USADA files doping charges against Lance

Comments

• pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Any details?
    Mañana
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    USADA will publish their evidence in the middle of the month. They have several samples from 04 or 05 which are positive for something, which is also in Hamiltons book.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    iainf72 wrote:
    USADA will publish their evidence in the middle of the month. They have several samples from 04 or 05 which are positive for something, which is also in Hamiltons book.

Should hear a bit more about this too, there's enough review copies of the book floating around already.
  • It's just got juicy again :D

Ave tittle tattle calves
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Hope the new details are even more damning for Pat and the Hog. This really needs to take out all of those who acted in a corrupt manner and not just big names such as Lance.

Wonder if he has started to see why other riders have held their hands up and admitted to doping. Surely he must see the net closing all the time and if personal info from Kristin and Sheryl adds further, he is going to be splashed across all the trash magazines too.

Any more info on the new positives?
  • Crow and Kristin Armstrong testified against lance. USADA has new positive samples that were kept hidden. Breaking news on France2 and via @nyvelocity

I'm struggling to find this, do you have any links?

Cheers
  • Using your best Franglais...

http://sport.francetv.fr/stade2/?page=r ... cle=183355

Someone will have a full translated transcript posted on t'internet or Twitter soon, I'm sure
  • sorry, cant get it to play beyond the ad, must be geo-restricted
  • Doesn't work for me either :(
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    We've sanctioned many good riders in the past, we've put them out of the sport and we're not afraid to do it with anybody," McQuaid told Cyclingweekly.

Many good riders??? Wonder what he meant?
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Crow and Kristin Armstrong testified against lance. USADA has new positive samples that were kept hidden. Breaking news on France2 and via @nyvelocity
    I'm struggling to find this, do you have any links?
    Cheers
    The Richmond Racer French link wouldn’t work for me either, but France 2 seem to have something about LA each weekend (news which doesn’t always then appear in this forum, or at least I don’t notice it).
    About 2 weeks ago they reported that ex-US profi Bishop claims LA was already into doping before his cancer operation, so early 90s.
    And last weekend they reported an interview with a lawyer who claims that a doping control was supposed to search the rooms at the Pau hotel occupied by US Postal on the second rest day of the 2005 Tour, but it was cancelled at the last minute about 5 pm that day, by which time the doping-investigation team were outside the hotel, having travelled down from Paris that day.
    The lawyer doesn’t know who cancelled the search but feels LA was protected. He said the doping-investigation team were furious to have their time wasted, effectively 2 days and a weekend at that.

While we’re at it, here’s a link/diagram which supposedly shows LA’s testing history, etc (you can zoom in for details):

http://dimspace.co.uk/lancetesthistory.png
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    lance has even commented ... ooh
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    UCI to desert sinking Armstrong ship?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Everyone's coming out of the woodwork.

http://www.outsideonline.com/templates/ ... =167790055

Probably posted before.

It's a bit boring and a bit tldr.
  • Everyone's coming out of the woodwork.

Probably posted before.

Tldr?
  • Tldr?[/quote]

Too long didn't read
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    Crow and Kristin Armstrong testified against lance. USADA has new positive samples that were kept hidden. Breaking news on France2 and via @nyvelocity

Hell hath no fury, etc...
  • Everyone's coming out of the woodwork.

Probably posted before.

too long but I did read.. interesting stuff.
  • sorry, cant get it to play beyond the ad, must be geo-restricted

try this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJc8IGFR ... be&t=3m13s
  • tarzan13 wrote:
    sorry, cant get it to play beyond the ad, must be geo-restricted

try this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJc8IGFR ... be&t=3m13s

ignore, just realised it's not the France 2 that you were refering to....
  • VerwoodAsh
    VerwoodAsh Posts: 196
    edited September 2012
    iainf72 wrote:
    Even Sheryl Crow was questioned

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sheryl- ... 0&ns_fee=0

Is Bruyneel still going for arbitration? If so, surely all the evidence will come out then?

I read that as Sheryl was questioned during the Federal Investigation - you know the one that never made it to court as they could not build up a case.

I thought this was know the USADA investigation - and no mention of her talking with them.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    VerwoodAsh wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Even Sheryl Crow was questioned

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sheryl- ... 0&ns_fee=0

Is Bruyneel still going for arbitration? If so, surely all the evidence will come out then?

I read that as Sheryl was questioned during the Federal Investigation - you know the one that never made it to court as they could not build up a case.

I thought this was know the USADA investigation - and no mention of her talking with them.

One other thing about these cases and the use of witness statements in what is a scientific case. The witnesses generally have to swear an oath on the bible, but doesn't the whole Bible & science have opposing views (or science discredit the bible?).

Ah you mean the investigation that was dropped by the politicians not the agency investigating.
    USADA have blood value evidence in line with doping plus witness statements.
    Nice try at trolling on the science religion thing though, fortunately nothing to do with the blood values, and armstrongs 99 EPO test.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Sorry - wasn't an attempt at trolling - just a personal view on how the legal system works and possible contradictions when science was involved. (I have now removed that line btw)
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Didn't see your point as trolling at all. Nothing wrong with asking the question or the manner in which it was asked.

symo's response if anything was more in a trolling nature, but I'm sure it wasn't meant that way either...

Hope we get as far as hearing some of the evidence under whatever kind of oath is taken!
  • I think non christian religious groups swear and oath on their particular holy book. Atheists swear an oath to tell the truth, it does not need to be sworn on the bible.

They just promise to tell the truth, it can still be perjury if they are found to be lying.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • IanLD wrote:
    Didn't see your point as trolling at all. Nothing wrong with asking the question or the manner in which it was asked.

symo's response if anything was more in a trolling nature, but I'm sure it wasn't meant that way either...

Hope we get as far as hearing some of the evidence under whatever kind of oath is taken!
    Think we are reliant on Bruyneel going to arbitration for that. And with the steady trickle of info and then Hamiltons book this week I can't see that happening. Think he will do an Armstrong.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    IanLD wrote:

Think we are reliant on Bruyneel going to arbitration for that. And with the steady trickle of info and then Hamiltons book this week I can't see that happening. Think he will do an Armstrong.

I am wondering if Bruyneel is asking for the arbitration just so as the current riders who confessed will be identified and the UCI will exact revenge on them with career ending bans and stripping of wins. Bruyneel has zero chance of a win against USADA so why do it?