USADA files doping charges against Lance

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Some people I thought were quite respectable are proving to be very pro-Lance on twitter...must be the Omerta.

Who?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Turfle wrote:
    Me too. And I routinely get 7 letter words on Countdown.

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it!

minge-countdown-rachel-riley.jpgx

:x

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    Tusher wrote:
    Sweet Little Cycling Rodent,

You are officially a genius.

Another glass of Bollinger?

There's a tray of mushroom vol-au-vents over there- by the time this thread is done, we'll be starving.

...sniffle... don't s'pose you've got any cheese?

@ratsbey
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Tusher wrote:
    Some people I thought were quite respectable are proving to be very pro-Lance on twitter...must be the Omerta.

oh go on- name names LL

Nobody really important. Chris Sutton is one...Even if some riders are stupid enough to continue to support Armstrong, you'd think they would be better off just keep shtum.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

There's a tray of mushroom vol-au-vents over there- by the time this thread is done, we'll be starving.

'course I do- Emmenthal, Brie, Cheddar, Edam............whatever you like really.

It's the party we've all been waiting for.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pffft.

Seems the old guys are intent on keeping up the tradition of the June doping scandal, in spite of the new generation's efforts not to.

They got no respect for tradition.
  • Full Merckx
    Full Merckx Posts: 143
    When you're the Daddy you can be a ****. But when your patronage is no longer needed you're vulnerable. Glad this has stopped his bastardisation of another sport (?) if that's what triathlon is.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    :D Users browsing this forum: alex1rob, calvjones, Cubic, Desmos4, dougzz, ellerslierd, Full Merckx, iainf72, Jez mon, LeicesterLad, mroli, narbs, NervexProf, No tA Doctor, prawny, slimreaper, Snorebens, steveinthepeaks, thegibdog, Timoid., tremayne , Tusher, xixang, yourpaceormine and 54 guests

Not bad for 10.40 on a Tour de Suisse Wednesday :D

Strava is not Zen.
  • LeicesterLad
    Wheres the Monkey Man? He just showed up on my twitter feed and now I know his real name :lol:

Its not afx.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Wheres the Monkey Man? He just showed up on my twitter feed and now I know his real name :lol:

Its not afx.

THUD
  • LeicesterLad
    calvjones wrote:
    :D Users browsing this forum: alex1rob, calvjones, Cubic, Desmos4, dougzz, ellerslierd, Full Merckx, iainf72, Jez mon, LeicesterLad, mroli, narbs, NervexProf, No tA Doctor, prawny, slimreaper, Snorebens, steveinthepeaks, thegibdog, Timoid., tremayne , Tusher, xixang, yourpaceormine and 54 guests

No Moray or DennisN though :(
  • ratsbeyfus
    Tusher wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

'course I do- Emmenthal, Brie, Cheddar, Edam............whatever you like really.

It's the party we've all been waiting for.

More here

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstro ... g-by-usada
    The letter accuses not only Armstrong, but also five associates, including three doctors and team manager Johan Bruyneel. It says that they "engaged in a massive doping conspiracy from 1998-2011" and cites the testimony of more than 10 cyclists. Michele Ferrari is one of the named doctors.

In its letter, USADA says Armstrong used EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, corticosteroids and masking agents as well as distributed them and administered them to others.

S'pose I could allow myself just an incy-wincy drop of bubbly... and a bit of cheddar naturally.

@ratsbey
  • ellerslierd
    ellerslierd Posts: 266
    calvjones wrote:

I was just going to flick through the spoiler thread, but then...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Its not afx.

All the hipsters know where it's from

Drukqs_album_cover.png
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

Its not afx.

Ahoy.

Was that the Tweet where I made myself look like a tit by getting Der Kaiser's number of 2nd places wrong?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I want to move past this and not care, but he's just such a d1ckwad so...

nelson-muntz_original.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LeicesterLad
    afx237vi wrote:

Its not afx.

Ahoy.

Was that the Tweet where I made myself look like a tit by getting Der Kaiser's number of 2nd places wrong?

The Ullrich tweet. :lol:

I got a follow from BMC after I started making derogatory remarks concerning big George. Well worth the follow.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    hmmm, i think I need to join twitter for the tour....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ratsbeyfus
    ...and more here...

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12112/USADA-makes-formal-doping-charges-against-Armstrong-Tour-titles-at-risk.aspx

Amongst the claims made are that Armstrong, team manager Johan Bruyneel, doctors Michele Ferrari (Italy), Pedro Celaya (Luxembourg), Luis Garcia del Moral (Spain) and the Spanish trainer Pepi Marti, who currently coaches Alberto Contador, were involved in what is being termed a massive doping conspiracy between 1998 and 2011. The Post states that there are more then ten cyclists amongst the witnesses.

Rick, can we merge this thread with the Contador one now please?

@ratsbey
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Who needs graphs when you've got a spreadsheet?

This one's for Bernie:

c981f7be-e46c-4245-aa9d-d61ae110a264.Full.jpg
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    So where does this leave Johan Bruyneel? It says he's also accused. If Lance is banned from competing will he be banned from managing Radiospack too? Might cheer up the Schleks a bit.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    'Edgar Allen Poe' :|
  • ellerslierd
    ellerslierd Posts: 266
    My overriding feeling is that this is going to get messy, but I hope this is a bit like all these other stories, everyone get very excited, and then (with a few exceptions) everyone moves on
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Awaiting McQuaid's response to this with interest.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:

That. Is.

I don't know the right word.

Massive.

I guess they were given what was said during the FBI investigation?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    edited June 2012
    Scan reading leaked USDA letter that Iain posted.

Think messy might be an understatement
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    I too think this could get holy messy for many more than just those named. I think Uci should and probably are getting rather worried right now. Good job too.