RE:Kaiser!!

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Not the best picture i know, but this was a very memorable ride and one i will remember.
    WP_000527.jpg
    One of the drier moments.

Its cruel that he was looking forward to his wedding this year and his month in Thailand, I cant believe he also put so much effort into clearing his debts in such a short space of time to make it all possible!
    At least he got to ride his new bike in anger and maybe this cruel world will return the edison and the the people who stole it rot in jail!

That was a good day. even when he was knackered he was grinning.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Read the first couple of posts before work this morning, thought all would turn out well, what a shocker, thoughts are with his family and friends

RIP Alex
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Nice to hear about Alex from people who knew him personally, he really does seem like a genuine guy and as said we're a small fold, we've lost one of our own. Such a tragic waste of life.

Take it easy bud
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    you just never know, really, you just never know..

RIP
  • Never had the pleasure of meeting him but always got the impression he was a top guy and will be greatly missed the world has suffered a great loss

RIP

and condolences to his family and in particular his fiancee

a truly sad day :cry:
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Not the best picture i know, but this was a very memorable ride and one i will remember.
    WP_000527.jpg
    One of the drier moments.

Its cruel that he was looking forward to his wedding this year and his month in Thailand, I cant believe he also put so much effort into clearing his debts in such a short space of time to make it all possible!
    At least he got to ride his new bike in anger and maybe this cruel world will return the edison and the the people who stole it rot in jail!

That was a good day. even when he was knackered he was grinning.

Some lovely words in this thread, it's so desperately sad. But which one in the pic is Kaiser? I feel like everyone on this thread knows him, apart from me, and I'm out of order for asking. Sorry.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Absolutely shocking news, my thoughts are with his family and loved ones at what must be an extremely difficult time.. only spoke to him a few times on here, but he seemed a very genuine, nice guy. RIP man.. :(
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    dodgy wrote:
    Some lovely words in this thread, it's so desperately sad. But which one in the pic is Kaiser? I feel like everyone on this thread knows him, apart from me, and I'm out of order for asking. Sorry.

The brick s**thouse in the yellow.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Good photo, my thoughts go out to his friends and family.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Clank wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

The brick s**thouse in the yellow.
    And he was! If i was ever on the wrong side of him, I'd be scared! LOL
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    This is very, very sad news. My thoughts go out to his family.

As others, never had the pleasure of riding with him, but from his on line persona, you knew you'd get on with him.

A tragic loss. :(
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I only knew him on the forum, but it is tragic loss. RIP.

My thoughts are with his Fiancée, family and friends
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Really sad news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Jesus, had no idea this thread was going to lead to this news !
    Only had the pleasure of meeting Alex once, on a Peaks ride he organised last year. He really was a cracking guy and as others have said, he was one of those who you just get on with from the off, like you've known them for ages.
    Really couldn't beleive this, RIP fella and thoughts to your close ones.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Great contributors such as Kaise make the forum a great community, I can only assume he was doing this in the real world too making him pretty damn valuable to society. Sincerest regrets.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Alex's sad and untimely passing made the BBC News site
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I wonder if it is sudden adult death syndrome that we hear about? I guess we will have to wait for the coroner, but would be good to raise some money in his name if it turns out to be this (or another medical cause).
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Really sad news.
    My thoughts are with his family and fiancée.

I was talking to some of Alex's work colleagues today and to say they are shocked and sad is an understatement. He was obviously well regarded and liked and will be sorely missed.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    supersonic wrote:
    I wonder if it is sudden adult death syndrome that we hear about? I guess we will have to wait for the coroner, but would be good to raise some money in his name if it turns out to be this (or another medical cause).

Yeah Doesnt CRY (cardiac risk in the young) do some good work in that area? Again, its something that I'd be more than happy (given the circumstances) to do
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • supersonic
    My idea is thus (and is something we did on the old WMB forum for a charity).

We all donate excess bike parts to a volunteer, who will build a bike up. Basically we make a big spec list, and people keep reposting it with what they have until a decent, viable build appears. We post the bits off to the person, who builds it, then we raffle it off. Tickets say £10 each, and we get as many people as we can in on it. Maybe even get some custom decals made up too.

I will then write up about Alex in WMB, and the charity, and bike.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,498
    supersonic wrote:
    My idea is thus (and is something we did on the old WMB forum for a charity).

We all donate excess bike parts to a volunteer, who will build a bike up. Basically we make a big spec list, and people keep reposting it with what they have until a decent, viable build appears. We post the bits off to the person, who builds it, then we raffle it off. Tickets say £10 each, and we get as many people as we can in on it. Maybe even get some custom decals made up too.

I will then write up about Alex in WMB, and the charity, and bike.
    I reckon that given how much shiny stuff a lot of us buy/have bought, there is going to be quite a bit of surplus stock in sheds & garages :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • supersonic
    Absolutely! I'll see if I can blag some bits too!

Is a fun thing to do and will get some money, get parts moving and clear some garages out!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'd be up for that, got some old bits lying around i think.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    supersonic wrote:
    Absolutely! I'll see if I can blag some bits too!

Is a fun thing to do and will get some money, get parts moving and clear some garages out!

Very sad news. Unfortunately, I have never met Kaiser in person, but he seemed like a really nice person from what Ive heard/seen on this forum. I was always impressed with his your mtbs builds.

I would be happy to donate to the build, but most of what I have spare is cr@p. Formula hubs on alex rims anyone?
  • supersonic
    Well, let's not jump the gun ;-). Need to refine the idea a bit (though worked well last time, got £500 - though would expect a lot more this time).

I should be able to get some good, new forks, bits and bobs, and maybe a frame if i can blag one from the bat cave. Once we have an idea of frame, then we know what bits will fit and so on.

Also what we did was get people to donate by selling excess parts, and then buying bits that were needed!
  • Gazlar
    Sounds a top idea,

Don't suppose you know anyone at wmb with any contacts who could put a good word in down at cognation do you ss? I'm more than happy to pester people, write emails, lift a shovel etc etc, but if you know someone in the scene with influence and a sympathetic ear it might make it easier to get a good response to my emails
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I shouldn't think you'd have to Gaz there all part of the sport and be amazed if they refused or ignored this one. Some of the guys are local to the scene so give them a few days and pretty sure you'll get a response and it will be as we hope :)
  • Gazlar
    I hope so, I really do. I'm sure it will turn out to be a positive response
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Happily donate / build, great idea SS
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    and i'll happily deliver it, wherever from to in the uk, by pedal power dressed as Ronald McDonald if that helps the bidding
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp