but I don't think Brad is suddenly going to be doing something different to a couple of weeks ago.

Was in the Telegraph this morning, said he's been pushing a bigger gear than last year because his TT cadance at 105rpm wasn't getting all the power down. It said his coach came up with it because he shouldn't have lost 1:20 to Martin in the Worlds.

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    Pushing lower gears is a better way to avoid totally ruining yourself in a 3 week race - s'not so necessary today.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    mfin wrote:

It's not, Wiggins himself has said it was something that he changed over the winter after he got spanked by Martin at the Worlds.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    mfin wrote:

Is that because his legs are less fatigued than they were during the Tour? Or because he can sense Cancellara is weak and wants to give him a slap on the bum when he passes him?

I jest of course. Think it will be very close, Wiggins must have pure confidence flowing through his veins (no, that's not a eupemism), and with Martin and Fabs both suffering from the after effects of injuries and illness this is definitely a big chance for him to cap his season off.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Wiggins has won every long TT he's ridden this year (6 in total) but, until I checked CQ, I'd forgotten how close run those outside of the Tour had been.
  • canoas
    canoas Posts: 307
    I rode the course last night, there a few hilly sections. I can see Wiggins only rivals been Cancellara or Martin. It's a nice circuit.............who knows maybe Vino will do it again he's a legend. Makes me laugh no race radios, no times known between chasers just good old fashion racing and he beat everyone fair and square!
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Froome appeared to me to step off the gas earlier than the others on saturday. I may be doing him a mis-service and he may have been smoked but I can't help but think he had one eye on TT glory today. I really do hope Brad didn't empty the tank too much in the RR, a gold for him here would be brilliant.

I agree..it seemed odd that Froome dropped off well well before Wiggins. But I guess Wiggo feels indebted or at least a bit responsible for Cav's reduced tally of TDF wins plus the way Cav treated him at Beijing, so I am guessing Wiggo was genuinely giving his all..Cav-Wiggo have been together on track and previous teams..am sure loyalty comes into it. but 3 days is a decent rest so I think Wiggo will be good or very good. i like Froome but I want a homegrown product like Wiggo to win and a further surge in interest in cycling in the UK.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    RichN95 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

It's not, Wiggins himself has said it was something that he changed over the winter after he got spanked by Martin at the Worlds.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it wiggo!
  • rick_chasey
    Someone with recovery powers like Wiggins won't notice Saturday's effort much.

It's 4 days later.

The Tour he might feel.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    eat.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • KentS
    KentS Posts: 240
    'Eat Britain'? That is kind of funny ;-)

Yep, that was the reason Boardman gave on last night's BBC highlights programme.
  • rick_chasey
    ;) I listen well eh?
  • Dorset Boy wrote:
    I love the way Frenchie states that Drugador is 'fine'.
    He is a convicted doper Frenchie - can't you recognize that, he's a convicted cheat.

No no, it's fine. Contador was great as a junior and then did well on teams like Liberty Seguros, Discovery, Astana and Saxo. He's cool.
    :):)
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited August 2012
    @Dorset boy, Alberto has never been convicted for using doping.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    I love the way Frenchie states that Drugador is 'fine'.
    He is a convicted doper Frenchie - can't you recognize that, he's a convicted cheat.

No no, it's fine. Contador was great as a junior and then did well on clenbuterol. He's cool.

FTFY :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    delete
    Contador is the Greatest
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    My poor maths suggest that Brads target is 52.5mins on stage 19 TdF averages-different course/bike/conditions but fingers all crossed now.Froome was 1.16 secs behind on S19.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584

Gis a job.

We've a lot of hiring to do in the next year... You may want to check out the website of a certain multisport event to be held in a couple of years.

Would these jobs be ideal for someone who lives in Shawlands?
  • Alan A wrote:

Gis a job.

Would these jobs be ideal for someone who lives in Shawlands?

That'd work...

@gietvangent
  • Did Hugh P just say the previous GB medal winner in the TT rode a 168 km course?
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    I can't see TJ Van Garderen on the cyclingnews startlist. What gives?