RE:Kaiser!!

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Gazlar wrote:
    and i'll happily deliver it, wherever from to in the uk, by pedal power dressed as Ronald McDonald if that helps the bidding
    A CC ride in relevent costume, but as its the CC you'll be on your own.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    That sounds like a great idea from SS.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    leaflite wrote:
    I would be happy to donate to the build, but most of what I have spare is cr@p. Formula hubs on alex rims anyone?
    Running them on my 456 :D. They've not had a problem over several years on two bikes now, chucked all over, and not needed two warranty fixes unlike a certain spanking CB wheelset I've got! ;)

Anyway, as for charity stuff, see if there's any suggestion from friends and family as they may have a preference. Leave it for now as I'm sure they don't want to be disturbed.

Still shocked by it, and yet I don't really know the guy.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I 'd get involved, I've a few spares kicking about. XT cranks?
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    Read about this earlier but didn't put 2 and 2 together, straightaway.

Shocked and saddened, my thoughts go out to his family.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Great idea SS, be happy to donate funds, don't really have any bike parts to give.

Would a remembrance /charity ride be a nice gesture also? Don't want to start snowballing ideas and SS build a bike I'm sure is enough for us for now, just a thought, could raise awareness if it did turn out to be a condition that could have its profile raised. Regardless it would be be nice to see lots of boys/girls out to honour Alex and have a great day on the bikes
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Also, don't have any spare working bike parts but would be happy to donate. One full details are refined etc I'll post it on our local club forum. If someone could remind me please.

thanks
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • has been terrible news, thoughts to his family.

I never had the priviliage of meeting Kaise, but spoke on twitter quite a bit. Real shame and a shock! :(

More than happy to donate funds/parts as needed.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    You lot wouldnt want my spare parts :P

more than happy to donate in other ways though
  • EyesintheSky
    EyesintheSky Posts: 183
    Same here, I don't have any parts worth mentioning yet, but I'm more than happy to donate towards any parts and help dig up any trails with you guys.
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    No parts to donate (for geographical reasons) but if there is a paypal account set up for donations to buy parts (then subsequent raffle tickets), I'll gladly send what I can.

I think this would be a fitting tribute to the guy and helping a good cause while at it.
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    How about, in a fitting CrudCatcher tribute, also throwing a night's stay at a Rhyl b&b, in mid November into the raffle!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    That is genius!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    How about, in a fitting CrudCatcher tribute, also throwing a night's stay at a Rhyl b&b, in mid November into the raffle!
    Add in Sheep's mum and I'm there.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861

i could donate my velcro gloves too?
    l
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    mudcow007 wrote:

l

Just need someone to offer a free course of antibiotics and its sorted !
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    mudcow007 wrote:

l
    Er, kind of missing the point.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    With regard to the trail idea, heard nothing back as of yet from either Cognation or BMBC but that's fair enough, I don't expect anything overnight, I have however found a contact for Bristol trails, which I may approach over the coming days with regard to putting something into place maybe at Ashton Court as it was Kaise's local turf
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    There has been an interesting posting recently gone on the Singletrack forums from Bill83 who says he has been requested to find photos of Alex on behalf of his parents.

He also reports that Alex died peacefully in his sleep from his heart stopping.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... tos-please
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Richie63 wrote:
    There has been an interesting posting recently gone on the Singletrack forums from Bill83 who says he has been requested to find photos of Alex on behalf of his parents.

I'm not a member on there, can you post the one from here of mine?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Richie63
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Richie63 wrote:

I'm not a member on there, can you post the one from here of mine?

Sadly I'm not a member either I was just looking for info on another topic and came across this. Though I may join to send some pictures.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Richie63 wrote:

Seems like it could be SADS - but we'll wait for it to be confirmed, then nominate a charity.
  • Richie63
    SADS

He died because the inside of his van was dark?

I know, I know but it is the crud catcher. There has to be some humor somewhere in all this.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Richie63 wrote:
    SADS

He died because the inside of his van was dark?

I know, I know but it is the crud catcher. There has to be some humor somewhere in all this.

lol

sads = sudden arrhythmic death syndrome

sad = seasonal effective disorder

sod = stating obvious discrepancy
  • Bill83
    Bill83 Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I was told about this thread so joined up.

Alex was suffering from -http://www.cardiomyopathy.org/About_us.html . He didn't know he had it but had been having a couple of dizzy spells and had been referred to a cardiologist.

If anyone can help with pictures or even good stories of Alex please let me know. His family and friends would really appreciate it.

Even if it's a daft, funny story let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill
  • supersonic
    Cheers for the update Bill.

I think that settles it then, let's raise money for The Cardimyopathy Trust:

http://www.cardiomyopathy.org/Support-our-campaign.html

I'll try and blag a frame and forks and we can get started!
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    count me in!
    what do you need?
  • supersonic
    When we get the frame and forks, we'll have a better idea of what parts will fit. But stuff like cassettes and shifters ie generic fits, might as well say now! But we'll do the official 'copy and paste' list when the frame is confirmed.
  • addivllangirb
    addivllangirb Posts: 322
    I can throw a new set of XT Trail SPDs (PD785) into the bag if there is a use for them
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Will be more than happy to donate once we decide on a frame and forks, got all sorts I can chuck in :)