F1 and Cycling cross paths

Comments

• He likes steak as well, Lots and Lots of STEAK, beef beef beef steak beef steak cow burger.

Though i'd beat everyone else to it. :wink:
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Anyone got the red handbag handy?
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

He likes steak as well, Lots and Lots of STEAK, beef beef beef steak beef steak cow burger.

Though i'd beat everyone else to it. :wink:

What can blame him? a nice steak whilst watching the F1 sounds like an ideal Sunday evening :lol:
  • He likes steak as well, Lots and Lots of STEAK, beef beef beef steak beef steak cow burger.

091219184728.jpg

(There you go OCD, happy to oblige)
  • Bruno Senna on rollers playing a console game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IcrppPDqFI
    Contador is the Greatest
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    this entire thread is a FAIL

8 pages and no-one has posted the photo of Hinault swinging fists - it has Alain Prost in the crowd !!!
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    40193168.jpg
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say Martin Brundle doesn't do a lot of cycling:

https://twitter.com/pauldirestaf1/statu ... 76/photo/1
  • alihisgreat
    ahhh beaten me to it.

Such a funny picture.

its the shoes that give it away.
  • graeme_s-2
    ahhh beaten me to it.

Such a funny picture.

its the shoes that give it away.
    Yep - and the sponsor provided kit and bike that probably still has the tags on it!

Fair play to him though. Bet there were a few moments when he would have struggled to keep up with Hoy and di Resta too, even if they were just mucking about.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    F1 and Cycling's about to cross paths in another way.

Word is that BC are about to announce Matt Parker's replacement as head of the Secret Squirrel Club and its someone from F1...
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Jenson Button's riding round Singapore in a jersey with rainbow bands on one of the sleeve cuffs:
    A3DryA8CIAAlOf6.jpg
    So is he breaching etiquette, or is it to represent his F1 World Driver's Championship? ;)

To answer as the company that designed and produced Jenson's Ichiban kit: "As a World Champion we thought he was very deserving to wear the rainbow stripes on his new team kit. Jenson is a great ambassadors for cycling and triathlon, he did ask if he could/should have the rainbow stripes, to which we answered 'yes'. We hope everyone likes his kit and we look forward to hearing any more thoughts on this matter.

As a road rider, TT'r, Triahtlete & MTB'r those stripes are earned not sewn on. I'm sure that Jensen would sat the same to his champ bands for F1 title.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • graeme_s-2
    For once, I love the Daily Mail's take on this story

Paul di Resta cycles with Sir Chris Hoy ahead of F1 Australian Grand Prix

article-2292562-189FEFCA000005DC-992_634x575.jpg
  • alihisgreat
    hahaha that's brilliant
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Alonso again:
    BF2IJYlCIAALQP-.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    ... and in further news:

In defiance of team orders, Team Red Bull's Sebastian Froome robs his team mate Mark Wiggins of victory in the one-day classic Tour of Malaysia. The already strained relationship has been further damaged when friends and family started slagging it out on twitter.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Alonson with the Colnago Disk...interesting bike...
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Jenson Button tweeting that he's just had a podium finish in the California Ironman. 8)
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Martin Brundle ‏@MBrundleF1 27m
    Fascinating day at MIRA with Team Sky cycling guys comparing notes on sport and driving and we're all learning loads. Will be on SkyF1

Retweeted by Team Sky
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    goonz wrote:
    I think Colnago will keep pushing the disk tech until the UCI accepts it, they make sense in a number of ways apart from aesthetically.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Paul 8v wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    I think Colnago will keep pushing the disk tech until the UCI accepts it, they make sense in a number of ways apart from aesthetically.

If you're into that stuff (and I'm not) procycling did a good article on disc brakes on road bikes last month.

Basically it gets more complicated the more you look into it.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
  • tailwindhome
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Interesting that the ES commentators mentioned Nibali visiting Brackley of all places to work on his TT position. I would assume that Brackley would be the location of a wind tunnel/ aero testing facility, probably connected with F1, since it is next door to Silverstone.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RonB wrote:
    Interesting that the ES commentators mentioned Nibali visiting Brackley of all places to work on his TT position. I would assume that Brackley would be the location of a wind tunnel/ aero testing facility, probably connected with F1, since it is next door to Silverstone.
    The Mercedes and Force India teams are both based there. British Cycling have used the Mercedes wind tunnel in the past
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    RonB wrote:

Old Mercedes F1 wind tunnel.

See here for loads of info: http://www.drag2zero.co.uk/
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • tailwindhome
    169763857-sir-chris-hoy-of-great-britain-prepares-for-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QRNqxXxorb%2Fw0sfvRdMxdndUrLGB%2BZ0T%2BQ6wVhDWZmTyy3SkJIsDjSOwT5eqcP8YcA%3D%3D

Some great photos on the Getty site.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    schumy.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549
    ^lol. Would like to see schumi in a bike race, he'd be elbowing them all off