Tdf Stage 4 *Spoiler*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    Harmon (or Kirby) going all 'Phil and Paul' there saying how consistent TJ is (other when he's having a bad time) :lol:
  • Pross
    Why do people (including Kelly) say that race radio is a safety feature? Were there more bad accidents before they came into use? I don't see how they can help, DS chirpping in your ear distracting you and telling everyone to get to the front leading to panic and chaos when all the other teams are getting told the same!
  • Self-fulfiling prophecy innit?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    These three been out for about 200km!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Perhaps Sean means tactical safety, in that you get situation updates from the team car. :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Pross wrote:
    Why do people (including Kelly) say that race radio is a safety feature? Were there more bad accidents before they came into use? I don't see how they can help, DS chirpping in your ear distracting you and telling everyone to get to the front leading to panic and chaos when all the other teams are getting told the same!

One example I can think of is when Pedro Horrillo fell down that ravine in the Giro. One of the other Rabo riders saw his bike resting against the wall and radioed the car, which had already passed the crash site, to ask what had happened. No-one would have known otherwise.
  • Pross
    afx237vi wrote:
    Pross wrote:

One example I can think of is when Pedro Horrillo fell down that ravine in the Giro. One of the other Rabo riders saw his bike resting against the wall and radioed the car, which had already passed the crash site, to ask what had happened. No-one would have known otherwise.

But how many times has something like that happened?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    "well he cowd get down here it t lampre boos it's sor wide" :D
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • afx237vi
    Pross wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Pross wrote:

But how many times has something like that happened?

Probably not very often, but there are plenty of occasions on big mountain days when riders are spread over a huge distance and may need assistance.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    C'mon Chavenel
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Woah - I have no sound... who went down?
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Cav down.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Cav big time.
  • afx237vi
    Just when I thought this thread was going to be a 4-pager...
  • ddraver
    Booo, Greipel then...
    - @ddraver
  • sonny73
    Man for a minute there I thought Eisel was Wiggins.
  • Gazzetta67
    What's wrong with some of these guys...how many crashes do you need ? rubbish bike handling
  • TMR
    Griepel wins.
  • afx237vi
    I reckon Sagan just won the green jersey there.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Yay!

Bad luck for Cavendish
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    edited July 2012
    PTP Shake ups....

What position should Wiggo have been in today then..?
    - @ddraver
  • sonny73
    edited July 2012
    Good, looks like all are OK. 2.7k that happened I'm sure it was.
  • afx237vi
    2.7 km. Good luck commissaires.
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:
    What's wrong with some of these guys...how many crashes do you need ? rubbish bike handling

Would love to see yhow you coped riding that fast, that close together! I think the fact that these guys ARE great bike handlers, but still crash, shows how dangerous it is.
  • Gazzetta67
    Well Done Andre Griepel ...why do some folk not like him. ? is it cos he's german ..cue the flak
  • TMR
    edited July 2012
    iainf72 wrote:
    Yay!

Bad luck for Cavendish

LOL! Tool! :)

I like Cav - shame he went down TBH.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Not sure why Sagan needed to cut right in and shoulder someone right at the end, he wasn't going to better his position in doing so...
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I think Wiggins came in with the group just behind the sprinters, Cancellara came in a good few second later in a larger group. Presumably the 3km rule will apply and it'll be no change in the GC
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    ddraver wrote:
    PTP Shake ups....

:cry:
    5 out of 5 baby! :D