ddraver Posts: 26,661
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Do you have dutch auto-correct? :D

Yes - it does cause problems!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    I think we've seen this week that there is no split in loyalties, Cav rides the sprints and the team rides for the GC. It's hardly Hinault and Lemond is it?

Cav can hardly complain, afterall, he knew where the focus of the team lay when he signed, he stated that the Tour wasn't his focus this year and that he's been preparing for the Olympics and (in my mind) he's wasting his time putting himself through 3 weeks to get to Paris.

Oh yeah the focus if with wiggins I am talking about maybe a bit of tension in the team. In the excellent Velocast podcasts http://velocastcc.squarespace.com/tdf12 they made two very good points yesterday.

1. That they had heard rumours already that Wiggins is being very protective about the amount of support he is getting i.e. he wants his dedicated guys and is being quite strong minded about them working for him. Probably rightly so you might say.

2. They comment that BMC are doing a great job of putting Evans in the safe area at the front of the race towards the end and Sky (recognisable with the yellow helmets) are all over the place split up and not protecting even wiggins very well by keeping him in front of the middle of the pack crashes.

My own take is when Cav signed and wiggins was questioned about split loyalties in his own words he said nowadays a tour contender needs to be up the front of the race to keep safe and that would be where the team needs to be for Cav. However now we are there the team are nowhere near cav and perhaps had they all been pulling for wiggo near the front more and together then Cav as a by product would have a bit more protection too.

As someone said though Eisel caused the crash and perhaps that's why Cav left him and why Brailsford commented that there were "High emotions" on the bus. Perhaps Cav just gave eisel the hairdryer treatment and he is totally happy with everything. If I was him though I wouldn't feel it unreasonable to ask for a little more up front to give him a hand for a few days. Guess that runs the risk of knackering the team when they need to keep as fresh as possible for the mountains.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    dougzz wrote:
    Cav's always been really good at the 'team' and praising the right people. Peta really isn't helping him. If you want to split things up the Mrs interring is a perfect way. Yoko needs to shut it and engage brain before she tweets.

+1

Its not 'Nam, its a bike race. Keep it shut and let the man race, he's been crashing long before he met you and it will certainly continue for as long as he races with you! And when his only bit of 'protection' is the cause it really does highlight the poor form of her tweets. I'm just surprised people are re-tweeting it, its a load of tosh.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    That tweet looks like she's gone back to the old 'Peta, 23 from Essex, says....' days in The Sun where you attribute some quote on the news of the day to a topless model who plainly knows nothing about the subject!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    okgo wrote:
    dougzz wrote:
    Cav's always been really good at the 'team' and praising the right people. Peta really isn't helping him. If you want to split things up the Mrs interring is a perfect way. Yoko needs to shut it and engage brain before she tweets.

+1

Its not 'Nam, its a bike race.

There are rules!

Mark that 8 and you're entering a world of pain Smokey. A world of pain.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    okgo wrote:
    dougzz wrote:

+1

Its not 'Nam, its a bike race. Keep it shut and let the man race, he's been crashing long before he met you and it will certainly continue for as long as he races with you! And when his only bit of 'protection' is the cause it really does highlight the poor form of her tweets. I'm just surprised people are re-tweeting it, its a load of tosh.

Fran Millar from Team Sky was on twitter defending her comments as was cath wiggins.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Well Mark has a job to do, his job this time as he has said is to grab what he can and work for Brad. That means he doesn't have 5 riders riding around him. The irony that she signed her tweet off with #allezwiggo (which is what the whole team are subscribed to) is all I really needed to confirm my thoughts that she hasn't quite understood his task in this years TDF.

And it doesn't matter who supports her on Twitter, the decision has been made, until Brailsford re-tweets her I'm not interested, its nonsense being spouted.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    okgo wrote:
    dougzz wrote:

+1

People can tweet (and re-tweet) what they like. Keep calm and don't read it.
  • Looking at what she tweeted on the BBC site - it doesn't seem to me that she's complaining so much about the team, but about the fact that as Cav is the best sprinter, other riders tak too many risks making it dangerous for her man. And without protection, he is vunerable.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    If she promises to shut up about cycling I'll promise not to pass comment on the perils and pitfalls of getting your tits out.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Weyyyyyyyyyyyyy....
  • If she promises to shut up about cycling I'll promise not to pass comment on the perils and pitfalls of getting your tits out.
    As a new user and for my first post, can I just say thats very very funny !!!!!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    okgo wrote:
    dougzz wrote:

+1

Fran Millar from Team Sky was on twitter defending her comments as was cath wiggins.

As the mother of his child I'd expect nothing else from her. Fair play to her I say.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_m6ol05WJGb1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    x610.jpg
    tumblr_m6nralMTQl1qacyk6o1_500.png
    tumblr_m6nd2dtGDY1qacyk6o1_500.png
    tumblr_m6nb75vyB01qacyk6o1_500.png

tumblr_m6ncx7fiwO1qacyk6o1_500.png
    tumblr_m6n8srt5NG1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    That Greipel tweet is so obviously a cut, paste and edit from Cav back in the HTC days ;)