RE:Kaiser!!

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    supersonic wrote:
    Cheers for the update Bill.

I think that settles it then, let's raise money for The Cardimyopathy Trust:

http://www.cardiomyopathy.org/Support-our-campaign.html

I'll try and blag a frame and forks and we can get started!

done, i have no parts. but i'll help anyway i can....
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    All can buy tickets. I'd say £10 per ticket. To allocate, we'll keep copying and pasteing a list so we can all see each others numbers. To draw the number, last time we used the last three digits of the top Premium Bond number for a given date. If nobody had it, then he next down, and so on.

If we get enough parts, 2 builds could be on the cards!

When things get moving, I'll make a new official thread. Then spread the word!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Sounds top notch, something to support.

No responses as yet regarding trail naming so I'm going to try the Bristol trails group who do the building at Ashton Court, see if theres owt that can be put in place here
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Gazlar wrote:

No responses as yet regarding trail naming so I'm going to try the Bristol trails group who do the building at Ashton Court, see if theres owt that can be put in place here

Getting parts of Ashton Court/Leigh Woods, should be plausible. I'll PM our club chairperson this thread and see what she says.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • welshkev
    Gazlar wrote:

i only got back from hols yesterday mate so haven't had chance to speak to any of the guys at the club, i'll get on it today :D
  • Gazlar
    That's ok kev, just thinking its best to open up all lines of comms
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    with regards to the frame, could someone speak to argos racing cycles and try to blag a respray? make it a bit personal and unique?
  • welshkev
    posted on the crudders facebook page:

Alex Kaiser

The life of our beautiful son, brother, uncle, fiance & friend, Alex Kaiser will be celebrated on Friday 11th May at St Lukes Church, Glossop (Derbyshire) at 1:30pm with the internment to follow at 3pm at Glossop Cemetery and wake at Glossop Rugby Club. All are welcome and encouraged to come and share your memories and pay your respects to this truly magnificent man

a chill went through me when i clicked on notifications and it said 'alex kaiser has posted in the crudcatcher' :(
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    welshkev wrote:
    a chill went through me when i clicked on notifications and it said 'alex kaiser has posted in the crudcatcher' :(
    Very much this.
    Not sure if i can make it yet though?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    welshkev wrote:

Glad I wasn't the only one.
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Not sure if i can make it yet though?

I know I can't - I'm setting up a rally in Wales. Friday night though, I'm raising a glass to the man.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I can't be there sadly as my minion is off on Friday, so I have to hold the fort. Shame as I know where St. Luke's is!
    I'll be in the pub on Friday night and shall get my friends to raise one to him as well.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Sadly not, here either, i would really like to attend but I am in the middle of tax returns that no one else can complete :(
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Still hasn't sunk in that this has really happened :(
  • vazte20
    vazte20 Posts: 2
    Hello everyone my name is Stephen Kaiser I am Alex Kaiser's slightly younger cousin, as a fitting tribute to Alex I am running in the Bupa Great Yorkshire 10k Run on 02/09/2012 and I am looking for sponsorship to support the Cardiomyopathy Association I doesnt matter how great or how small all donations will be greatly appriciated.

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/StephenKaiser
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    As per my post in Wednesday's morning thread, the information on the Kaisers' charity ride can be found at www.thekaiserchallenge.com.

You can donate/sign up from there. Anyone else up for the ride?
  • VWsurfbum
    going to see if i can get the time off tomorrow.
    so happy to share lifts from the south east?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Looks like i've got the time off so I'd be up for the three days
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    I've applied for all 3 days.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    If I can sort out transport I will sign up for the 3 days.
  • welshkev
    gf has given me the ok for the 3 days, i'll check in work tomorrow.

how you planning on getting there gaz? cheap train tickets? :D you wanna share a lift?
  • Gazlar
    Think I might have to drive up as it looks like i'm working late on the wednesday, which means getting the car back on Sunday somehow, i'll have to work out what i'm definately working etc
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    Right fecknuggets just had my holiday confirmed!
    So i'm as you say "IN"
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Just a quickie,
    My mum rang last night and said she can have the kids on the saturday night.
    So now i will be enjoying a few drinks with you at the end! Result.
    MrsVW may also be coming to cheer us on over the line and enjoy a few drinks. Which is nice.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Good Luck to all of you doing the ride!!!!!!!!

May the road be tool free and your tyres punctureless.

Top Blokes and Blokettes!

8)
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • VWsurfbum
    Cheers.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    rgliniany wrote:

8)

+ spud & also may even the roadies nod to you out of respect
  • VWsurfbum
    matthew h wrote:
    rgliniany wrote:

8)

+ spud & also may even the roadies nod to you out of respect
    Well that might be pushing it LOL
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Just a quickie,
    My mum. Which is nice.

ilagot

If your staying then, you're round lol.

This is going to be a fun 3 days. can't believe our group is a sausage fest, I suppose it gives the girls a sporting chance as we close in, its like my favourite footer

Foxc hunting
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    At present, I'll be stuck in Bristol on Sunday with my car in Glossop. Anyone in 'Team Sausage' (3) heading back up that way on the Sunday?
  • VWsurfbum
    can you not drive to Bristol and come up with us thursday morning in the support lorry?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty