TDF Stage 16 *SPOILER*

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Hmm, all i have is an illegal feed on t phone....

On now tho, screw you work!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I think, for a sporting organisation, my employer is being dashed unreasonable in blocking Sky Go.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    the break having their packed lunch

"awww, not rice cakes again"
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Why are sky keeping it on a leash?

Don't think they are, I think everyone is just riding slowly and they can't really go any slower.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • disgruntledgoat
    Can somebody give me a shout when they get near Luz St. Sauver and I'll go and put the telly on.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    Why are sky keeping it on a leash?

There is a guy in the break only 18mins back is nt there - not a crazy long way back and more than doable on a day like today....
    - @ddraver
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    I dont think they are keeping them on a leash, more likely they are riding slowly.

Cav is still there afterall!
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Love it......

When asked about the challenge that the Tourmalet represents, the race leader Bradley Wiggins offered his appraisal. "It goes uphill like all of them, it's very difficult."
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    How many riders does a break have to have before you just say there's ** riders up front and the rest have been dropped? ;)
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    cav wasnt looking forward to the stage last night

"Quick log in to FB before sleep. Loved the 2nd rest day with my two favourite girls in the world. Tomorrow is simply about survival! Gonna be slow (extremely) painful torture. And few more days to my fav stretch of racing road!"
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    Jens Voigt on La Madeleine in 2008. Contador and Schelck duelled away from the field. When they caught up with him, hostilities were put on hold as he killed himself dragging them both up the mountain. When Voigt blew, they started racing each other again, just further ahead of their GC rivals.

I remember the incident, but it definitely wasn't 2008 (as Contador's Astana team were banned) - maybe 2010?
  • ddraver
    What the flip are you on about Kirby?!! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    ddraver wrote:
    What the flip are you on about Kirby?!! ;)

Heard him rabbitting on about putting ice in a woman's tights or something a few minutes back!
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Can somebody give me a shout when they get near Luz St. Sauver and I'll go and put the telly on.

Put the telly on !
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    Jens Voigt on La Madeleine in 2008. Contador and Schelck duelled away from the field. When they caught up with him, hostilities were put on hold as he killed himself dragging them both up the mountain. When Voigt blew, they started racing each other again, just further ahead of their GC rivals.

I remember the incident, but it definitely wasn't 2008 (as Contador's Astana team were banned) - maybe 2010?
    oops, yes 2010. thank you.
  • disgruntledgoat
    dsoutar wrote:

Put the telly on !

I did, ad I saw some bloke getting as many calories as possible down and decided I'd just watch my recording when I get in.

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    Did I read that correctly... Danilo Hondo attacks out of the break? Is he feeling a bit skint and angling for the Prix Desgrange?

@gietvangent
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Please tell me there is going to be some GC action today Nibali the shark seems to be all talk and no bite
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Dan Martin starting to push on
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • ddraver
    think you mean poooosh on! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Dan Martin counters.

Then he goes again.

Ten Dam and Kess are only that can follow.

Go on Martin - show them how you can ride when you want to.

Voeckler organising a chase.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Martin on the front. Voecklers group catches.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Kern the gurn having a dig
  • Pross

Giving a target for Rolland to attack later.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    It is a ba*tard of a climb
  • Pross
    A few team leaders getting dropped from a relatively slow moving peloton.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Pross wrote:

Giving a target for Rolland to attack later.
    I really must get the day's work done in the next half hour!....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Kelly just said Kessiokov can really 'blow you'.
  • Pross
    Martin dropped from lead 3. When did Voeckler become a mountain goat? I know he fought hard to keep yellow last year but his climbing looks better this year.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I would headbutt a few of these spectators...they spoil it maybe if they started to arrest a few then you might see the behaviour change. :evil: