Paris - Roubaix *spoiler*

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    edited April 2012
    NeilMick wrote:
    Anyone else suprised by his sudden turn around in form...

What? No!

3 time P-R winner wins P-R Shocker!! How is it sudden FFS?!?!?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    NeilMick wrote:
    Anyone else suprised by his sudden turn around in form...

Not really. He's always had amazing raw talent, just hasn't always applied himself fully.
    Plus, Canc not being there. They would've been two amazing races if hadn't crashed.
    exercise.png
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Thought that was a puncture for a second :shock:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    TheStone wrote:
    He's always had amazing raw talent, just hasn't always applied himself fully.

I have the same problem :(
  • What a win!

Sky said this morning they were aiming for the podium... aim for 2nd and that's all you'll get
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    awesome display of power and talent 8)
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    wow what a turn around for him after his nightmare with the mechanical on arenberg last year - chapeau, great ride.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ddraver
    What a win!

Sky said this morning they were aiming for the podium... aim for 2nd and that's all you'll get

I'm British so I'm a Sky fan, but they should be hanging their heads in shame today! It's a terrible performance and for once they should have the nadgers to come out and say it rather than giving it the "well we had some good points and some bad points" cr*p!
    - @ddraver
  • Boom!

I mean Boon! (en)
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    edited April 2012
    You will be my Hero Boonen
    I will kiss away your pain
    I will stand by you forever
    You just take, my breath away!!

You just are, my He-e-ro!

Move over Toby Flood, I have a new Man-crush!
    - @ddraver
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    edited April 2012
    Brilliant ride, chapeau Boonen.
  • IanLD
    Yes!!!!
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    I know that for some on here wins are just wins, be they the product of sitting in the bunch for 250km or doing a ride like this, but for me this was a magnificent win.
  • ddraver
    edited April 2012
    Oh go on Nicki!!!

edit, oh well...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    What a win!

I'm British so I'm a Sky fan, but they should be hanging their heads in shame today! It's a terrible performance and for once they should have the nadgers to come out and say it rather than giving it the "well we had some good points and some bad points" cr*p!
    I'm a fan too, and British, but they were negative all day, and most of last week

@gietvangent
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    SKY suck.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I'm embarassed for Sky.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • IanLD
    What a win!

Didn't even get that...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Can everyone now admit that Biggles-Holden is not some kind of cobbled classics god?

Epic ride by Boonen. Magnificent.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I can't seem to understand why people are praising the way Sky had four riders riding hard at the front without the help of other members from BMC, Rabo, Garmin..etc, with Hayman and Stannard doing big turn.

YET with Team Sky at the front the whole chasing group was going backward and the gap to Bonnen was getting bigger and bigger, THANKS TO TEAM SKY. No matter how good Bonnen was, no matter how the other team didn't help out, 4 v 1 and yet they managed to loose him.

Did they really have a good Roubaix?
    ITS BY DOING WHAT EVER, THAT YOU BECOME WHOEVER!
  • BikingBernie
    What a win!

They didn't even get that. :lol:
  • ddraver
    edited April 2012
    See here - viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12846485

And change the subject cos it's a Spoiler!
    - @ddraver
  • IanLD wrote:
    What a win!

Didn't even get that...

Sorry, I meant that if you say you'll make 2nd or 3rd, you won't do any better. Sky couldn't even do that.

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I can't seem to understand why people are praising the way Sky had four riders riding hard at the front without the help of other members from BMC, Rabo, Garmin..etc, with Hayman and Stannard doing big turn.

YET with Team Sky at the front the whole chasing group was going backward and the gap to Bonnen was getting bigger and bigger, THANKS TO TEAM SKY. No matter how good Bonnen was, no matter how the other team didn't help out, 4 v 1 and yet they managed to loose him.

Did they really have a good Roubaix?

No

Who's saying they did?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • BikingBernie
    Looks like Turgot got second, not bad for a rider from a 'no hope French squad' as Ian would have it. :wink:
  • Great win. Hugely impressive. Glad he's won it again.
  • ddraver
    Well the Sporza commentators are going to be fawning over Tommeke tonight!
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Can everyone now admit that Biggles-Holden is not some kind of cobbled classics god?

+1
  • IanLD
    Really poor show by Sky. OK Tom was on fire but they had four riders chasing him down at one point.

They are really showing other teams how to stop Cav from getting more wins

Great ride from Tom and amazing how a 50k solo ride can keep you enthralled. Would like to have seen a head to head with Cancellara but he would have had his work cut out today. At least he would have tried...
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    You can't criticise Sky too much. EBH is always cooked over 200km, Flecha was never going to win with a damaged hand. I think Rabo sitting in with 2 riders deserve more scorn. All that said, Boonen is just awesome, only Fab could have stopped that.