Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Banned from the World. And Italy.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    mfin wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    I found Tygarts comments on the bans to be pretty amusing.

+1 ...its all quite enjoyable, you're not the only one who's happy to see it all happening.

I think you ve got the wrong end of Rundy's stick there mfin....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    ddraver wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    I found Tygarts comments on the bans to be pretty amusing.

+1 ...its all quite enjoyable, you're not the only one who's happy to see it all happening.

I think you ve got the wrong end of Rundy's stick there mfin....

;)
  • ddraver
    Ah! My bad!
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Ddraver, wrong as usual. I am happy to see cheats get caught. I just expect the authorities to be focusing on what is important at the time and to do it in an appropriate manner. I have zero issue with doping doctors being banned, this is how you start to clean up sport, now go after team owners and DS in addition to current riders and do it in a fair, transparent manner and we are well on our way.

Though I have to say that it is a fools dream to think that any competitive endeavor, whether it be a pro sport, class grades or getting the hot girl, will ever be 100% free of cheating.

When it comes to Ferrari I do think he gets unjustified stick for his orange juice quote, since what he actually said is factually correct.
  • ddraver
    Oh well bugger me, It just seems that you were somewhat Anti USADA/Tygart in your replay on page 68...
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    ddraver wrote:
    Oh well bugger me, It just seems that you were somewhat Anti USADA/Tygart in your replay on page 68...

And my post above reasserted my thoughts/feelings on the way USADA/Tygart do things.

Perhaps if you weren't so set on trying to troll an argument you would see things clearly.
  • ddraver
    Ah, so the USADA process is Ok for everyone else, but not Armstrong then...Ok gotcha!

Obviously your intellect far outstrips our so we'd work you out much faster if you said what you meant, It really is easier for us that way...

(was that another insult by the way?)
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Here in the States there is a weekly magazine, sold at the checkout lines in most grocery stores, called Soap Opera Digest. It's for Soap fans who don't or can't find the time to keep up with there favorite shows yet still want a rundown of the weeks events, to stay current. I see an opportunity for you guys to make a buck here. Here we have a bunch of guys who are following this LA thing on a minute by minute basis and immediately telling everyone on this forum whatever it is they have heard. Wow, having said that I can't seem to get the word "creepy" out of my head. Anyway, you guys have all this info and bunches of time on your hands, so why not have it all put into a small magazine. That way those of us who "don't or can't find the time", yet would still like an overview of the situation each week, would have an excellent resource to turn to. It would sure be better than sifting through newspapers, tweets, or risking losing your job trying to get info on your work computer. :D
  • Rundfahrt
    ddraver wrote:
    Ah, so the USADA process is Ok for everyone else, but not Armstrong then...Ok gotcha!

Obviously your intellect far outstrips our so we'd work you out much faster if you said what you meant, It really is easier for us that way...

(was that another insult by the way?)

I will act as if your post was not simply another case of you trolling for an argument.

1) I said no such thing about the USADA process. Please stick to what has been written.

2) I say what I mean every time. Let's be honest, the fact that I do is what has you and a couple of others so worked up and dying to start arguments.
  • ddraver
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    and do you think that is a fair reflection on USADA?

If you were told that your trial would come down to three judges, one picked by the people accusing you, one picked by you and a third picked by both, but from a list compiled by the people accusing would you feel you have a real chance of proving innocence?

So your happy that this process has resulted in prosecutions then..?
    - @ddraver
  • mfin
    dennisn wrote:
    Here in the States there is a weekly magazine, sold at the checkout lines in most grocery stores, called Soap Opera Digest. It's for Soap fans who don't or can't find the time to keep up with there favorite shows yet still want a rundown of the weeks events, to stay current. I see an opportunity for you guys to make a buck here. Here we have a bunch of guys who are following this LA thing on a minute by minute basis and immediately telling everyone on this forum whatever it is they have heard. Wow, having said that I can't seem to get the word "creepy" out of my head. Anyway, you guys have all this info and bunches of time on your hands, so why not have it all put into a small magazine. That way those of us who "don't or can't find the time", yet would still like an overview of the situation each week, would have an excellent resource to turn to. It would sure be better than sifting through newspapers, tweets, or risking losing your job trying to get info on your work computer. :D

That's a good idea Dennis. It would be really easy as well.

All we'd have to do is setup a small publishing company and get distrbution networks worked out. Of course, we'd probably have to setup a Ltd company, go through all that as well, get the necessary accounts and share agreements in place on that and the rest is easy.

We'd have to name it, that would take seconds, design the thing, aggregate and edit all the copy, employ designers, get photography purchased with associated royalties, slap the thing together over a stack of man hours... get printing sorted with a good web-offset deal I suppose, hit the print deadlines for the chosen distribution days and we're away.

Oh no, we'd need lawyers wouldn't we, and the worst thing is, we'd have to decide on some free gifts, that might take ages, what if a kid swallows some plastic parts of something cheap we're giving away for free.

We'd probably need a website in this day and age too, maybe like some kind of forum attached to it, so we can get a community going for further comment, perhaps we can use PHPBB as its open source, I think something called bikeradar uses it, I'll have to look into it further.

Anyway, sounds dead easy. Im going to stop posting and set to work on a logo right away.
  • Rundfahrt
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

All we'd have to do is setup a small publishing company and get distrbution networks worked out. Of course, we'd probably have to setup a Ltd company, go through all that as well, get the necessary accounts and share agreements in place on that and the rest is easy.

We'd have to name it, that would take seconds, design the thing, aggregate and edit all the copy, employ designers, get photography purchased with associated royalties, slap the thing together over a stack of man hours... get printing sorted with a good web-offset deal I suppose, hit the print deadlines for the chosen distribution days and we're away.

Oh no, we'd need lawyers wouldn't we, and the worst thing is, we'd have to decide on some free gifts, that might take ages, what if a kid swallows some plastic parts of something cheap we're giving away for free.

We'd probably need a website in this day and age too, maybe like some kind of forum attached to it, so we can get a community going for further comment, perhaps we can use PHPBB as its open source, I think something called bikeradar uses it, I'll have to look into it further.

Anyway, sounds dead easy. Im going to stop posting and set to work on a logo right away.

The free gift would be a crappy cycling jersey with an ugly logo and colour scheme.
  • mfin
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

The free gift would be a crappy cycling jersey with an ugly logo and colour scheme.

Naaa, I think we'd give away a proper sense of humour, or a packet of brain cells ;):)
  • ddraver
    dennis - Some bloke's already thought of it and called it Twitter...Damn them! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    mfin wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Naaa, I think we'd give away a proper sense of humour, or a packet of brain cells ;):)

So then it's something for you and ddraver! :wink: 8)
  • mfin
    Rundfahrt wrote:

You got me, fairdoos you're one shiny spanner :)
  • ddraver
    ... :P ..

Another insult Rundy? I thought only people who did nt have an argument did that?
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Yes, it would take some work at first. However, we could always use some performance inhancing drugs to help us through the long hours of the startup phase.
    Anyone know a "good" doctor?
  • Rundfahrt
    mfin wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

You got me, fairdoos you're one shiny spanner :)

Now, now, I am not nearly the quality of spanner that you two are. :D
  • ddraver
    Oooh and another one....
    - @ddraver
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    Rundfahrt wrote:

A yellow wrist band would seem more appropriate. They'll be a job lot available cheaply very, very soon.
  • Rundfahrt
    andyp wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

A yellow wrist band would seem more appropriate. They'll be a job lot available cheaply very, very soon.

It's too bad that you can't see the good done by a charity simply because the founder did things that are wrong in his line of business.
  • mfin
    edited July 2012
    Yes, some of that work included some funding towards a private jet for a poor multi-millionaire, or funding legal battles against people infringing the copyright of his for-profit company of the same name. (all out there to read about).

Whilst there's nothing wrong with the sentiment of a charity or a lot of its activities, it does not by default make it that the good done by a charity allows it to be beyond criticism. But that's another subject.

...well... back to the USADA stuff now hopefully, all gone a bit off-topic (albeit fun).
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    dennisn wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Yes, it would take some work at first. However, we could always use some performance inhancing drugs to help us through the long hours of the startup phase.
    Dennis, you might set up a sister publication to keep those who haven't got the time informed about the ramblings of a few random people on a random cycling forum on this most pressing of issues as you seem to be following their utterances on a minute by minute basis ;)
  • Rundfahrt
    mfin wrote:
    Yes, some of that work included some funding towards a private jet for a poor multi-millionaire, or funding legal battles against people infringing the copyright of his for-profit company of the same name. (all out there to read about).

Whilst there's nothing wrong with the sentiment of a charity or a lot of its activities, it does not by default make it that the good done by a charity allows it to be beyond criticism. But that's another subject.

...well... back to the USADA stuff now hopefully, all gone a bit off-topic (albeit fun).

There is a difference between legitimate criticism and bad mouthing a charity simply because you don't like the founder.
  • mfin
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    There is a difference between legitimate criticism and bad mouthing a charity simply because you don't like the founder.

I wasn't bad mouthing anything based on a dislike of anyone. Its fact. Go do some reading on it if it interests you. Look into Mellow Johnny's Aviation Livestrong payments and look up BarkStrong for instance, where money from the charity was used to meet legal costs of copyright infringement issues whereas it could have come from the very profitable .com organisation?? Try appearance fee issues and travel to represent the charity where the Jet was paid for by the charity.

There's plenty out there, Im only restating what's a few clicks away. Of course, it could all be complete rubbish, but go look and make up your own mind. Unless its just more important to you that you try to make out I have some dislike thats caused me to make the stuff up myself :roll:

...anyway... enjoy your reading... Im leaving the daft stuff for a bit, let's see that happens with the USADA stuff now.
  • ddraver
    Wow! And a fourth!!!!
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Dennis, you might set up a sister publication to keep those who haven't got the time informed about the ramblings of a few random people on a random cycling forum on this most pressing of issues as you seem to be following their utterances on a minute by minute basis ;)

Well, I am retired and at times a bit bored. Guess I'm perfect for the job. And as an added plus I have already confessed to drug use. And, oh yes, alcohol abuse. Wait, maybe it should be radio talk show. I have been told I have a good radio voice or, as someone already mentioned, that may only mean I'm ugly. Perfect.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Well, I am retired and at times a bit bored. Guess I'm perfect for the job. And as an added plus I have already confessed to drug use. And, oh yes, alcohol abuse. Wait, maybe it should be radio talk show. I have been told I have a good radio voice or, as someone already mentioned, that may only mean I'm ugly. Perfect.
    lol, we could all make our fortunes!