RE:Kaiser!!

Comments

• tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Terrible news, he will be missed by many. Like many on here I only knew him through BR, but he really did seem to be one of the good guys.

thoughts and condolences to all that knew him.
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    bizarre and very upsetting

im upset and I never got to meet him, just felt like i knew him from here

thoughts with Sarah and family.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bugger.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    He was a good guy. One I only knew from here, but one that will be missed.

RIP
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • nicklouse wrote:
    Bloody hell.

Stuck for words.

My thoughts are with his family

Exactly the same here :(
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Its a measure of the guy that so many people who hadn't meet him are so saddened by his passing. I too never got to new Kaise, but you felt through his warmth and humour on here that if you were to meet him he'd be one of those guys you would feel like you'd known forever. My sincerest sympathies go out to Sarah and his family and friends and I'm site that I'm not alone in saying if there's anything us crudders can do to ease your immense loss, then we will, in memory of a great character

A true legend of the Crudcatcher, rest in peace at the most awesome downhill in the sky
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    terrible news, today is a sad day.

my thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones. :(
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    R.I.P :cry:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Terrible news :(
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Terrible news indeed and a shock to lose someone so very young.
    My condolences to the family, RIP Kaise, you'll never be forgotten and it was a pleasure knowing you, albeit virtually
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    S**t, that's just terrible news. Thoughts are with his fiancée and family (sorry. not very good with words).

R.I.P. Kaiser :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 123oldman
    123oldman Posts: 268
    Utterly shocked! truely truely terrible news...
    Sounded and came across as an utterly top bloke, sad sad loss :(
    Condolences to his fiancee and family at this tragic news :cry:

R.I.P Kaiser
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Sad news, Met Alex a few times, was a really nice guy friendly open and as people say here one of those guys you just felt you knew for ages once you met him. Was hoping to go ride FOD with him soon. Truly saddened by his death.

Thought's are with his family and Sarah, :(
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    That really is dreadful news. I've just re-read some of his posts comes across as a really thoughtful guy, sad to think he was there and then....now just emptiness. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends. A really sad day. RIP. :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Saw that the news is all over the place and then bumped into this which reminded me of his thread about his bike being nicked recently! http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Follow- ... story.html

:(
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I hate to be nosy, but did he have some sort of heart condition or something?
    It's really none of my business, of course, so I respect that such a thing may just not be for me to know.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Don't know him as I only pop in now and again from the 'other side', but felt really saddened reading this. My thoughts are with his wife, and all you guys that either knew him personally or from the CC etc. Aggie.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    As with many others I didn't know the guy but am truly saddened to read this. Sounds like he was an all round good bloke. Condolences to all of his family and friends.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    sh!t - thoughts to family and friends.

On the whole, its always too early to go, but in some cases its a crime how short their time is with us
  • Ghostt
    Ghostt Posts: 192
    Terrible news, my thoughts go out to all those he left behind.
    Again, I only know of Kaise from the forums, but it's still a terrible loss. Top bloke, Ride in Peace mate
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S. Eliot
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I couldn't believe this when I read it. My thoughts are with his family on this sad day. RIP
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    this is absolutly terrible. never met him but he seemed like a nice guy. my thoughts are with his family and friends, especially his finacee Sarah, that's some really sad news.

Ride in Peace Alex
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Still in shock, terrible news. RIP Alex, you'll be missed mate.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Rest in peace brother.
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    I'm really gutted to have not gone on that ride with you last year Kaiser, such a terrible thing to hear my thoughts are with your family and your fiance :cry:

RIP Kaiser
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Met Kaiser the one time...... Lovely decent guy

RIP
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Not the best picture i know, but this was a very memorable ride and one i will remember.
    WP_000527.jpg
    One of the drier moments.

Its cruel that he was looking forward to his wedding this year and his month in Thailand, I cant believe he also put so much effort into clearing his debts in such a short space of time to make it all possible!
    At least he got to ride his new bike in anger and maybe this cruel world will return the edison and the the people who stole it rot in jail!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    As everyone has said Kaiser was one of the good guys on here and on Twitter, the MTB family is a small group and when something like this happens it's like losing a best mate (proven by the explosion of retweets from people all over the country trying to help out in anyway they could). He's been the source of much amusment for me over the last few years on this site with his sense of humour, he was planning a trip back north in the next few weeks to hit up Farmer Johns for a few days i'm just gutted we'll never get that chance now mate.
    My thoughts are with his family at this time
    R.I.P Kaise lets hope they have plenty hookers and ditches up there
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    RIP, pretty much all I can say really.

LnH to all his family and friends.

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Rode with Alex at Afan last year, and on the rare occasion at local club rides.

This place won't be the same without him.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!