RE:Kaiser!!

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    If you've got room that would be awesome. Can you pm me the details?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    There already 3 of us in the support van so its full on the way up i'm afraid. I'm heading back up to Wolverhampton with thge van on sunday though if it made it easier to get a train, got to drop off at Cardiff on the way
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar
    Ok ignore that last message theres now room in the support van on thursday morning, i'll pm you my details but basically you could either park at mine in Cardiff or park at the finish location where I will be picking VW up from, got to leave Nempmn, nephn, niph, the finish location at 4am to get there in plenty of time as the van needs to be loaded up with stuff. Either that or theres room in the van up to Wolves on Sunday.

Anyway, check your inbox, i'll pm ya my number and we can work out a plan. Alternatively you can get my number from most Ladies toilets and phoneboxes
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    My sister used to live in Nempnett Thrubwell.

I'll see you guys in Glossop, at the crack of dawn on Thursday.

200miles, three days. Booyah!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Good luck with it guys
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Clank wrote:
    200miles, three days. BOOOM
    FTFY in the style of the bigman himself
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Just a quick question Gaz what happened with the trail work?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    Good luck you lot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Yeah, good luck guys. well done for doing it :D
  • Gazlar

Its still all on, but cognation haven't even started work yet on the plans, they've invited me for a meeting with them and Rowan when they start work over the coming months, to discuss what, where etc.

I've stated a preference for downhill with them but also said were happy to take either depending on what they can accommodate and what is going to provide the best tribute to Kaiss
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Gazlar wrote:

Its still all on, but cognation haven't even started work yet on the plans, they've invited me for a meeting with them and Rowan when they start work over the coming months, to discuss what, where etc.

I've stated a preference for downhill with them but also said were happy to take either depending on what they can accommodate and what is going to provide the best tribute to Kaiss

Good work bro, keep me upto date on the meeting, I will come hold hands. then we can go skip off into the sunset after in his memory :)
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    Good luck 8)
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Good luck everyone!

I'd have been there myself if I wasn't forbidden from taking time off work, and my knee wasn't mashed up.

All the best, keep each other going, and try not to be walking like John Wayne by the end!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hoping all is going well for you all, just looked at the participants from the webpage and can see gazlar getting into some serious trouble, just hope he shares his stalking pictures!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Well day 2 complete, yesterday we burned, today we drowned. Off to consume meat
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    Gazlar wrote:

Locked in a room with vwsurfbum? :shock:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    ste_t wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

The question is, who locked the door?
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Keep going guys, not far to go now. You got a mention on Radio 2 Drivetime this evening, someone's wife rang in and gave details.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

The question is, who locked the door?

He kept trying to escape, what was I supposed to do, I mean other than dress him as foxc
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Keep going guys, not far to go now. You got a mention on Radio 2 Drivetime this evening, someone's wife rang in and gave details.

Gaz is used to being mentioned on the radio. To be fair though, usually it's only to say "please! if you see this man in your local area, for the love of baby jeebus, call the police".

Good luck with the final day guys!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Yeah good luck today guys

Just had a look and the total is up to £35k :shock: and that's without gift aid
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Easily the most fun 3 days I've ever had on a bike and one hell of a party at the end, Gaz proved that 201 miles is possible on a 150mm full suss too.
    Need bacons

Total reached £45k lastnight
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    fantastic work from all of you, was Gazlar on an Orange 5 coz that would have made him uber quick!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    bg13 wrote:
    fantastic work from all of you, was Gazlar on an Orange 5 coz that would have made him uber quick!

Funny you should mention Orange 5's as even the roadies were calling them ;-p

I forgot that VW managed to lose himself on the first day
    SteT crashed in hedge near the end to much laughter
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    *crudcatcher mode suspended*
    Congratulations to all involved. Much props for raising so much money for a great cause.
    *crudcatcher mode resumed*

I assume there is now a 200mile trail of destruction with many ditches full of hookers with backwards heads?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    *crudcatcher mode suspended*
    Congratulations to all involved. Much props for raising so much money for a great cause.
    *crudcatcher mode resumed*

I assume there is now a 200mile trail of destruction with many ditches full of hookers with backwards heads?

^^^^ this....nice one 8) . gutted i couldn't ride it :(
  • Gazlar
    Don't forget that Ste_t and myself also had to block in muttly in a sprint finish at the end, just to stop him overtaking Sarah at the line. Seriously good three days though with team sausage and a party that would make James Belushi proud
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    Bloody good fun being part of team sausage. We survived the whole thing and had more fun than anyone else!

Considering we had 1 tourer, 1 crosser, 4 mtbs (1 that didn't have enough gears on,) 1 p.o.s thing that was absolutely farked, and muttly on a borrowed roadbike wearing full lycra with his nipples hanging out, we were rather spectacular!
  • Clank
    Gazlar wrote:
    Seriously good three days though with team sausage and a party that would make James Belushi proud

I understand it wasn't just the band making a Racket!

Great three days - interesting route, 'interesting' weather, f*****g awesome company.

S**t load of money raised, and a good man remembered.

Nice.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Clank
    ste_t wrote:
    Considering we had 1 crosser

You're refering to the bike, right? Cos, like, I'm convinced you couldn't see my knickers through my baggies....