Olympic Mens TT, Wednesday

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    BTW is Pooley's helmet secret squirrel or off the shelf?
    I think I saw something about them a while back and they're secret squirrel...
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Paulie W wrote:
    Yeah Froome definitely needs to get smoked to retain the last shreds of credibility to has left.

Seriously, try to be a bit consistent. You cant on the one hand celebrate known dopers like Valverde and Contador (and Pantani FFS) then cast snidey comments at a rider who you just 'think' may be doping!!!

What consistency? Do you hear me say Pantani is clean? no. Contador is fine - he has always been brilliant and will continue to be when he gets back. Valverde was superb and has come back and been pretty good - he has a good amount of wins this year and suffered a fair few crashes.

Froome on the other hand is zero to hero. No more discussion on this as has been done several times on 'Froome' threads.

"I'm right ner ner can't say back."
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Paulie W wrote:
    Yeah Froome definitely needs to get smoked to retain the last shreds of credibility to has left.

Seriously, try to be a bit consistent. You cant on the one hand celebrate known dopers like Valverde and Contador (and Pantani FFS) then cast snidey comments at a rider who you just 'think' may be doping!!!

What consistency? Do you hear me say Pantani is clean? no. Contador is fine - he has always been brilliant and will continue to be when he gets back. Valverde was superb and has come back and been pretty good - he has a good amount of wins this year and suffered a fair few crashes.

Froome on the other hand is zero to hero. No more discussion on this as has been done several times on 'Froome' threads.

"I'm right ner ner can't say back."

New Froome sweeps clean as the saying goes :lol:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Graeme_S wrote:
    BTW is Pooley's helmet secret squirrel or off the shelf?
    I think I saw something about them a while back and they're secret squirrel...

Doesn't seem to be riding the new Cervelo P5 though. Doesn't even look like a P4!
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Does anyone know when the start-times will be given out? Have booked the day off and am thinking of where to see it. Am thinking away from houses so there are hopefully fewer people, slightly uphill, riders going into wind so that they are going slower.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    :roll: :roll:
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,402
    I love the way Frenchie states that Drugador is 'fine'.
    He is a convicted doper Frenchie - can't you recognize that, he's a convicted cheat.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    I love the way Frenchie states that Drugador is 'fine'.
    He is a convicted doper Frenchie - can't you recognize that, he's a convicted cheat.

No no, it's fine. Contador was great as a junior and then did well on teams like Liberty Seguros, Discovery, Astana and Saxo. He's cool.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Start times just gone up on the comic's website (not that their mobile site is working for me at all today - can't get on the desktop, kids monopolised it for Club blooming Penguin)
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Out of interest when were Froome and Wiggins announced as the GB TT team?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2012
    At least the Team GB didn't find themselves inspired by the Team Sky TT-swim cap/Fiat Multi helmets.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Brad quoted in the DM

Brad

"This is going be a piece of p*** now compared to that.[The TDF] It's just an hour and not three weeks. It's been the best preparation. That's the baseline of worst-case scenario of pressure and expectation, with three weeks lying ahead of you. And we handled that pretty well, so an hour time-trial to make history should be a doddle."

Booom
  • Start times just gone up on the comic's website (not that their mobile site is working for me at all today - can't get on the desktop, kids monopolised it for Club blooming Penguin)

I can only see an alphabetical list of riders on the Cycling Weekly website - anyone enlighten me?
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Start times just gone up on the comic's website (not that their mobile site is working for me at all today - can't get on the desktop, kids monopolised it for Club blooming Penguin)

I can only see an alphabetical list of riders on the Cycling Weekly website - anyone enlighten me?

Apologies there was a tweet linking to it (which I couldn't open on my Blackberry - CW mobile site not working for me at all today). Link goes nowhere on desktop; nothing on CW site. Guessing they (and in turn me) were a little previous.... :oops:
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    Yay - it's here: http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/fileBank ... t_list.pdf

Top 11 (ten, plus defending champion, felt mean to stop before him)

14:54:00 11 LARSSON Gustav SWE19800920
    14:55:30 10 ROGERS Michael AUS19791220
    14:57:00 9 GRABSCH Bert GER19750619
    14:58:30 8 CHAVANEL Sylvain FRA19790630
    15:00:00 7 FROOME Christopher GBR19850520
    15:01:30 6 PINOTTI Marco ITA19760225
    15:03:00 5 SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon ESP19831124
    15:04:30 4 PHINNEY Taylor USA19900627
    15:06:00 3 MARTIN Tony GER19850423
    15:07:30 2 WIGGINS Bradley GBR19800428
    15:09:00 1 CANCELLARA Fabian SUI1981031
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Milton50 wrote:
    During the first week of the Tour.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Bradley's kit stolen - hope he's got spares

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-19067265
  • avoidingmyphd
    hommelbier wrote:

Top class investigative journalism that, explaining a self-explanatory tweet sent two days ago. The forced retraction is actually a better story than the theft, but the story shows no appreciation of that fact.
  • Details of start times also now on Inner Ring preview:

http://inrng.com/2012/07/olympic-time-trial-preview/
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    RichN95 wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:
    During the first week of the Tour.

It's a bit strange that Froome was chosen over Millar even before he put in the two good TT performances at the Tour, no? Millar has been consistently one of the best single day TT riders in the world.
  • Milton50 wrote:

Both teams were announced (road race and TT) on 4 July.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Just in case anyone is worrying about the lack of gold in the Team GB medal tally...

1-ecc0320fcf.jpg
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Surprised Rodgers starting as early as he is.
    Couple of dark hiorses in there, Cghavvanel, Pinnoti could go well, will be interesting to see how Foorme goes compared to MArtinn and Chinny. Martin could be the one to come to form for this, hope wiggo does it though.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    hommelbier wrote:

Top class investigative journalism that, explaining a self-explanatory tweet sent two days ago. The forced retraction is actually a better story than the theft, but the story shows no appreciation of that fact.

That will be another team that stole it so they can see what goes into it. Is it a corset of sorts, does it support certain joints considerably more than other surfaces to allow tucks muscles can't support alone..which way is the fabric woven. Prob is any team that comes up with serious complaints about Sky/GB skinsuits would have to use detail that gives away robbing it from Brad.

I hope Brad gives Froome another hiding in the TT today , just as pay back for the Froome hand gestures when Froomey knew his leader basically held a 3 minute lead over him as early as second mountain stage based on time and extrapolations
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Froome appeared to me to step off the gas earlier than the others on saturday. I may be doing him a mis-service and he may have been smoked but I can't help but think he had one eye on TT glory today. I really do hope Brad didn't empty the tank too much in the RR, a gold for him here would be brilliant.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    I wonder what the odds of catching Cancellara are, especially with the start gaps being smaller and old Fab isn't quite so fab after Saturday's crash. I've not ridden the course - are there many sections where he'll be able to see him ?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Should be close, hopefully.
  • Thanks for the startlist info.

I notice there are 2 minutes between some start times (eg Wiggins & Cancellara) and only one minute between others - seems a recipe for complaints, I think it would be at a club 10!

I'm just about to roll down the road to the Cobham area (there's a big screen at the Rec. ground, apparently) where my girlfriend will join me. She has a crush on Marianne after Sunday and is hoping for another orange win :)
  • avoidingmyphd
    Thanks for the startlist info.

I notice there are 2 minutes between some start times (eg Wiggins & Cancellara) and only one minute between others - seems a recipe for complaints, I think it would be at a club 10!

I'm just about to roll down the road to the Cobham area (there's a big screen at the Rec. ground, apparently) where my girlfriend will join me. She has a crush on Marianne after Sunday and is hoping for anot
    her orange win :)
    All gaps are 90 seconds. Where are you looking?
  • Who organised a meeting for 1400-1500 today?!

@gietvangent