Tour de France Stage 11 *Spoiler*

1171819202123»

Comments

• donrhummy wrote:
    it's not over for evans but he's realistically only got two more mountain stages that really offer an opportunity and he needs to make up 5 minutes to survive the TT
    He's going to need a day of bad weather or some other factor that puts those above him into defensive mode. Listening to his interviews again from the past few days he sounds like someone scrabbling for excuses and sounds like the old, pre-Worlds nervous Cadel that under-achieved.

Really I haven't seen any really nervous interviews seems very relaxed in this one

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/road/video/2256429274/Cadel-Evans-Interview
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    styxd wrote:
    Did Wiggins tell Froome to slow down due to the fact he can't keep pace with him? Froome seems to be a faster rider afterall.

I think Froome should have a go in the last mountain stage, see if he can take a couple of minutes out of Wiggins and take the yellow. He deserves it.
    I think EBH should attack wiggo on the next big climb and if that does not come off then maybe Porte can attack on the second climb to give rodgers a chance to get the yellow, they all deserve it after all!!! Do you know anything about stage racing?
    donrhummy wrote:
    it's not over for evans but he's realistically only got two more mountain stages that really offer an opportunity and he needs to make up 5 minutes to survive the TT
    He's going to need a day of bad weather or some other factor that puts those above him into defensive mode. Listening to his interviews again from the past few days he sounds like someone scrabbling for excuses and sounds like the old, pre-Worlds nervous Cadel that under-achieved.

Really I haven't seen any really nervous interviews seems very relaxed in this one

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/road/video/2256429274/Cadel-Evans-Interview
    I've just been listening to audio ones and he sounds like a loser.